You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Kk15

Sage

• "Kk15" is female

Favourite Team: Italian NTs – Trento

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 12:36am

Modena won 3-2... But I hadn't realized the quarterfinal were of two matches!!

I don't remember if it's number of sets (if you win 3-0 and lose 3-1, you pass without golden set) or number of points (3-0 and 3-1 are the same).
I think the first (or at least, I remember last year was the first...)

Friday, December 22nd 2017, 2:42am

So, Monza won straight 3-0 vs Scandicci!

Mostly thanks to Devetag 11 blocks.

Favourite Team: Foppapedretti Bergamo Marmi Lanza Verona

Favourite Players: Lo Bianco Piccinini Cardullo Ortolani

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 11:09am

@KK15: it is the first option you said, basically now Monza, Novara and Conegliano only need one set to qualify for the semis, while the only uncertain quarter is Busto-Modena!

I didn't expect Scandicci to lose so clear against Monza.. they started well but now they are going down in their performances. Anyway I trust Parisi and I think they will come up again!

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Scandicci, Pomi NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Joanne Wolosz, Monica De Gennaro, Raphaela Folie, Ema Strunjak, Nikolina Bozicevic

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 12:17pm

They lost because Monza stoped Haak. And when Haak is not playing good like in last match they don't know how to fight as team.

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 2:09pm

They lost because Monza stoped Haak. And when Haak is not playing good like in last match they don't know how to fight as team.

I agree, Haak is their main weapon but it looks like they don't have a plan B if she is not working. Also, Carlini is underperforming in the last matches... I don't blame her of course! I don't know if they will manage to turn things around after Monza's defeat, but I think they have the potential.

Emil

Sage

• "Emil" is male

Favourite Players: Haak, Lloyd, Lippmann, Orthmann, Robinson, Folie, Daalderop, Dürr, Stevanovic, Hanke, Heyrman, Herbots, Bongaerts

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 2:40pm

Perhaps it's only me, I had a feeling that Carlini was sorta pressured during the whole match against Monza, especially with Haak obviously is the biggest weapon struggling. But also Monza played a very solid game and their team works worked out better.

Looking at comments about Wolosz, I agree that she's playing superb these days, I didn't like her at all when playing for Police (though back then in Busto she was solid) in the last two years, rather found her as extraordinarily boring as Zivkovic, but for now she's a pleasure to watch.

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 3:43pm

I think Carlini started great, she had a good connection with her players and nobody knew her or Haak. Now teams had worked more together, they know how to stop Haak and put Scandicci in struggle. It is just another proof for Carlini: she has to step up her game and try to make her team effective again.

StefanS

Professional

• "StefanS" is male

About me: Team Europa member of Allianz MTV Stuttgart

Favourite Team: Allianz MTV Stuttgart, UYBA Busto Arsizio

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 5:34pm

Some reinforcements are now published:

Symone Abott (21 years), US college player, joins Modena.

Simone Lee (also 21 years and US college player) joins Imoco Conegliano as replacement for the injured Megan Easy (Hodge).

Maxwell

Intermediate

Favourite Team: USANT

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 6:49pm

Is it me or is the quality of the video on LVF just bad. I don't know if it's being played on a little bit of a faster video speed or the camera person just moves it around so much. It's really hard to enjoy watching it

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 8:31pm

Allstar game starting now on Rai. Once again it will only be best of 3 sets and probably several show elements in between like last year.

I remember in the past the Allstar game was a big thing for everyone involved and players were eager to be selected, and now it's this :roll:

Sidney

Master

Favourite Team: Brazil NT, USA NT, Ned NT, Rexona, Minas, Fenerbahce, Pomi, Bergamo

Favourite Players: Mihajlovic, Natália, Stevanovic, Piccinini, Ferretti, Larson, Gozde, Fabi, Lloyd.

