Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Modena won 3-2... But I hadn't realized the quarterfinal were of two matches!!

I don't remember if it's number of sets (if you win 3-0 and lose 3-1, you pass without golden set) or number of points (3-0 and 3-1 are the same).
    I think the first (or at least, I remember last year was the first...)

• Kk15: it is the first option you said, basically now Monza, Novara and Conegliano only need one set to qualify for the semis, while the only uncertain quarter is Busto-Modena!

I didn't expect Scandicci to lose so clear against Monza.. they started well but now they are going down in their performances. Anyway I trust Parisi and I think they will come up again!

• They lost because Monza stoped Haak. And when Haak is not playing good like in last match they don't know how to fight as team.

• They lost because Monza stoped Haak. And when Haak is not playing good like in last match they don't know how to fight as team.

I agree, Haak is their main weapon but it looks like they don't have a plan B if she is not working. Also, Carlini is underperforming in the last matches... I don't blame her of course! I don't know if they will manage to turn things around after Monza's defeat, but I think they have the potential.

• Perhaps it's only me, I had a feeling that Carlini was sorta pressured during the whole match against Monza, especially with Haak obviously is the biggest weapon struggling. But also Monza played a very solid game and their team works worked out better.

Looking at comments about Wolosz, I agree that she's playing superb these days, I didn't like her at all when playing for Police (though back then in Busto she was solid) in the last two years, rather found her as extraordinarily boring as Zivkovic, but for now she's a pleasure to watch.

• I think Carlini started great, she had a good connection with her players and nobody knew her or Haak. Now teams had worked more together, they know how to stop Haak and put Scandicci in struggle. It is just another proof for Carlini: she has to step up her game and try to make her team effective again.

• Some reinforcements are now published:

Symone Abott (21 years), US college player, joins Modena.

Simone Lee (also 21 years and US college player) joins Imoco Conegliano as replacement for the injured Megan Easy (Hodge).

• Is it me or is the quality of the video on LVF just bad. I don't know if it's being played on a little bit of a faster video speed or the camera person just moves it around so much. It's really hard to enjoy watching it

• Allstar game starting now on Rai. Once again it will only be best of 3 sets and probably several show elements in between like last year.

I remember in the past the Allstar game was a big thing for everyone involved and players were eager to be selected, and now it's this :roll:

• I don't know about now but I remember that more or less 10 years ago most clubs didn't allow their main players to participate. It wasn't that good...

• Really not my sense of humour :down:
    There are many of the league's best players and they could entertain the crowd with a nice match, but what they choose to do is playing nonsense like Leonardi as OH, Hill as setter, Ortolani as MB, De Kruijf as OPP :aww:

• Really not my sense of humour :down:
    There are many of the league's best players and they could entertain the crowd with a nice match, but what they choose to do is playing nonsense like Leonardi as OH, Hill as setter, Ortolani as MB, De Kruijf as OPP :aww:

Yeah, I tuned out when they started clowning around like that. It's a shame because the first set was played at a decent level (except for Carlini's laughable attempts to set to her MBs - kinda understandable in a situation like this, but still), they should have just kept it like that without all the circus stuff that followed.

• Yeah, I tuned out when they started clowning around like that. It's a shame because the first set was played at a decent level (except for Carlini's laughable attempts to set to her MBs - kinda understandable in a situation like this, but still), they should have just kept it like that without all the circus stuff that followed.

I also considered to quit but the end of the tie-break then was quite good again, Carlini returned instead of Hill and did better than in 1st set, and what was quite funny was Cambi entering as receiver in backrow and delivering a series of perfect passes :D
    Haak did a splendid job throughout the match but unfortunately finished it with two errors.

• Is this the way you leave SHAME alone? :roll:

I love the way that you are being so rude and provocative but still claim to be the victim :aww:

• So sorry to see Stevanovic in team like Pomi this season. She is world class MB and seeing her in team with so bad reception is just :S