Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• So also Mingardi is going to LiuJo Modena to play as OH.
    http://www.parlandodisport.it/…-arrivo-mingardi-legnano/
    As the article says, the OH position in Modena is now overcrowded with the new arrivals of Pietersen, Mingardi and Abbott. The club has tried to get rid of Montano but nobody wanted to buy her so she is staying. Caterina Bosetti is staying too, with Vesovic and Pistolesi they have in total 7 OH at the moment :white:

• I'm so sorry for Legnano's girls. The club is so poor and hopeless. All the good players are going one by one, and the ones remaining won't work in a comfortable and nice environment. They dared too much with going in A1 without the money and the experience necessary.

• What's the deal with Pavan? I haven't heard anything about her being a bad teammate

Some years ago when she was playing in Conegliano there was a "nice" story: Pavan wrote a blog for family and friends where she reported her adventures in Italy. She wrote very nasty stuff about some teammates, for example calling her setter "Valentina Scissorhands" (or later simply "Edward") and also saying something about the coach that he has no brain or something in that direction. Bad luck for her was that the blog was public and one day the club found out. As far as I remember she had to apologize for what she did in a rather tearful press conference...but it's too long ago to remember all the details.

• Some years ago when she was playing in Conegliano there was a "nice" story: Pavan wrote a blog for family and friends where she reported her adventures in Italy. She wrote very nasty stuff about some teammates, for example calling her setter "Valentina Scissorhands" (or later simply "Edward") and also saying something about the coach that he has no brain or something in that direction. Bad luck for her was that the blog was public and one day the club found out. As far as I remember she had to apologize for what she did in a rather tearful press conference...but it's too long ago to remember all the details.

Now I remembered about Valentina.. thanks :)

• Some years ago when she was playing in Conegliano there was a "nice" story: Pavan wrote a blog for family and friends where she reported her adventures in Italy. She wrote very nasty stuff about some teammates, for example calling her setter "Valentina Scissorhands" (or later simply "Edward") and also saying something about the coach that he has no brain or something in that direction. Bad luck for her was that the blog was public and one day the club found out. As far as I remember she had to apologize for what she did in a rather tearful press conference...but it's too long ago to remember all the details.

Actually she wrote Martinez was bipolar. And you forgot she called Carla Rossetto 'Gloomy Cloud'. :rolll:
    The poor Valentina Serena has been called Edward for years by many people after the affair... :lol:

And the whole story wasn't descovered by her club, but by the forum Volleyrosa.net (where I used to write before joining this forum and where there were many people from clubs and volleyball players reading). The club found out from there.

• I can add something here. When Pavan played for Nebraska in the college league, NCAA, she was in deep water for some personal conflicts too. Following was written in the newspaper Daily Nebraskan in 2008: "Pavan told the magazine that conflict existed within the Husker volleyball team, that she felt enormous pressure under the Nebraska volleyball spotlight and that jealousy (other girls being jealous of her) and confusion about her identity strained relationships with teammates and coaches". And then "as a result of the story, Coach John Cook told Pavan she could no longer participate in post-season practices" followed by "after the Redwire story's publication, Cook told Pavan she could resume practicing with the team if she complied with several stipulations, including an apology. She declined to comply. " http://www.dailynebraskan.com/…32-b50d-aaf29eab0350.html

• It's weird reading all this, I had no idea lol I think she was pretty well liked during the two years she played in Brazil, but I might be wrong.

• Yeah well, I think she did learn something from all this. A while ago there was something on Volleywood about her, that at one point she started to think "what will my teammates remember about me in 10 years?" and the answers she had to give herself weren't too nice, so she decided to be different.
    After all we don't know if there was trouble around her in Pomi, but let's say I wouldn't be too surprised if there was.

• Volleyrosa ;(

Good old times!

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• Simone Lee(US, OH) is officialy in Imoco Conegliano.

Folie is back with team too but it is still unkown when She will start to play.

• Imoco has a lot of "problems" right now because a lot of players are sick and they need to play 3 matches in 1 week and after that they need to travel to Turkey to play against Fenerbahce...

Same with Novara, but they are lucky because they will play against Agel P.

• Modena is such a mess. WIth all their OHs, they're still starting with Montano, and she looks like she's mentally already retired. Although, not that Pietersen did much/any better, but at least she has the excuse of just having arrived. Bosetti sucked too.
    Barun is trying really hard, but she looks past it physcially, which is more than understandable at her age.

On the other side, a shout-out to the young 19-year old MB Alexandra Botezat! Her blocking skills are exceptional and she has a mean serve. Her spiking looks a but clumsy, but it can be corrected with some experience and fine tuning. Italy seems to be getting another good MB.

• Modena is such a mess. WIth all their OHs, they're still starting with Montano, and she looks like she's mentally already retired. Although, not that Pietersen did much/any better, but at least she has the excuse of just having arrived. Bosetti sucked too.
    Barun is trying really hard, but she looks past it physcially, which is more than understandable at her age.

On the other side, a shout-out to the young 19-year old MB Alexandra Botezat! Her blocking skills are exceptional and she has a mean serve. Her spiking looks a but clumsy, but it can be corrected with some experience and fine tuning. Italy seems to be getting another good MB.

I was thinking exactly the same. The experiment of Montano as OH didn't work so far. I would try the new american girl and see if she can be consistent. I have no hope for Bosetti.

• I would try Abbott and Mingardi as OHs.
    From what I heard Abbott should be a good receiver while Mingardi is a so-so passer but very powerful spiker, and she knows the only way to be part of Italian NT is to become an OH. This is the reason why she chose Modena and not Pomì, cauze Pomì wanted her as OPP.
    Mazzanti will probably try the couple Mingardi (Pietrini) - Gennari in NT this summer instead of Bosetti sisters and messy Sylla.

• About Abbott, she comes from a small university and she was a score machine. I always have some worries when it comes to passing because NCAA uses Molten balls, not those sucking Mikasa.

BTW I don't follow Northwestern (knowing well over 200 university programs it's impossible), but she could be good. BTW Simone Lee is my player to watch among the new graduated.

• About Abbott, she comes from a small university and she was a score machine. I always have some worries when it comes to passing because NCAA uses Molten balls, not those sucking Mikasa

Italian Championship uses Molten as well... And Modena doesn't play in Europe, right?

she knows the only way to be part of Italian NT is to become an OH.

I haven't thought of this.
    I really hope Gennari will be back this summer, anyway: she seems the most complete to me at the moment.
    Anyway, to have a strong spiker, is it better to try Mignardi as OH that, for example, Sorokaite? Well, I guess we will see how Camilla can cope as OH...

• I haven't thought of this.
    I really hope Gennari will be back this summer, anyway: she seems the most complete to me at the moment.
    Anyway, to have a strong spiker, is it better to try Mignardi as OH that, for example, Sorokaite? Well, I guess we will see how Camilla can cope as OH...

Exactly, we will see how Mingardi performs as OH. Mazzanti will be watching her carefully too.
    In case it doesn't work, we have Pietrini as offensive OH. Even if she is very young, she is the best prospect of Italy.
    Sorokaite has been playing only as OPP in her clubs during the last years so it's not a good idea to change her position in NT.

I hope to see no more Loda and Tirozzi in Italian NT. Let's go with Gennari, Mingardi, Pietrini, L.Bosetti, C.Bosetti and Sylla. And I would also add Bianchini, she is playing better than Bosettis at the moment and every time she enters from the bench she changes the match. Very useful backup IMO.

• Italian Championship uses Molten as well...

Serie A reverted back to molten? That's news to me. I thought their contract with Mikasa run from 2012-2016. Ofcourse the deal expired but I feel they probably extended with Mikasa because Mikasas are everywhere...besides the NCAA.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney