Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• I think Seria A will be even stronger than last season. Strong names are still coming with transfer news and they are far from over :D

• After Südtirol Bolzano (Bozen) also Metalleghe Montichiari will not be member of A1 anymore.

And Foppapedretti plays now definitely its last season; i.e. Volley Bergamo has now one year time to find a new main sponsor, otherwise they will give up too after so many titles won in the past (5 CL, many domestic championships and cups...).

• After Südtirol Bolzano (Bozen) also Metalleghe Montichiari will not be member of A1 anymore.

And Foppapedretti plays now definitely its last season; i.e. Volley Bergamo has now one year time to find a new main sponsor, otherwise they will give up too after so many titles won in the past (5 CL, many domestic championships and cups...).

8 Championships
    7 Champions Leagues
    1 CEV Cup
    6 Italy Cups
    6 Italian Supercups

Best club ever. :obey:

• I think, that were 5 CL titles and two in the easier predecessor cup of champions, but anyway, that is most impressive...

• Will Liu Xiao-tong join Monza?

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Will Liu Xiao-tong join Monza?

I haven't heard this rumour before. Have you? As far as I know the OH in Monza will be Havelkova, Loda and Begic.

• Toguttt Where can I find clubs from A2 for next season?

The composition of A2 for next season is still mess. It's not sure yet how many and which clubs will participate...we will know more in the incoming weeks...

• As at today according to my personal believe the starting grid of next serie A will be

1° Novara-Conegliano
    2° Modena-Casalmaggiore
    3° Scandicci-Busto
    4° Monza-Bergamo-Firenze
    5° Pesaro-Filotrano-Legnano

Conegliano has the best team but they must play with 3 italian on field considering that Novara can really be at the same level if Egonu will alreeady play at top level.
    Modena and Casalmaggiore appears as expiered strong teams but actually quite far from the top 2
    Scandicci and Busto will be completely renewd with very young and talented teams. If they are able to assembly the team quick they can compete with Modena and Casalmaggiore. At the contrary in case it requires long time they will compete together with Monza, Bergamo and Firenze
    Pesaro, filotrano and Legnano will compete not to be relegated.

this is my personal feelings

• Novara beat Imoco 3:0 in their first match.
    Bricio-Hill were OHs duo. That was for me the most (?) thing who will be starting OHs in Imoco.

What I don't get it is that main players aren't with their teams yet and Seria A is starting 14.10. I believe that connection between setters and players will be very poor in first two matches in the season.

• So what was this match? A friendly match or Supercup, something like that?

• Busto beat Imoco 3:2. (28-26/19-25/18-25/25-11/12-15)

• It was a friendly tournament with Busto, Monza, Conegliano, Novara.

Semifinal: Monza-Busto 3-0, Novara-Conegliano 3-0; 3rd place final Busto 3-2 Conegliano; final Novara-Monza ?

Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio – Imoco Conegliano 3-2 (26-28, 25-19, 25-18, 11-25, 15-12)
    UYBA: Dall’Igna 3, Diouf 24, Stufi 5, Botezat 9, Gennari 15, Wilhite 15, Spirito (L), Piani, Negretti, Badini ne, Monza ne, Chauscheva, Berti ne. All. Mencarelli. Secondo Musso. Battute vincenti 3, errate 12. Muri: 9.
    IMOCO CONEGLIANO: Papafotiou 5, Nicoletti 10, Melandri 9, Cosi 2, Bricio 22, Hill 22, Fiori (L), Easy ne, Cella 1, Carletti, Fersino ne, Pelloia, Brandi ne. All. Santarelli. Secondo Simone. Battute vincenti 3, errate 17. Muri: 9.

Saugella Team Monza – Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio 3-0 (25-19, 25-23, 25-15)
    Saugella Team Monza: Dixon 11, Hancock 8, Orthmann 9, Devetag 10, Ortolani 12, Begic 10; Arcangeli (L). Balboni, Bonvicini, Rastelli. N.E. Bianchi, Candi. All. Pedullà
    Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio: Wilhite 2, Botezat4, Diouf 13, Gennari 6, Stufi 6, Dall’Igna 2; Spirito (L). Piani, Monza, Negretti, Chausheva. N.E. Badini, Berti. All. Mencarelli
    NOTE Durata set: 20’, 27’, 21’. Totale 1h08’
    Saugella Team Monza: battute vincenti 9, sbagliate 14, muri 8, errori 23, attacco 46%
    Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio: battute vincenti 1, sbagliate 6, muri 6, errori 12, attacco 29%