Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• then Turkey waits for her :D :drink:

That is for sure, same with Isabelle Haak. If they are smarter enough to transfer her. Only if Imoco can keep her because Imoco has a lot of money. They transfer so many top players this season + their local players are not cheap at all.

• Scandicci is playing good until Bricio came on serve. She is destroying them with her amazing serve. They would won 3:0 if Bricio is not serving so good...

Logan Tom = Samantha Bricio (serve)

• Scandicci is playing good until Bricio came on serve. She is destroying them with her amazing serve. They would won 3:0 if Bricio is not serving so good...

Logan Tom = Samantha Bricio (serve)

i watched some serves from Brico and i dont like every jump serve but i liked Bricio's serves..

Logan,Neslihan,Flier,Santos,Yimei,Sokolova,Godina are/were good jump servers

• Bricio and Hill are a great combination at OH. If Imoco could pull in someone like Haak to replace Fabris I think they could win the triple crown, League, CL, and CWC. Robin, Foli, and Denasi are solid as middles. I wonder what part of Turkey's continuing political turmoil versus the 3 foreigner rule affected Hill's leaving. She seems much happier playing full time although the Italian ball does not move as much so her float serve is less effective.

• So, Scandicci lost another big match, Novara lost his first match of the season (congrats Monza!), Pomì didn't grab the chance to put some distance from Legnano, Bergamo won his first 3-points game... an interesting week end :)

Congrats to Busto as well :heart:

• There are clearly two groups for now in RS: the first four are leading, with Busto surprising a bit (at the beginning I would have put Modena up there). Modena is having hard times in finding stability in their game and for now Montano as OH isn't working that much. Monza is a bit lower of their potential but they can improve, Pesaro is concrete and solid, while the biggest disappointment to me is Pomì!

• And Fener will have big problems on reception, everything is open.

• Bricio and Hill are a great combination at OH. If Imoco could pull in someone like Haak to replace Fabris I think they could win the triple crown, League, CL, and CWC. Robin, Foli, and Denasi are solid as middles. I wonder what part of Turkey's continuing political turmoil versus the 3 foreigner rule affected Hill's leaving. She seems much happier playing full time although the Italian ball does not move as much so her float serve is less effective.

I definitely agree.

• Poor girl: she's too young to hear every single day of her journey in Turkey she's too weak for the league. :aww:

Exactly, but since apparently watching Italian league and thinking who to scout is a common habit for some club managers, I guess some of the youngsters will get an attractive offer after the season. I completely dislike how the foreign players get treated in Turkish league so I don't want our young girl to go there and get criticized every time she plays bad. I have a strong feeling some brainless ones may put her on the same line with Boskovic who's an Olympic silver medalist just for being an OPP.
    She's still a teenager and has a lot to learn, she barely started her pro career, that being said she's not a complete player yet but the longer she stays with such a coach like Pedullà the more she develops. So, let her have Turkey only for a thanksgiving day next year :heart:

• What's wrong with Sylla? She spent the whole 20 seconds on court even though Marcon kept dumping the ball straight into the block over and over again and REALLY needed to be taken out at some point.

Malinov's connection with Popović (apart from one hilariously mistimed set) was fabulous. I really hope Mina is finally injury-free because Bergamo is going to need every single player they can have if they want to stay out of relegation zone. But sadly, I don't see the team surviving into the next season regardless.

• I think Sylla still hasn't fully recovered from some injury/illness (?), so she's not able to play longer times yet. And however bad Marcon attacks, she is vital for Bergamo's reception and defense.

As for your last sentence...I can't/don't want to imagine Italian volleyball without Bergamo ;( Even though their times as top team are long gone, they're still....well...FOPPA :S

• Imoco and Novara gone play two matches in very short time. First they are goning to play Seria A and after that first match in CL. Can't wait :D

• Exactly, but since apparently watching Italian league and thinking who to scout is a common habit for some club managers, I guess some of the youngsters will get an attractive offer after the season. I completely dislike how the foreign players get treated in Turkish league so I don't want our young girl to go there and get criticized every time she plays bad. I have a strong feeling some brainless ones may put her on the same line with Boskovic who's an Olympic silver medalist just for being an OPP.
    She's still a teenager and has a lot to learn, she barely started her pro career, that being said she's not a complete player yet but the longer she stays with such a coach like Pedullà the more she develops. So, let her have Turkey only for a thanksgiving day next year :heart:

Lol I don't get where you guys even base this on, personally I would like to see Haak in Turkey but not yet as she is too young and the pressure might be a little too high atm. But I don't get why you guys think she would be treated badly in Turkey o.O Like it seems a bit stupid to me because all you guys base this on is comments of people from this forum. It is not like Haak would be working with us lol

Also I haven't even seen much unfair comments this season to any players even in the forum. Criticizing and watching, observing game is what we do in this forum and I see it happen in this part of the forum as well. It is become a stereotype at this point and everytime we criticize a player it is attacking while nobody calls it that when ppl do it here. Only player that has been criticized badly is Kosheleva this season I cant say this is unfair.

'Poor girl she is too young to hear everyday she is too weak'
    I am just here wondering who would tell her that... :-|

Anyway atm she is here in the Italian league and I haven't been watching much Italian league this season except for Scandicci and Haak is a wonderful Opp even at this age and I love her positive vibes on court as well. I can't wait to see what she can do as their main scorer this season.

• i agree with Altinli
    i dont think the club managements,stuff etc. in VVSL criticize the foreigner players harshly after every bad performance of them.it is just the users here(me included at times) :lol:
    btw..i also think Haak is yet to prove herself to move to one of the top teams in VVSL
    sorry for being off-topic in this thread :win:

• I think Sylla still hasn't fully recovered from some injury/illness (?), so she's not able to play longer times yet. And however bad Marcon attacks, she is vital for Bergamo's reception and defense.

As for your last sentence...I can't/don't want to imagine Italian volleyball without Bergamo ;( Even though their times as top team are long gone, they're still....well...FOPPA :S

Foppapedretti Bergamo is wasted for sure: playing the last season, in which their name sponsor will support them, they are trailing the league and ready to go down to A2 even for this other reason. Of course they are one of the most famous and successfull teams of the last two decades, not only in Italy (CL), but in Italy there is little continuity regarding sponsoring, so after a few years the top teams are others as before.