Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Congrats to Novara!!! What a nice run in the end of the tie break!! :super: :drink:

Enright MVP

Talk about volleyball. First and last warn.

I often don't like Shame affirmations (or may be I partially agree but I don't like the 'arrogance' he put in it), but this post of him is ALL about volleyball, and even about this specific match, or at least the player involved in it...

• So nice to reading positive coments about Polish setters :heart:
    Unfortunately I couldnt see this match but for sure I will fix that :win:

• But other than Vakifbank, who are the teams that are better than them? Fenerbahce, probably. Anyone else? Dinamo Moscow?

IMHO all the teams are rather weak this season. Just Vakifbank is on the same level. I see no competition so far, unless Fenebahce finds a good chemistry.

PS: I'm sorry guys for being so rude sometimes the whole time. Bad temper. :hit:

• Novara and Conegliano would have a chance vs Fener, for sure. IMO I just think that players like Natalia, Eda, Tomkom and Rahimova would give FB the edge. It would probably be a close match...

Anyway, this looked like a great match from what I saw of it. Congrats Novara :thumbsup:

Don't forget Hill and De Krujif were part of Vakifbank. Wolosz is doing amazing, amazing libero and 100% next season Turkish teams will fight for Samantha Bricio...

• Don't forget Hill and De Krujif were part of Vakifbank. Wolosz is doing amazing, amazing libero and 100% next season Turkish teams will fight for Samantha Bricio...

if Bricio isnt a good passer i dont think top turkish teams would like to sign her bcz of her attack..see Kosheleva !

• Wolosz has started well but everyone was saying how bad she was in Chemik last season. Personally I don't see her as one of the elite setters in the world, but maybe she can change my view this season.

Bricio isn't a good passer but she is better than Kosheleva at receiving and has a better serve has well. Also she is still young and has only played one professional season so she will probably continue to improve while Kosheleva seemingly continues to get worse. To me Bricio could not improve Vakifbank much, but maybe could be a good player for Fenerbahce. Better than Jerkov imo.

• Bricio was Novara servers' main target. She did quite good. Almost 40% perfect passing. 3 mistakes (one of them is on De Gennero, who was supposed to take care of the conflict zone).

Same for Piccinini. Enright changed the game, but she played very little. Picci had to play as second libero 3,5 sets to free Plak from passing (her stats are awful even covering half a meter of court).

• It is unfair that Poland has two high quality setters while most European teams lack even one (except SRB and ITA)

Novara seems intimidating with two big hitters but with all the respect to Piccinini, this 2 players receiving line can not resist against top server teams. Just have a look how Eda single-handedly killed GS's reception line in last match. Let's not forget both Vakıfbank and GS are also very good serving teams. To me, Novara's system is so delicate that in the long rung they won't be very successful in CL unless they choose to play with Enright&Piccinini and focus on attacking with mainly MBs and Egonu, which might actually can work well. On the other hand, I see Conegliano as a bigger thread against Turkish teams although Hodge's absence limited their roster quite badly :S

• It is unfair that Poland has two high quality setters while most European teams lack even one (except SRB and ITA)

Novara seems intimidating with two big hitters but with all the respect to Piccinini, this 2 players receiving line can not resist against top server teams. Just have a look how Eda single-handedly killed GS's reception line in last match. Let's not forget both Vakıfbank and GS are also very good serving teams. To me, Novara's system is so delicate that in the long rung they won't be very successful in CL unless they choose to play with Enright&Piccinini and focus on attacking with mainly MBs and Egonu, which might actually can work well. On the other hand, I see Conegliano as a bigger thread against Turkish teams although Hodge's absence limited their roster quite badly :S

Poland has 2 quality setters? It's a bit exaggerated. Skorupa hasn't played in NT since 2012 so not much benefits for Poland. Actually I understand her decision not to play but still :wall: Wolosz was terrible lately in Chemik and NT but I guess playing with big names will make her work hard and training hard not to mention that it's easier to play in such good team :whistle: But I hope she improves this season, she was good in last match :drink: She said something like that she could play 50% in Polish league and so on..

• My God Imoco is playing 5.11 Seria A, than they are playing CL 7.11, 11.11 second CL match. And again Seria A match. I don't know what do you guys thinks but for me that is to many matches in so short time. I wouldn't be surpirsed if someone got injured. :S

Don't forget they played 1.11 very hard match against Novara 5sets.

• Casalmaggiore played 4 matches in 6 days when they won Champions League and lost to Bergamo in QFs, being completely exhausted. Schedule is always like this...

• I started watching Busto-Bergamo at 8-8 of the first set and I thought 'well, good for Bergamo, they're keeping up!"
    Ten minutes later it was 19-9...

Ps it's not a new but everytime I'm amazed of how good is Orro in defence!! :white:

• And now Bergamo won set against Busto 33:31 what a set :white:

Where is Valentina Diuof ?? And where is Guiggi ??

• Bergamo played way better in the second set! And in fact won 32-30, after canceling several Busto set point (also Busto canceled at least 4 set point in a row before losimg the last one)

• Poor Whilite!

But I wouldn't blame Battisti, once because incidents happen, two because it doesn't seem to me she was that much on the other court...

Anyway, it was a very unlucky situation, if you think that she was in because Busto was dominating the set... and it happen at the very end!

Ps Guiggi? :what: she plays in Pomì...