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 8:40pm

I don't know about now but I remember that more or less 10 years ago most clubs didn't allow their main players to participate. It wasn't that good...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 9:12pm

Haak definitely means business even though it's just a show match :box:

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 9:39pm

I was able to watch italian league matches last year
But i cant this season. No rai sport
meso mi ra se beno...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 9:44pm

You can watch Rai here: http://webtvhd.com/raisport+hd-live.php

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 9:54pm

Thanks
meso mi ra se beno...

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Saturday, December 23rd 2017, 10:07pm

Really not my sense of humour :down:
There are many of the league's best players and they could entertain the crowd with a nice match, but what they choose to do is playing nonsense like Leonardi as OH, Hill as setter, Ortolani as MB, De Kruijf as OPP :aww:

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Sunday, December 24th 2017, 4:38pm

There are many of the league's best players and they could entertain the crowd with a nice match, but what they choose to do is playing nonsense like Leonardi as OH, Hill as setter, Ortolani as MB, De Kruijf as OPP :aww:

Yeah, I tuned out when they started clowning around like that. It's a shame because the first set was played at a decent level (except for Carlini's laughable attempts to set to her MBs - kinda understandable in a situation like this, but still), they should have just kept it like that without all the circus stuff that followed.

Matthias

Setter & Coach

• "Matthias" is male

Sunday, December 24th 2017, 4:42pm

Yeah, I tuned out when they started clowning around like that. It's a shame because the first set was played at a decent level (except for Carlini's laughable attempts to set to her MBs - kinda understandable in a situation like this, but still), they should have just kept it like that without all the circus stuff that followed.
I also considered to quit but the end of the tie-break then was quite good again, Carlini returned instead of Hill and did better than in 1st set, and what was quite funny was Cambi entering as receiver in backrow and delivering a series of perfect passes :D
Haak did a splendid job throughout the match but unfortunately finished it with two errors.

• "serdar" is male

Favourite Team: Cuban NT, Turkish NT, VAKIFBANK

Favourite Players: A. Orro/O. Malinov/H. Miyashita/X. Gong/T. Boskoviç/M. Vargas/P. Egonu/I. Haak/H. Klimets/Z. Ting/C. Zhang/Gabi/B. Busa/M. Sylla/C. Bosetti/I. Voronkova/K. Ilchenko/D. Santana/J. Geerties/C. Plak/M. Mlejnkova/A. Leyva/L. Scuka/C. van Gestel/B. Herbotts/N. Daalderop/C. Chirichella/I. Fetisova/K. Akman/M. Popoviç/A. Danesi/S. Bonifacio/Y. Xinyue/Z. Todorova/A. De Tant

Tuesday, December 26th 2017, 12:08am

Well actually no.. Carlini is doing nothing special, her game is predictable.. I think she should have been replaced earlier today.. since she was subbed Scandicci is playing much better

What more Carlini could do with a team made of 2 scorers? Bosetti, Arrighetti and de la Cruz are simply inconsistent. When Adenizia has the back row rotations, Scandicci goes in trouble.

ANother example of SHame kissing AMerican Players A&(&^%%

The girl simply is not having a good game, she`s sucking big time. But he still wants to say she`s great and that`s not her fault, but it is everyone else`s fault...

And again, it is OK for him to praise the American Girl and trash the others...but we should be prohibited to praise Zhu when she having a fantastic game???

:rolll: :gone:

Is this the way you leave SHAME alone? :roll:

I love the way that you are being so rude and provocative but still claim to be the victim :aww:

• "crovolley" is male

Favourite Team: Imoco Conegliano, Scandicci, Pomi NT Croatia

Favourite Players: Samanta Fabris, Joanne Wolosz, Monica De Gennaro, Raphaela Folie, Ema Strunjak, Nikolina Bozicevic

Tuesday, December 26th 2017, 5:11pm

So sorry to see Stevanovic in team like Pomi this season. She is world class MB and seeing her in team with so bad reception is just :S

Social bookmarks