Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Doesn't Italian women league plays with Molten (white-red-green, I love this ball) and men Italian Leauge plays with Mikasa (yellow-blue, which I hate)? May be I'm the one having this wrong...

CEV and FIVB competition are played with Mikasa, anyway. Blue yellow or green-yellow.

Togutt, I love Bianchini, I would love if she'll get a chance in the NT, at least during the new Gran Prix! I think Pietrini will be try there too, but probably not with the idea of using her in the WCh.

• Doesn't Italian women league plays with Molten (white-red-green, I love this ball) and men Italian Leauge plays with Mikasa (yellow-blue, which I hate)? May be I'm the one having this wrong...

CEV and FIVB competition are played with Mikasa, anyway. Blue yellow or green-yellow.

Togutt, I love Bianchini, I would love if she'll get a chance in the NT, at least during the new Gran Prix! I think Pietrini will be try there too, but probably not with the idea of using her in the WCh.

Due to current pictures from both A1 volleyball leagus you are completely right regarding ball usage. It is funny, that both different balls, this would be impossible in Germany for example, where the DVV prescribes the very same ball for all Bundesliga members (Mikasa).

• Well, that does make sense to help the teams that play the European Cups. In fact few years ago the male Superlega switched to Mikasa for this reason.

The bad thing is that Mikasa is a more difficult ball, so who knows what will happen with the general level of reception...

• Well, that does make sense to help the teams that play the European Cups. In fact few years ago the male Superlega switched to Mikasa for this reason.

The bad thing is that Mikasa is a more difficult ball, so who knows what will happen with the general level of reception...

The last year I played volleyball I found this very good team and moved there. I changed league from a region to another. Every single team in this new league played with mikasa and It was a Nightmare to control the ball. Our hall had conditioned air on the roof. Whenever the ball floated under the conditioned air, It was almost impossible to control. It took Crazy or weird directions. :wall:

• The last year I played volleyball I found this very good team and moved there. I changed league from a region to another. Every single team in this new league played with mikasa and It was a Nightmare to control the ball. Our hall had conditioned air on the roof. Whenever the ball floated under the conditioned air, It was almost impossible to control. It took Crazy or weird directions. :wall:

I had sometimes the chance to use a Mikasa, and I think it is a very good ball, especially for good players because of its aerodynamic features. The surface is like a golf ball and gives plenty of opportunities, to make malevolent spin usage. I think, this is a good thing for volleyball professionals especially. But it is a matter of personal taste, if you like this ball behaviour or not, of course.

• In an amatorial competition I met a team that willingly used the Mikasa (unlike all the rest of us) to make the opponents struggle in reception... it was really hard to predict when the ball was going to fall, it often felt shorter than you would have expected.

• I love playing with Mikasa! It is for sure harder to receive but you can make great float serves with it :super: :box:

• I had no idea there was such a big difference between the balls.. I've always played with Mikasa, so I have no idea what Molten feels like

Molten = total control: 50% up to you, 50% up to your opponent's service
    Mikasa = no control: 33% up to you, 33% up to your opponent's service, 33% up to the ball itself

Playing volleyball with the Mikasa feels like playing soccer with a Super Tele. :down:

• We're going rather off topic, but last weekend my team lost a match because the opponent used the Molten ball :wall: We play in a league composed by teams from two federal states and our federation uses Mikasa and the other mostly Molten, so we played with Molten for the first time this season. The other team served us off the court :aww:

In the end it all comes down to habituation. Mikasa is better for float serves, Molten is better for hard jump serves. Jump serves that looked like they'd fly 3m out ended up in due to heavy rotation of the ball.

• Ones again Seria A is showing how great league is.
    Filotrano beat Bovara 3:2, and Bergamo beats Busto.

• What's with the stat sheets? Mingardi is completely absent from Modena's stats, they apparently used 5 field players + libero :rolleyes:
    Also the stats for Filottrano vs Novara (What the HELL happened there, anyway??!) look weird and not believable.

Grothues did little to reverse Pomi's fortunes. They seem determined to fight for relegation, it seems. But if you have an OPP like Zago as your starter, that's your level.
    What a fightback for Bergamo! I really wish they could somehow salvage their season and, consequently, the whole club. Malagurski appears to be a former player at this point though, sadly.

• What the HELL happened there, anyway??!

I read Novara lost the tie break after being 14-10!! :what:

And Bergamo at a certain point put Malagurski on the bench, Marcon in as OH and one between Acosta and Sylla as Opp, I think the first but I'm not sure. It clearly paid off ;)

Lee had her 'first time' in Superlega in Legnano-Conegliano :flower:
    Funny thing is that she scored the first (I think) ball she touched... with a free-ball pass 2 meters too long that felt in the other court :super: Genius!! :rolll:

Legnano fans wrote phrases to support Pistola, the former coach, and to specify they're there just for the girls.
    Terrible air there anyway :( Poor girl...

• Carlini seriously needs to step it up. One of her sets is gonna get Haak injured one day. And I'm not even gonna talk about her sets to the middles...

• Carlini seriously needs to step it up. One of her sets is gonna get Haak injured one day. And I'm not even gonna talk about her sets to the middles...

I was thinking the opposite: her OHs need to wake up IMHO. Bosetti can't kill free balls on the net and gets blocked twice, while de la Cruz is completely unstable, looking very very lazy. She can't even run Adenizia, because of their passing, and forces the game on Haak. Santana impressive so far. Ogbogu made her first cameo. :flower: