Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• I think it also depends on the player.. as Shame said in a team of young players they won't pay that much, but in other teams with big names coming from higher leagues they will pay (I'm thinking about Sassuolo in B1 this year with Aguero and Crisanti, but also Pinerolo).

• Both Conegliano and Novara lost their first sets. Monza is showing very good game :super:

edit: Conegliano lost second set and Novara is losing in second set for now...
    edit2 : I didn't know that Busto lost yesterday against Legnano. This is way I love this league so much

• Fabris played one of the best matches this season in Conegliano and She got injured ;( How serious is, it still unknown.7

And first lost this season for Conegliano in regular season.

• First info are that She twisted ankel. Tomorrow they will know who seriuos it is.

• Savino is behind Novara despite having less defeats... :down:

• Most leagues are still counting points with priority before wins, despite the FIVB changed this order some years ago for its international competitions.

Which makes no sense, right? :aww:

• I actually think this different makes sense: in a short pool it's important to value the victories the most, while in a long Championship it would be too "flat" to give more credit to the number of victories; clearly it's just an opinion, probably due to habit ;)

• Big week coming up for Imoco. Last weeks loss centered around the sub par performance by Bricio, then the late injury to Fabris and the very poor performance by her sub Nicoletti. With Fabris still doubtful there is no backup for Nicoletti unless Simone Lee has been practicing to do some backup there. We haven't seen yet what Lee can do and it may be time to find a spot somewhere in the lineup to see how she responds.

Busto is certainly a team that could beat them. Imoco then has to face Fenerbache early next week in a must win situation for Fener. Two very big matches and without Fabris and Foli it may be time to insert Lee to see if she can have an impact. Certainly HIll and Bricio need to be at the top of their games and they need strong performances from their middles. A loss to Fener would put their next CL match with Novara as a potential loser go home death match.

• Fabris is already walking and running, her injury wasn't so bad but still they don't want to force her so She will miss today matche but She could performer against Fener afterall. And Folie is coming back too.

• All three sets of Firenze vs Bergamo went to distance, it's such a shame Bergamo couldn't take at least one. They had multiple SPs in both the 1st and the 2nd set.
    Also, it's a shame there weren't more spectators. The hall was ghastly empty. :S

There wasn't much between the two teams, but it came down to two things: Bergamo couldn't win any of the longer rallies, which were quite a few; and Dijkema outplaying Malinov, whose inexperience really showed in this match. She basically didn't give a single clean set to Popović, she tried some unfortunate dumps/spikes at most inopportune moments and she stubbornly insisted on Sylla at the time she just couldn't deliver.

And what a performance by Daly Santana! Bergamo simply had no solution for her.

• Anna Nicoletti in second set 0/8, 2 errors in attack, two on serve. My God. :wacko:

Why is Diuof not playing ??
    Busto players started to use some semi-jump serve, all of them.
    My God how bad is Nicoletti playing, if She doesn't get blocked She makes spike error.

• How is Megan Hodge doing? Is she gonna be back for playoffs or she is done for this season? :teach:

• 18th round

Lardini Filottrano - Pomì Casalmaggiore 3-1
    Scuka 22, Mitchem 22, Tomsia 15 / Martinez 24, Guiggi 12, Drews 9

Il Bisonte Firenze - Fopppedretti Bergamo 3-0
    Santana 22 (60%), Tirozzi 16, Sorokaite 15 / Acosta 16, Malagurski 15, Sylla 9

Sab Legnano - Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena 2-3
    Degradi 16, Barcellini 13, Coneo 13 / Heyrman 18, Mingardi 17, Barun 16

Igor Gorgonzola Novara - Savino Del Bene Scandicci 3-0
    Egonu 20, Plak 18 (55%), Gibbemeyer 8 / Haak 20, Adenizia 11, De La Cruz 8

Imoco Conegliano - Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio 3-0
    Bricio 15 (71%), De Kruijf 11, Danesi 10 / Piani 11, Wilhite 6, Botezat 6

MyCicero Pesaro - Saugella Team Monza 2-2
    Nizetich 14, Bokan 13, Olivotto 12 / Havelkova 18, Begic 17, Dixon 13

STANDINGS
    1. IMOCO CONEGLIANO 47
    2. IGOR GORGONZOLA NOVARA 43
    3. SAVINO DEL BENE SCANDICCI 39
    4. UNET E-WORK BUSTO ARSIZIO 32
    5. SAUGELLA TEAM MONZA 30
    6. LIU•JO NORDMECCANICA MODENA 29
    7. MYCICERO PESARO 26
    8. IL BISONTE FIRENZE 20
    9. POMÌ CASALMAGGIORE 17
    10. SAB LEGNANO 15
    11. FOPPAPEDRETTI BERGAMO 15
    12. LARDINI FILOTTRANO 11

• When did they stop giving the MVP award every match? I've noticed for a quite few years now...

• I can add something here. When Pavan played for Nebraska in the college league, NCAA, she was in deep water for some personal conflicts too. Following was written in the newspaper Daily Nebraskan in 2008: "Pavan told the magazine that conflict existed within the Husker volleyball team, that she felt enormous pressure under the Nebraska volleyball spotlight and that jealousy (other girls being jealous of her) and confusion about her identity strained relationships with teammates and coaches". And then "as a result of the story, Coach John Cook told Pavan she could no longer participate in post-season practices" followed by "after the Redwire story's publication, Cook told Pavan she could resume practicing with the team if she complied with several stipulations, including an apology. She declined to comply. " http://www.dailynebraskan.com/…32-b50d-aaf29eab0350.html

Sorry for bringing up a one-month-old topic (that's because I check here only once in a while), but as you were on the Conegliano-Pavan affair, I can't help adding some more memories from the infamous blog. Like when she complained about the alleged ugliness of the team's jerseys compared to Liu-Jo's (that's what happens when your main sponsor is in the appliances' business rather than in the fashion's, was her point). Or when, on a summer day by the seaside, she got shocked by seeing little children running naked on the beach (a quite infrequent sight on the Great Lakes' shores, I guess). :aww:
    Then, when it all came out, I was among those who wished the club would kick her *** all the way back to Canada, but in the end they decided to let her get away with just a public apology and a "demotion", passing the stripe to Jovana. Because yes, it's worth remembering that back then Pavan was even the team's captain!... :wall: