Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• Heartbreaking loss for Modena, it looked like they had the match in their hands at 12:9 in tie-break. But then, they didn't really do much for it either, only Barun was good and the rest was Conegliano playing badly. Hats off to Fabris for standing outside for over two hours and then coming in when it counts and scoring the big points!

A week after losing to Filottrano Casalmaggiore beats Novara :white: But then, also Filottrano beat Novara a while back :D Italian league is crazy at times...

• De Krujif 12 bloc points in one game. Wow.

Pomi beat Novara 3:1. Finally they wake up.

• 19th round

Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena - Imoco Conegliano 2-3
    Barun 25, C.Bosetti 13, Mingardi 13 / Hill 20 (51%), De Kruijf 19 (12 blocks), Bricio 16

Pomì Casalmaggiore - Igor Gorgonzola Novara 3-1
    Guiggi 19, Drews 19, Stevanovic 17 / Plak 21, Egonu 20, Chirichella 12

Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio - Il Bisonte Firenze 3-1
    Gennari 18, Diouf 16, Bartsch 15 / Sorokaite 20, Tirozzi 12, Ogbogu 11

Saugella Team Monza - Lardini Filottrano 3-1
    Havelkova 16, Dixon 14, Devetag 10 / Mitchem 16, Scuka 11, Tomsia 10

Foppapedretti Bergamo - MyCicero Pesaro 3-0
    Sylla 16, Acosta 11, Malagurski 11 / Olivotto 14, Nizetich 9, Baldi 7

Savino Del Bene Scandicci - Sab Volley Legnano 3-0
    De La Cruz 16 (67%), Haak 12 (53%), Adenizia 11 / Coneo 10, Bartesaghi 7, Barcellini 6

STANDINGS
    1.CONEGLIANO 49
    2. NOVARA 43
    3. SCANDICCI 42
    4. BUSTO ARSIZIO 35
    5. MONZA 33
    6. MODENA 30
    7. PESARO 26
    8. FIRENZE 20
    9. CASALMAGGIORE 20
    10. BERGAMO 18
    11. LEGNANO 15
    12. FILOTTRANO 11

• According to polish volleyball manager Jakub Dolata, Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena wanted to sign with Agnieszka Kąkolewska tomorrow, but she refuses.
    She decided to stay with Łódź, because of her teammates and the fact that Łódź has many problems with injuries. It's a shame, but very, mature decision.
    IMHO Modena is the most embarrassing team, when it comes to transfers. :aww:

Source: twitter.com/Jakub_Dolata but

• Watched the end of the second, pretty wasted by Busto but with Conegliano merits (they almost wasted it too with an indecision between Fabris and Moki in a doable defense for the 23-24 for Busto).

I didn't understand why the double change Wolosz-Nicoletti for Bechis-Fabris was made setter-setter and opposite-opposite, but was crossed, even if Nicoletti was in second line and vice versa.
    Anyway, it did work. But I would like to hear your opinion about the advantages of having Bechis in first line and/or Fabris in second line, instead of the opposite.
    May be he considered they could have ended up with Fabris in first line in the very end of the set? Or he want Fabris in second line because he wanted to put Cella in for Hill in second line, so he wanted to have at least one spiker in second line?

• Kim Hill's continued service woes will need to be fixed before the NT season starts or her starting position is at risk. Once considered the most formidable part of her game this season she has struggled and being pulled at 21-23 shows that the coach has no confidence that she could put 3 balls in play in a row. Otherwise her game is very solid today.

• Busto lost both 1st and 3rd games stupidly

• Woww 35 points by Egonu Paola :super:

• i cant watch the watch
    i had watched Novara team live in Istanbul and the team seemed to be dependant on Egonu too much and get little contribution from its outside hitters.fortunately the middles had played well in that match (against Fenerbahçe)..

• i cant watch the watch
    i had watched Novara team live in Istanbul and the team seemed to be dependant on Egonu too much and get little contribution from its outside hitters.fortunately the middles had played well in that match (against Fenerbahçe)..

Honestly I disagree: Enright is the player who turned around that match.

AGIL has a big problem with Skorupa: you never know what you can expect from her; she's a goddess or real crap, no shadows of grey in the middle.