Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Last season Modena was very inconsistent in the regular season and had some really bad games. But with that said, they played their best when it mattered the most, Super Cup, CL and Playoffs. While some teams like Scandicci played really well in the regular season but failed when it really mattered.

I feel like they are doing the same thing this season, very irregular but they could end up playing their best when they need to. They don`t have Brokocevic but they have Barun. Instead of firing the coach they should look for a more consistent OH than Montano.

• i agree with Altinli
    i dont think the club managements,stuff etc. in VVSL criticize the foreigner players harshly after every bad performance of them.it is just the users here(me included at times) :lol:
    btw..i also think Haak is yet to prove herself to move to one of the top teams in VVSL
    sorry for being off-topic in this thread :win:

Then you should think twice before commenting things like "She's good enough? Oh well then Turkey welcomes her"
    It's not even the middle stage of the season and things in sports change dramatically quick, just be patient.

• That "attack" of Berti could actually turn into a new trick for players :lol:

I`m not joking, but I think that totally could be turn into a "skill play" and could be used more often, especially for Asian MBs, this could be a great way for them trying to avoid the block.

• What a weird choice to start tie-break with Starcevic who didn't play a single rally before in the match. Martinez surely hasn't been great today but Starcevic isn't a game changer...and she didn't last very long eventually.

• Is time for Pomi to look for a 3rd coach... Against Novara they were winning but he decided to take Martinez out for no reason and of course they lost with Starcevic in...he did the same thing today.....They should got ride of Starcevic and not Chunlei.

• Then you should think twice before commenting things like "She's good enough? Oh well then Turkey welcomes her"
    It's not even the middle stage of the season and things in sports change dramatically quick, just be patient.

to be honest, my comments depended mainly on the users' comments/opinions about her.i havent watched her much. i realized late that she was 18-yo..she is pretty young ..she must be really talented to have those numbers in a good league such as italy at this young age..yet not ready for the top teams in turkey..maybe 2 years later..however,signing a young player early could bring some financial advantages to a club ;)

• Match between Novara and Imoco will start for 15 min, stream on Rai 1 sport. This will be very good match. Hope so...

Little preview before CL match 13.12.

• Is there any info about Folie ? When She will come back ?

• What a weak match, Robin is underperforming same as Bricio, Plak, Skorupa. Skorupa is not using MBs good at all. Gibbemayer with Llody was scoring machine but now Skorupa is not using her or her sets are bad.

But Kim Hill is just playing amazing already at 18 points.

Piccinni is just Piccinni. Enright is not on her level to replace her... And Skorupa started to use much more Egonu and She is attacking like crazy, Picci is covering reception and doing very good in attack and Novara now looks much stronger.
    edit: WOOW EGONU, JUST WOW. :super:

• Imoco won against Novara 3:2.
    Samanta was starter in 5th set and scored 11 points overall, and She was not starter. Nicoletti 10 points as stater, and Robin scored only 7 points and He still didn't want to try with Bricio-Hill-Fabris.

MVP:Kim Hill 26 points... :super:

Samanta was starter in 5th set and scored 11 points overall, and She was not starter. Nicoletti 10 points as stater, and Robin scored only 7 points and He still didn't want to try with Bricio-Hill-Fabris.

And in the table Conegliano is now before Novara (same match number). If Novara had won the tie-break, they would be still on top.

Well actually for several parts of the match they did play with that line-up and Melandri instead of De Kruijf. The problem is that in that case the opponent's block can totally ignore the middle because Melandri presents no danger, so life becomes harder for the wing hitters. Even if De Kruijf didn't play too well today, her presence makes it easier for the wing hitters.

• Well actually for several parts of the match they did play with that line-up and Melandri instead of De Kruijf. The problem is that in that case the opponent's block can totally ignore the middle because Melandri presents no danger, so life becomes harder for the wing hitters. Even if De Kruijf didn't play too well today, her presence makes it easier for the wing hitters.

I agree.. that line-up would be much better when Folie comes back

• Robin is world class player but today it was not her day. At all.
    Again Imoco vs Novara WEN. but now with Wolosz-Bricio-Fabris-Hill-Robin as starter for the first time and they playing at home. It is super important game. Folie will come back or ?