Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Modena vs Legnano turned out to be a fun match, although it highlighted Modena's weaknesses. Barun doesn't appear to be as effective this season and Ferretti makes some ridiculous choices all too often. Speaking of struggling players, Montano, OMG, what was that. She's a ghost of a shadow of her former self, much like Havelkova for Monza. Bosetti was on fire, though. It's been a while since I last saw Vesović and she did alright. I wouldn't mind having her back on NT if she playes like that.
    Legnano showed a lot of grit, but aside from Mingardi and Pencova, there's just not enough individual quality there.

Haak scored more points than the rest of her team combined. :S She's obviously an extremely promising player and already very good as she is, but soon the novelty factor will wear off and they'll need to start looking for other solutions.

• Haak scored more points than the rest of her team combined. :S She's obviously an extremely promising player and already very good as she is, but soon the novelty factor will wear off and they'll need to start looking for other solutions.

Judging from the stats, Novara's tactic was "let Haak play and make sure nobody else scores" and it turned out effective enough for them. Bosetti and De La Cruz together with 7 attack pts in 3 sets, and Adenizia had to receive 10 balls which probably means Novara tried to stop her from attacking with short serves.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaaVQFz_oDs

Samanta Fabris 31 points (Imoco vs Busto)

What makes this "31 points" even better is that coach didn't believe that She is ready to be starter because She can't train with them all the time and She is not 100% ready but He gave her a chance. This is her first match as starter this season. New setter, playing very fast sets wit her. Everyone who plays volleyball knows how hard this is.

I made this video if someone wants to watch it. This is my first video so it has a lot of mistake but I'm trying :thumbsup:

• MVP for sure Celeste Plak who scored 29 points with 68% in attack :white:
    Great match also by Sarah Pavan (29 points with 50%) and Ana Starcevic (17 points with 54%) who was simply unstoppable in the first 3 sets.
    Pomì needs to use more the MBs though, Rondon's game is too boring and predictable. They need Lo Bianco back and a better reception by Martinez in order to score also from the middle with Stevanovic and Guiggi.

• Well, I hope that the last two matches are a sign that Pomì is getting better: first a clear 3-0 vs a team against which they were supposed to win 3-0, then a very close 3-2 vs one of the two teams on top – obviously today Conegliano has a change to grab the top alone – that before yesterday had only lost one point.
    And Leo back on court for a brief moment!

• My God, Montano is so good today... :super:

It is not good to have Cella in the game. She just can't do anything. It is better to have Fabris out Nicoletti in to have Hill-Bricio duo in the game. It is not working with Cella-Hill at all.

It is much easier for Wolosz to make this team work.
    edit: Bravo Bricio, She is doing amazing today :super:

• My God, Montano is so good today... :super:

It is not good to have Cella in the game. She just can't do anything. It is better to have Fabris out Nicoletti in to have Hill-Bricio duo in the game. It is not working with Cella-Hill at all.

It is much easier for Wolosz to make this team work.
    edit: Bravo Bricio, She is doing amazing today :super:

I guess Bricio wasn't still very good (or trained little during the week) so they choose to start with Cella...

But also Fabris-Hill OH and Nicoletti Opp would have being interesting, imho (in the absence of Bricio, obviously)

• I guess Bricio wasn't still very good (or trained little during the week) so they choice to start with Cella...

But also Fabris-Hill OH and Nicoletti pop would have being interesting, imho (in the absence of Bricio, obviously)

I don't why they don't try without Robin. Imoco has 3 very good local MBs. I hope it will happend when Folie comes back... But with Cella they only can bring her when they want stable reception. Nicoletti is at 1 point and 5 errors...

• Is there any reason why Imoco couldn't start Hill/Bricio, Fabris and Woloz and then double sub Cella for Fabris when she rotates to the back line and then Robin for Danesi? This after Foli returns. It seems like it would be their strongest line up and would still get Robin in the match.

• 8th Round

Imoco Volley Conegliano - Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena 2-3
    Hill 25, De Kruijf 15, Bricio 13 / Montano 20, C.Bosetti 14, Barun 12

Igor Gorgonzola Novara - Pomì Casalmaggiore 3-2
    Plak 29 (68%), Egonu 20, Gibbemeyer 13 / Pavan 29 (50%), Martinez 22, Starcevic 17 (54%)

Il Bisonte Firenze - Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio 2-3
    Tapp 20 (7blocks), Sorokaite 17, Santana 15 / Bartsch 15, Gennari 13, Piani 12

Lardini Filottrano - Saugella Team Monza 1-3
    Scuka 13, Tomsia 10, Hutinski 8 / Begic 17, Ortolani 15, Dixon 12

MyCicero Volley Pesaro - Foppapedretti Bergamo 3-0
    Van Hecke 17, Olivotto 10, Aelbrecht 8 / Acosta 9, Popovic 8, Malagurski 7

Sab Volley Legnano - Savino Del Bene Scandicci 0-3
    Degradi 11, Drews 6, Newcombe 6 / Haak 18, Adenizia 13, L.Bosetti 9 (54%)

STANDINGS
    Igor Gorgonzola Novara 22
    Imoco Volley Conegliano 21

Savino Del Bene Scandicci 20
    Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio 18
    Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena 13
    MyCicero Volley Pesaro 13
    Saugella Team Monza 10
    Pomì Casalmaggiore 8
    Il Bisonte Firenze 7
    Sab Volley Legnano 7
    Lardini Filottrano 3
    Foppapedretti Bergamo 2

• BEST SPIKERS (after 8 matches)

1. Samantha Bricio 49.3 %
    2. Paola Egonu 48.3
    3. Brayelin Martinez 45.2
    4. Isabelle Haak 44.6
    5. Kimberly Hill 44.3
    6. Celeste Plak 42.8
    7. Samanta Fabris 41.6
    8. Edina Begic 41.3
    9. Sarah Pavan 41.1
    10. Katarina Barun 40.0
    11. Valentina Diouf 39.4
    12. Michelle Bartsch 38.7
    13. Francesca Piccinini 38.1
    14. Camilla Mingardi 37.8
    15. Bethania De La Cruz 37.7

• My God Isabelle Haak is playing amazing against Conegliano. They just can't stop her... :super:

To bad that one of 3 local Imoco MB are not playing in Scandicci instead of Arigghetti.

• Bricio is doing just fine with her reception. She is doing the same as Hill