Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• I expect to see Bricio receive a lot of balls in SF against Vakifbank. Let's see how well Imoco receives and attacks out of system balls.

Yeah it is easier but still seeing Picci who is queen of reception to recive this hard it is not just easy job. Bricio really improved her reception. De Gennaro and Hill have amazing reception so this is what you get.

• I agree with your rank.

If Bricio and Fabris can serve how they can then Vakifbank will have problem, Zhu is not great reciver so it will be even harder for them.

• Hi, who was the official MVP of the league? I read here in this post some people saying De Gennaro, Wolosz and Fabris...

• This is my dream team of play offs.

Fabris-Wolosz
    Hill-Bricio(and I would put Picci definitely)
    Folie-Christina
    De Gennaro

Literally whole Conegliano, but I repeat MY dream team.

• I couldn't watch the match, but I read the comments here. Im so happy for Conegliano. They built a really strong team, but were struggling with injuries all season long. I can't remember how many matches they played with their 'best' lineup. I'm so happy Melandri had a great game. I've always liked her, and praised her before on this forum.. Her decision to spent the season on the bench wasn't the best, but maybe she learned something playng with strong MBs. I hope next season she plays as a starter

• I think they played only just one game with their best line up but it was in CL, and that was first game by Folie after injury and She was not in shape at all. So we can say they didn't played whole season with their best line up.

• I am from Poland and this is the first season of italian serie a that I watched. And I am under such huge impressione of what I saw through the year. The level of teams is amazing and it actually made me learn italian because I want to know what they are talking about.

CONEGLIANO!!!!!!!

• Just back from Palaverde and from the subsequent party in Conegliano... and insanely happy!! :dance6: :cup:

And yet, on a sadder note:

get better soon Folie...what about her injury ?

"Six f*****g months" (her words). So bye-bye WCH... :wall:

• i remember Novara's serves were weak against Galatasaray in second match too.Gala's players hadnt made one single mistake in reception

Novara 's serving is really weak. And the reception is really bad too. Welcome to turkish league and suffer! :teach:

Imoco volley invested a lot more than last season actually. They signed 8 foreign players in total(including expensive kim hill). For my point of view, they can not afford to lose this italy league's champion again. :lol:

• http://www.volleynews.it/2018/05/09/intervista-abbondanza/

Abbondanza, ex Fenerbahce and Pomi coach, gave really good interview about literally everything when it comes to women's volleyball. And I'm happy to read that He thinks same as Guidetti when it comes to Conegliano this season. "To bad for Conegliano because of injury, they were the strongest volleyball team in Europe this year". :thumbsup:

• http://www.volleynews.it/2018/05/09/intervista-abbondanza/

Abbondanza, ex Fenerbahce and Pomi coach, gave really good interview about literally everything when it comes to women's volleyball. And I'm happy to read that He thinks same as Guidetti when it comes to Conegliano this season. "To bad for Conegliano because of injury, they were the strongest volleyball team in Europe this year". :thumbsup:

Everyone know it, Conegliano deserves to be champion this year. But it is volleyball, it is sport and I think even volleyball players try to forget about this bad memory. I have 5 years volleyball experiences and I do know you have to forget something about bad memories (lost game) for achiving new things :)

• what matters is not which team plays nicer volleyball but which one resist,persist better then prevail in the end in the sport..do you remember Galatasaray had won a set 25-7 against Novara but Novara had won that match 3-2..the rest of that is just consolation.. on the other hand to say "i did my best" is very important mentally

• I think Scandicci and Monza will be stronger than Novara.Why did they keep Plak? How can Bartsch and Plak play together :sos: Also I loved Firenze's squad.Daalderop and Lippman, two promising talent :box:

• In my view, by keeping Plak, Novara is cutting a role for Piccinini...Which is a bad decision in terms of volleyball.
    It was obvious Plak was too vulnerable in reception, and in big matches Bartch&Piccinni will be on the floor...
    They could let Plak go and get say Rabadzieiva, and could have been very solid with Bartsch&Raba...
    But this means no playing time for the legend...

• That is why they have two more good OHs next to Plak. Picci and Nizetich. Picci is far from over with her reception and attack. She outplayed Plak many time this season. And with this two at reception Novara will have very good options in attack. Veljkovic-Christina-Egonu-Bartch and Picci. Not bad at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if Plak doesn't step up her game at reception that She will sit down at bench next season.