Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• 21 blocks by Savino. This is impressive. 8 by Adenizia.
    Savino needs to use their middle attackers more often...

• Well actually no.. Carlini is doing nothing special, her game is predictable.. I think she should have been replaced earlier today.. since she was subbed Scandicci is playing much better

What more Carlini could do with a team made of 2 scorers? Bosetti, Arrighetti and de la Cruz are simply inconsistent. When Adenizia has the back row rotations, Scandicci goes in trouble.

• What more Carlini could do with a team made of 2 scorers? Bosetti, Arrighetti and de la Cruz are simply inconsistent. When Adenizia has the back row rotations, Scandicci goes in trouble.

Please, she is very avarage. First her distribution and second precision... very bad. Don't know what you see in her... And then you talking shit all the time about Skorupa and Wołosz for example.

• Carlini's sets to the middle are awful. I feel ashamed every time.

• I think Carlini is very talented and has a very good personality on court. But I agree that Wolosz is dominating Serie A1 at the moment, she has improved a lot in the last few years and she's really pleasant to watch. I didn't expect her to become such a shining setter. I also like Skorupa a lot, but I think she doesn't really fit in a team like Novara which has to play high balls for Egonu and Plak.
    Anyway both Polish setters are amazing, and Carlini will become as well soon.

• Wonderful Busto from 22-24 to 26-24!!

I spoke too early :lol: How could Busto lost this match!! :white: (considering they were 24-21, obviously; losing vs Scandicci is comprehensible for them). And third spot goes away...

21 blocks by Savino. This is impressive. 8 by Adenizia.

Outstanding!!! I think also 4 by Bosetti.
    And 4 by Busto in 5 sets...

About Bosetti, she isn't helping a lot in attack but imho she put really a lot of very useful things on court... Blocks and she was one of the few from Scandicci to actually help in defense for a long while... (today her serve did't impressed me, btw).
    But why did Busto kept serving on her??

I think Carlini is very talented and has a very good personality on court. But I agree that Wolosz is dominating Serie A1 at the moment, she has improved a lot in the last few years and she's really pleasant to watch. I didn't expect her to become such a shining setter. I also like Skorupa a lot, but I think she doesn't really fit in a team like Novara which has to play high balls for Egonu and Plak.

I agree!
    Plus Skorupa sometimes has her days off..

• 11th round

Imoco Volley Conegliano - MyCicero Volley Pesaro 3-0
    Bricio 17, Fabris 15, Hill 10 / Van Hecke 13, Olivotto 8, Nizetich 6

Foppapedretti Bergamo - Saugella Team Monza 1-3
    Malagurski 20, Acosta 14, Popovic 9 / Begic 20, Dixon 14, Candi 12

Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena - Pomì Casalmaggiore 3-1
    Barun 22, Heyrman 18, C.Bosetti 15 / Pavan 19, Stevanovic 12, Martinez 12

Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio - Savino Del Bene Scandicci 2-3
    Diouf 25, Gennari 15, Bartsch 14 / Haak 31, De La Cruz 15, L.Bosetti 15

Il Bisonte Firenze - Lardini Filottrano 3-0
    Tirozzi 17, Sorokaite 11, Santana 9 / Mitchem 16 (71%), Melli 8, Hutinski 5

Sab Legnano - Igor Gorgonzola Novara 0-3
    Mingardi 18, Pencova 9, Degradi 8 / Plak 18, Egonu 17 (58%), Chirichella 9

STANDINGS
    1. Imoco Volley Conegliano 29
    2. Igor Gorgonzola Novara 27
    3. Savino Del Bene Scandicci 24
    3. Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio 24
    5. Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena 18
    6. Saugella Team Monza 16
    7. MyCicero Volley Pesaro 15
    8. Il Bisonte Firenze 14
    9. Sab Volley Legnano 11
    10. Pomì Casalmaggiore 10
    11. Foppapedretti Bergamo 6
    12. Lardini Filottrano 4

• Coppa Italia (20.-21.12) first round.

Bizonte Firenza - Imoco Conegliano
    Modena - Busto
    Pesaro - Novara
    Monza- Scandicci

• Individual Stats after 1st half Regular Season

TOP SCORERS
    1. Haak 256
    2. Egonu 225
    3. Sorokaite 213
    4. Barun 206
    5. Hill 198
    6. Ortolani 196
    7. Bartsch 194
    8. Pavan 189
    9. Mingardi 181
    10. Van Hecke 177
    11. Plak 167
    12. Diouf 164
    13. Tirozzi 162
    14. Gennari 152
    15. Begic 146

