Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• I watched Scandicci-Pesaro and it was a nice game
    De La Cruz played her best match this seazon Carlini was very good and Adenizia is a "monster" in the block

• Okej Wolosz deserved award. She was amazing. Look at players stats.
    Bricio 71%., Folie 63%., Danesi 67%., Fabris 57%., Hill 52%. She used them so well.

• Is there a scheduled format for the playoffs? I would love to come over and watch a game in the semis. Looking for info on the site of the Superlega Femminile, but my Italian isn't that good. Was wondering if there is a scheduled round for the 8th of April. And where this game will be played, at Scandicci (2nd) or Conegliano (3rd)? (Guessing that they will proceed the quarters)

• No surprises today: despite all three lost a set, Novara, Conegliano and also Busto Arsizio scored away wins. For Novara and Conegliano this was already the semi final ticket won, while Busto Arsizio leveled the series and has now in Pala Yamamay to win again, to proceed to the semis as well.

• Same prodecure as every year: some clubs are on thin ice financially and are uncertain to survive for next season. We've known about Bergamo for a long time, but now there are also rumors from Modena and Pesaro about possibly withdrawing their teams from A1 :white:

• Modena said they won't continue for sure :(
    What a terrible surprise :(

Yes, only a few clubs displayed continuity in the last about five to 10 years - too many teams have short sponsor contracts, and when big losses happen without adequate compensations they collapse quickly. At least Bergamo and Modena will disappear obviously, which opens otherwise chances for more A2 teams to go up, I guess.

• At least Bergamo and Modena will disappear obviously, which opens otherwise chances for more A2 teams to go up, I guess.

Yeah, just to have more cases like Legnano this season :aww:

Modena, Bergamo and also Pesaro are traditional cities for Italian women's volleyball, all of them would be a big loss. But from the experience of the last years I think there will be more survivors than expected...

• Yeah, just to have more cases like Legnano this season :aww:

Modena, Bergamo and also Pesaro are traditional cities for Italian women's volleyball, all of them would be a big loss. But from the experience of the last years I think there will be more survivors than expected...

I think Bergamo and Pesaro will find a way to survive.

• Modena has been investing a lot in last couple of years but they never managed to reach something significant. Thus I can understand their frustration.

Bergamo is a milestone in volleyball history just like Eczacıbaşı, Cannes and Uralochka. Their loss will hit more than any other clubs :wall:

• Let's make order here.

The historic team from Modena called Volley Modena (1959-2005) disappared 13 years ago. The club used to play as Omnitel Modena, Phone Limited Modena and Edison Modena.

Then there was Universal Volley Modena (1970-2013), transferred from Carpi to Modena in 2010. The club played as Liu Jo Modena and Assicuratrice Milanese Modena before it disappared.

In 2013 Liu Jo founded a new club, LJ Volley (2013-2016). The club played under the holding company name until it disappared.

In 2016 River Volley from Piacenza moved to Modena: River Volley transferred its game court to Modena, while LJ, which just closed its own club, joined them as sponsor and they played as Liu Jo Nordmeccanica Modena so far.

4 teams died in the same city in less than 15 years (3 in the last 5 years). Even the football club died in Modena in 2017: the historical Modena Football Club from 1912 and with 28 partecipation in Serie A disappared last year. Maybe it's time to realize women's volleyball is just an addiction in Modena, just like any other sport. :whistle:

• The record of (Foppapedretti) Bergamo is indeed outstanding: the highlights are seven Italian championships, four Champions League wins (compare this with three of VakifBank!) and three wins of the predecessor champions cup. Even for VakifBank still a measure...

• Maybe it's time to realize women's volleyball is just an addiction in Modena, just like any other sport.

True... I've always been surprised for how much men volleyball is followed in Modena, and on the other hand how little women is...
    I guess that could be another comprehensible reason of frustration :(

Anyway, I'm truly crossing my finger for Bergamo to survive (there are movements, at least Foppapedretti gave an year of time...), for Pesaro I have some hope, while for Modena... I'm afraid it's a goodbye :(

• It's official, Bergamo found a new main sponsor: Zanetti Formaggi.

http://www.bergamopost.it/viva…bianca-sponsor-triennale/

It's one of the leading companies in the production and sales of Italian cheese, just like Igor in Novara.
    They will sustain financially Volley Bergamo for the next 3 years.

• Do you think that they will have enough money to bring some top players?

• Do you think that they will have enough money to bring some top players?

I am not sure, but I think they will make a very good team. This sponsor is quite big and I guess they will have ambitions.