Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• AGIL has a big problem with Skorupa: you never know what you can expect from her; she's a goddess or real crap, no shadows of grey in the middle.

I also thought about that during the match. At some stages I thought that Hancock is actually a rather weak setter and Monza could do better with someone else, but then I noticed that Skorupa did even worse and hasn't been any convincing all season. She did really well last year, but in Novara's team she doesn't show anything special to put it nicely. In other words: she's slow, lazy, boring...but then, in a team with Plak and Egonu plus not very strong attacking MBs that's enough against many opponents.

• So if Novara today win Coppa Italia MVP will be Egonu, and for Conegliano will be Kim Hill or Samanta Fabris :)

I think that Novara doesn't have huge chance if Egonu is only one who can score. Conegliano is very good team, so Novara needs to start to play as team to beat them

• Agil is a way better team than Imoco. Not to mention the difference between the bench players. They Just have the Skorupa problem. She's completely unstable. They can lose to any team when their setter is awful for no reason.

Imoco has a lot of problems. They can play just in system. Hill and Fabris can't kill a ball out of system. Their passing is very weak.

• I don't think Conegliano's reception is weaker than Novara's but I agree that Fabris is not reliable in crucial moments when they need someone kill the ball in out of system.

• How can you be sure that Novara is better when Conegliano destroyed Novara in CL ??

I mean every match is diffrent but I would never say that they are better team when they lost this season against Conegliano 3(?)times already. First game of the season was for Novara 3:2, but it was starter of the season.

• I don't think Conegliano's reception is weaker than Novara's but I agree that Fabris is not reliable in crucial moments when they need someone kill the ball in out of system.

With Enright on court their passing is pretty good. Remember Fener destroying them from the service line, then Fefa turned the match around.

And Hill is as bad as Fabris. When she played for Atom, Belcik used to set to her out of system and she was a complete disaster.

• How can you be sure that Novara is better when Conegliano destroyed Novara in CL ??

And so what? Agil won the Supercup. And then? :rolll:

Casalmaggiore destroyed Vakifbank in the CL final. Were they better than the turkish team? I don't think so.

The italian league is still very weak. Not worth watching. I'm Just Sorry Piccinini last years as player are going on now. If It wasn't for her, the league had zero appeal to me. Piccinini and the USA and PR players development. That's all I care about.

• Okey everything is mess with Conegliano game right now. Setters are doing terrible job. First of all why did coach of Conegliano change everything so fast and they were doing just fine at the start. ?(

1:0 for Novara (25:17)