Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• The most bizarre thing so far this season must be the fact Haak not only is the best blocker and the best server among all OH/OPPs in the league, but also is the only one among the top-30 scorers who has not been blocked one single time so far combined with only eight errors in four matches (Egonu has 23 errors for ex). Just compare with Egonu, they have both scored over 20 pts per game, but while Egonu has been either blocked down or made an error 31 times Haak has only eight to account for in the same aspects. Sanja Malagurski has been blocked down 24 times in comparision; Barun 14, Ortolani 11, Tomsia 11, van Hecke 10, Pavan 9, Egonu 8 etc. I do not know how many players there are capable of producing these kind of numbers and effictivity like 20 pts+ per game with 45% attempts-points ratio while still being able to cut down the mistakes to such an extent.

http://www.legavolleyfemminile.it/?page_id=341

• Bad news for Busto yet again: after Wilhite and Diouf, now they also lose Orro :white: She injured her hand in training today and will quite surely miss the game this weekend. Lucky they have a good backup (Dall'Igna)...

• Pomì :(

On the other hand Orro did recovered in time and played (while Diouf have to stay still for a little longer). Busto won 3-1 vs Monza, nice result for them, I consider Monza a direct contender!
    Keep shine Busto :heart:

• Pomi is bad because Rondon is bad. She is not using MB right look at their stats. Jovana had better stats even with young Klara Peric. They need Lo Bianco. I don't why they signed that bad setter from Canada -.-

• Pomi is bad because Rondon is bad. She is not using MB right look at their stats. Jovana had better stats even with young Klara Peric. They need Lo Bianco. I don't why they signed that bad setter from Canada -.-

No team ever is bad because one player is bad. The construction as a whole simply doesn't work out (yet?).

• Rondon didn't even play today!

But it's clear they need a better setter than Cyr. Although, having someone of Lo Bianco's age (no matter how good she is) as the main setter was always going to be a risky strategy.

Guerra is a big disappointment so far, this was her chance to impose herself in the abscence of Martinez (and Zeng Chunlei) and she hasn't used it at all in these matches. I expected more from her.

• Playing some ridiculous local tournament with Dominican U23 NT :aww:

This is pathetic. It's already the middle of November.

• How are the italian fans holding up?

Italy's world cup fate is at stake. I really thought the italian league threads in this forum wouldn't be this busy with everyone watching football. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Italy's world cup fate is at stake. I really thought the italian league threads in this forum wouldn't be this busy with everyone watching football. :win:

Opposed to countries like Germany and more like Brazil and Poland volleyball is in Italy number two teamsport and not that far behind.

• Playing some ridiculous local tournament with Dominican U23 NT :aww:

Hey Matthias sorry for the :offtopic: but do you know if Leyva is playing this U23 tournament?! There is a full round in Brazilian league today/tomorrow and I can't find any info if she is in Brazil or not

• Opposed to countries like Germany and more like Brazil and Poland volleyball is in Italy number two teamsport and not that far behind.

Volleyball should be number 1 for now after last night. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

I'm really pleased by the elimination. Italy has to wake up and realize volleyball is the most successful sport in this country and it deserves more. I'm talking about sponsors, better TV covering, more intrest from the media. I don't care a bit about the football NT, same as the 2 volleyball NTs, but the men's volleyball league deserves way more than a ridiculus Serie A, which is the mirror of this awful NT result. Same for the women's league, even if it's still low level and the shadow of itself.