SPIKERS (only OH/OPP with at least 100 attacks)
    1. Egonu 48.6 %
    2. Bricio 46.2
    3. Plak 44.4
    4. Haak 43.3
    5. Hill 43.1
    6. Fabris 41.3
    7. Begic 40.1
    8. Barun 39.7
    9. Pavan 39.5
    10. Piccinini 39.3
    11. Martinez 38.6
    12. Diouf 38.3
    13. Mingardi 37.3
    14. Sorokaite 37.3
    15. Nicoletti 36.8
    16. De La Cruz 36.7
    17. Enright 36.4
    18. Bartsch 36.3
    19. Ortolani 35.9
    20. C.Bosetti 35.3
    21. Tirozzi 34.8
    22. Bokan 33.8
    23. Mitchem 33.7
    23. Starcevic 33.7
    25. Montano 33.2
    26. Nizetich 33.0
    26. Santana 33.0
    26. Havelkova 33.0
    29. Acosta 32.7
    30. Gennari 32.6
    31. Van Hecke 32.3.
    32. Drews 31.9
    33. Degradi 31.8
    34. Newcombe 31.5
    35. L.Bosetti 31.2
    36. Tomsia 30.5
    37. Guerra 30.1
    38. Scuka 29.8
    39. Malagurski 29.5
    40. Loda 28.5
    41. Marcon 27.8
    42. Negrini 21.2

BEST BLOCKERS
    1. Adenizia 48
    2. Pencova 35
    3. Berti 34
    4. Hutinski 30
    5. Olivotto 28
    6. Heyrman 27
    7. Aelbrecht 26
    7. Dixon 26
    7. Tapp 26
    10. Stevanovic 25
    11. L.Bosetti 24
    12. C.Bosetti 22
    12. Gibbemeyer 22
    12. Guiggi 22
    15. De Kruijf 21

• Someone posted on VolleyTalk that Pomi`s president has suspended playing his players until they turn the season around, does anyone knows anything about this??

Well their problem is simple, they have played with 3 different setters and none of them can fix the problem, and the problem is that Guerra/Martinez/Starcevic are not good receivers, they would need a more reliable OH, but there`s none out there at this moment, or they could hire Castillo and she plays as OH (2nd libero), Bergamo did this last season with Suelen cuz Sylla was not reliable. And Pavan is doing OK< but not great, she`s showing beach/indoor are 2 different things, and I`m not sure if works playing both at the same time.

edit: "I apologize with the sponsors and the fans - says the president VBC Pomì Massimo Boselli Botturi - for yet another unseemly show that this team has offered. The results of this first round are clear and reveal an attitude that does not reflect the history of this company, the significant investments of members and sponsors, the passion and the warmth of our fans. Today we have witnessed the worst match of this first leg, unfortunately full of bland performance without biting and without character. I think it's time to make drastic decisions starting from the one communicated to the captain to block the salaries until the performances in the field will not be respectful of the economic commitment sustained to set up this team. The two days of rest and tomorrow have been suspended (Monday, ed

http://www.volleyballcasalmagg…i-contro-una-brutta-pomi/

• I think it's time to make drastic decisions starting from the one communicated to the captain to block the salaries until the performances in the field will not be respectful of the economic commitment sustained to set up this team.

I'm not sure if it will help the team. 2 years ago, in polish league, BKS Bielsko stopped paying the players (team was at the bottom of the league) and next week they beat 3-0 both Chemik (which was in the lead) and Sopot (2nd place team) :D

• Personally I find this very disrespectful and even belittling behaviour towards the players affected. It is not just their fault that the team is not working, Pomi doesn't have the right pack of players atm anyway, they can blame whoever they want tbh but fact is they made many bad transfers and are having a bad overall team as a result to that.

• does anyone knows anything about this??

I was about to answer that the president himself declared that but then I kept reading :P

I honestly don't think that Pomì's players don't care about performing well and winning (despite not being able to do so, at the moment), so I've an hard time understanding how money (or better, not-money) can solve their problems.

I agree with rdfabio, the OHs plus Pavan aren't showing great things so far for what I've seen/read, but Pavan comes from another discipline and the OHs to be honest aren't world class players and aren't balanced very well. And I can get betting on Pavan, but the OHs problem – despite being a long bench – could have probably been predicted or suspected. I mean, the top teams have Hill, (Easy), Bricio, Piccinini, Plak, Enright, De la Cruz, Bosetti...

Plus there was a mess between injuries (Leo), forced absences (Martinez), Abbonandanza being fired, a player that now is playing in China...

So, I wouldn't blame the players.
    I can understand asking them to work more (I don't say 'harder' because I wanna think they are already training as hard as they can), cancel rest days if they lose, do 'retirement' period may be. But money... The only thing I can think that could be useful about not paying them is that this can (?) give them a burst of proudness/frustration

• That's an absolute outrage! These players are contracted, surely Pomi has no right to suspend their salaries. It was obvious to me when I saw the rosters that this Pomi team would not be among the top teams in the league, if the president didn't realise that then it is his fault, not the players who are doing their best I'm sure.

• Does somebody have stream for today match between Conegliano - Bisonte Firenza ???
    Even 1xbet is not showing any links :S

• I can understand why they are mad at Pomi players because they are not "cheap" players. So They are probably disappointed at player but still this is not the way...

• So, Monza won straight 3-0 vs Scandicci!

The other Italian Cup quarterfinals went as planned: 3-0 for Novara and Conegliano.

This evening Busto-Modena, I can't watch most of it but I'm very curious to know how it will end. Go Busto! :heart: