Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Picinini still can play really well, she had a couple of really good games this season, I just don`t think she can play a full season. By the end of this season she was tired and her level dropped a little and Piertson got to play, but whenever they were struggling in reception Picinini would come in.

• so Novara's question marks : what second setter can do when Skorupa plays badly? what Egonu can play against the strongest teams of Europe and what Picci or Plak can do next to Enright?
    if they can be consistent enough at these points then they can be amonsgt the most important candidates to win CL

• Talking about only important games, the only one Boskovic did not play well was the CL Semi-final against Vakifibank, but everyone did not play well as well. And the semi-final in the Turkish League she got blocked by Eda in the end, but it happens.

She helped them win the World Championship and she was great in all CL games ( besides the semi final).

• I don't think Egonu can be at the level of Boskovic yet because she still makes too many errors but hopefully playing against the best in the CL will help improve her game

Cambi has shown she is a good second setter as she played a lot for Novara this year, for most of the year she played better than Dijkema probably. So she is a good sub for Skorupa if Kasia has one of her off days

Piccinini is still a very stable OH and I would prefer her to play instead of Plak. With such strong MBs and Egonu it is more important to have good reception from the OHs, especially because Skorupa is terrible when she has to move

• I almost watched all game of Novara and Picci seemed okay. Pietersen entered to court instead of her very few time. Skorupa was mostly good, she played very well with Roben de Kruijf. She was healthy problem beggining of season but she seemed okay during whole season in my opinion. Also, Novara has Cambi who was better than Djenkema on my mind.

• Talking about only important games, the only one Boskovic did not play well was the CL Semi-final against Vakifibank, but everyone did not play well as well. And she semi-final in the Turkish League she got blocked by Eda in the end, but it happens.

She helped them win the World Championship and she was great in all CL games ( besides the semi final).

she was offensively best of Vitra generally but with that first match you said they lost competing for the gold in CL and with second match they lost competing for the gold in TL..those were the most important matches of the year ;) but she is still young and can learn.. she cant do the job on her own..this is team sport and her team mates should have helped her more...

• I don't think Egonu can be at the level of Boskovic yet because she still makes too many errors but hopefully playing against the best in the CL will help improve her game

Cambi has shown she is a good second setter as she played a lot for Novara this year, for most of the year she played better than Dijkema probably. So she is a good sub for Skorupa if Kasia has one of her off days

Piccinini is still a very stable OH and I would prefer her to play instead of Plak. With such strong MBs and Egonu it is more important to have good reception from the OHs, especially because Skorupa is terrible when she has to move

so NOvara will be amongst the strong teams of CL

• I really think Novara needs fast MB for playing with Skorupa. I like Sorupa playing fast with MBs. I remembered she also played well with Akinradewo in Rabita Baku. This year she played amazing with Roben de Kruijf, most time De Kruijf was scoring. If to be honest Chirichella seemed well after last of season, she was trying to play fast and a lot.

• Pietersen absolutely was one of the reasons for Novara's success and now they have Enright who could do the same role. She's obviously better at passing than Plak and will do a good job there. Or maybe we will see more of her than Francy.

Isn't Gibby supposed to play for the team? I think she's fast enough.

• IMHO Piccinini and Enright will be the starters, but don't forget Francesci is 38; Plak will find her space, expecially when they may need extra power from the wings or they can rest Picci against lower level opponents.

• Remember that Skorupa played with Gibby some years ago, so they will probably have a good connection. Of course if she will join Novara

• SAB Grima Legnano officially will join to Serie A1 ???

From what I've heard, yes. But I hope they will sign better players...so far their roster looks too weak for A1...

• I hope to see this starting six for Conegliano

Wolosz - Fabris
    Hill - Bricio
    Folie - Danesi
    De Gennaro

With Hill and Bricio they will have stable reception and defence. And that is better than have better attack with Hodge and not so stabile reception. And with Samantha they have one good server too with Hill+Fabris.
    I'm only interested how will Wolosz play. She didn't show anything special last season but with this players maybe She will become better.

• I hope that coming back to Italy Wołosz will wake up and play like in Busto :roll:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Actually I don't understand all the hate towards Wolosz :S

In all matches of Poland I've watched this summer I thought she did a very good job as far as the team would allow her. She uses the MBs well and I like her fast sets to the outsides, plus she displays a leader attitude which is good for a setter. I think she'll do fine for Conegliano.

• Actually I don't understand all the hate towards Wolosz :S

In all matches of Poland I've watched this summer I thought she did a very good job as far as the team would allow her. She uses the MBs well and I like her fast sets to the outsides, plus she displays a leader attitude which is good for a setter. I think she'll do fine for Conegliano.

so do I, but many people criticised her for play in Chemik because she got lazy having such teammates :whistle: Chemik had no opponent in league so her chokes weren't important, but some people still complained :D anyway, IMHO she's ok - the real problem are Polish wings, especially the left one :call:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Wolosz and Skorupa are setters who like playing with MBs a lot but I think Wolosz may play with Folie a lot because Melandri and Danesi aren't fast MBs and also not type MBs of Wolosz. Who knows maybe Danesi will try to play fast, she really needs to work a lot for improving her game.