Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• And now after three set victory of Savino del Bene Scandicci against Il Bisonte Firenze they have the same number of wins as Igor Gorgonzola Novara and just three points less, but clearly ahead of Yamamay Busto Arsizio.

• Unbelievable, now Legnano denounced the former coach Pistola to "Lega Pallavolo Serie A" claiming that – preferring Mingardi to Drews – he caused the second girl to chose to go away and all the girls in general to be annoyed by his 'impartial' choices, and that created a bad clima in the team.

Guess what, the punishment that Legnano proposed is that they doesn't want to pay 8 of his 9 monthly salaries.
    I wonder how is that possible, since they claimed the journalists were lying when they wrote Legnano wasn't paying his workers... :whistle:
    Will they ask back all the money the surely gave him in perfect time, as established in the contract? :P

I really hope Lega will take an hard position on this matter, it's ridiculous, and being the Lgea president I would feel totally ashamed that on my watch things like that can happen.

Again, I wonder if they've ever payed something to Mingardi, Drews and Newcombe, and if they'll have to prove they payed them what they promised in the contract, now that they're gone...

• Carlini seriously needs to step it up. One of her sets is gonna get Haak injured one day. And I'm not even gonna talk about her sets to the middles...

She always has at least one completely botched set to MBs. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like that on this level of professional volleyball.

They're lucky that Haak has been such a killer because their game is not fluid at all. Arighetti is basically just a decoration on the court.

• Legnano's managers are simply ridiculous. They should be kicked out of SerieA forever.
    I am so sorry for Pistola and the players who are not getting paid... and they even want to sign Bjelica now! :read:

• You can only hope that other players and coaches do not go there in the future. But there will always be girls wanting to play A1. I hope Bjelica does not go there. I'm surprised Barcellini went. They have to aware that Legnano's management is horrible.

• She always has at least one completely botched set to MBs. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like that on this level of professional volleyball.

They're lucky that Haak has been such a killer because their game is not fluid at all. Arighetti is basically just a decoration on the court.

Her game can be super clumsy sometimes. There are some balls she sets to position 2 that I'm sure Haak will end up falling over the net after hitting the ball. Not to mention it's a rare sight to see Adenízia hit a clean ball even with a good pass. I know it's her first pro season and she has a lot to improve, but still...

• Sorry, that's a bit off topic but... What do you think about Lucia Crisanti? I just found out she is playing in B1!! Is it really possible that all the italian MBs in A1 and A2 are worst than her? :what:

Pomì 13th defeat, they lost 3-1 vs Pesaro...
    Lucky for them Legnano is a mess now...

• Another very disappointing effort by Pomi. Martinez is such a liability in reception, and while we can't expect her to be an awesome digger with her height, she's not making up for it with her spiking either. Grothues is not making any difference yet.
    Lo Bianco runs a weird game. It seems like the only one she really trusts is Guiggi, and all the others get their sets at random, so no one can get any rhythm. It's hard to understand her choices a lot of times.
    Annie Drews started the match really nicely, but then Lo Bianco killed her spirit with some total trash sets.

• The last 20 january all the clubs had to show they paid their players and staffs. It looks like there're few teams that didn't fulfill. We still don't know if those teams are from Serie A1 or Serie A2, but we can Imagine they're from both the categories. The only rumored team so far is SAB Legnano.

I checked River-AGIL stats. I hope to see Mingardi and Abbott together. I'm very curious about the american.

• Marta Bechis leaves Firenze and goes to Conegliano. It will definitely improve Imoco's substitution options to have an Italian backup setter even though she's not that great :S I wonder what will happen to Papafotiou now.

• She is not great but She was doing just fine this season.

• Well, Bechis is one of the setters who impressed me the most live. I saw her against Perugia in 2009-10 and her touch looked magic back then. Just Ferretti and Berg impressed me more than her.

• OFFTOPIC!

Can I ask if Serie B1/B2 is considered a professional league? Do players get monetary compensation for playing in Serie B1/B2?

I don't know if they got pay, may be a little, but I wouldn't call it a Professional League at all. I think most of the player in B has a different job (the main one)/is a student and trains in the evening after work.

• B1 and B2 are semi-pro. Some teams pay, others don't. Expecially those that have good youth teams work with the players they make grow and don't need any others. By the way you can be paid in each category in Italy. It depends on the region, on the category and many other factors. For example I got paid when I was very young (at first they paid me the train and the buss to travel from my city to the town where I went to play, then, growning up, I had a real salary), but when I moved to another region to play 3 categories higher I didn't see a single euro because the club had a strong youth team and they didn't really need me, no matter I was a starter. BTW most of the B1 teams pay, sometimes even better than A2 teams.