Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• There is a pay online TV, called LVF TV.
    It's 50 euro for all the matches (live and on demand). They'll show all the matches of A1 and A2 (Italian Championship, Italian Cup, Supercup, Play off etc) except the matches aired by Rai, but I think they have on demand also the matches broadcasted by Rai.

Raisport will also stream about one matches for week (something more during play off), they have the live streaming too but outside Italy you'll need a VPN.

Plus, I'm not an expert on the female side, but few teams may have a local TV that shows the matches for free (not live). You have to verify if they have an online streaming too, though.

I tried VPN on Rai many times for it does not work. I wish it was Laola streaming again and not Rai.

• thx. so such stats at such a young age,she must be talented!

Haak is a more complete opposite than Egonu and Slöetjes in my opinion. Her defensive skills are much better than the other two and she actually received at several rotations when she played in Sweden and did a very good job. I think Egonu and Slöetjes are more explosive than her in attacking but Haak uses her height and technique better. Hope she will keep developing :super:

• She's the only splendid player from such a volleyball wasteland which means our NT will probably never shine despite having her, but watching her development must be so fun and worthy, I actually think she's a lot better than most European OPPs in particular those who are in her age. I'm also very happy that she chose to play in Italy, besides with a great setter like Carlini and obviously Parisi, her coach needs no more explanation in terms of training young players.

• Well, Isabelles older sister, Anna Haak (born 1996) is also a highly rated prospect. She is playing for a team in the US college system, NCAA and she has achieved pretty decent numbers so far during her around two year old long campain. Anna is quite a bit shorter, around 180 cm, and plays as an outside hitter. Apart from that there is many other good players now; Rebecka Lazic (Cannet), Alexandra Lazic (Volero Zurich) and the middle blocker Aida Rejzovic (former Bundesliga-player with Aachen). No doubt this should make up a fairly decent squad for NT.

• Well, Isabelles older sister, Anna Haak (born 1996) is also a highly rated prospect. She is playing for a team in the US college system, NCAA and she has achieved pretty decent numbers so far during her around two year old long campain. Anna is quite a bit shorter, around 180 cm, and plays as an outside hitter. Apart from that there is many other good players now; Rebecka Lazic (Cannet), Alexandra Lazic (Volero Zurich) and the middle blocker Aida Rejzovic (former Bundesliga-player with Aachen). No doubt this should make up a fairly decent squad for NT.

I agree but the problem is federation and people they choose as trainers. Honestly if I were Isabelle, I would simply reject to go to NT where the trainer has less experience than me and has a limited capability. I also find the volleyball school (RIG) a big failure, I believe prospects staying at their home teams and playing with other professionals is much better for their own development than going to a school with all other teenagers and studying volleyball. :wall:

I watched a bit of Marquette University recently. Anna Haak brings a lot of energy on the court. She's fun to watch. I agree with you, it can become quite a decent team if all things come together one day. From the European League this summer, i also remember some young players like Stina Rix (OH), Filippa Hansson (MB, also NCAA), Fanny Andersson (S),... And Gallardo is a good, experienced coach IMO; i don't think they could easily find someone better for the job. :)

• Yeah, we could become pretty solid if those girls get to play together, I agree aside from Lazic sisters. They're good for Swedish standard, but nothing more.

I wish Anna were a bit taller, at least 1,85cm so that she'd have been more competitive as OH, she's pretty good now tho, but never on the same level as her younger sister obviously.

I also like Filippa Hansson, she's also fun to watch and has a potential to be better.

• There are plenty of examples of great, competitive world-class players with only around 180 cm of height at that position, so could be just fine. Fe Garay, Gabi Guimaeres, Ksenia Parubets, Valentina Tirozzi, Antonella Del Core, Werblinska, Grothues-Balkenstein, Gözde etc.

• De La Cruz is listed as being born in 1989 @ Legavolleyfem, is it correct? According to FIVB she is born 1987 + she was not playing for Scandicci in the friendly tournament previous weekend, anyboy knows when she is supposed to arrive or if she has arrived already? Personally I do not see much need for her in Scandicci, since the attack space is so widely covered by Haak already and the same goes for the defensive and technical aspects, where she probably could not contribute very much since it is aspects greatly covered by especially Lucia Bosetti.

• De La Cruz is listed as being born in 1989 @ Legavolleyfem, is it correct? According to FIVB she is born 1987 + she was not playing for Scandicci in the friendly tournament previous weekend, anyboy knows when she is supposed to arrive or if she has arrived already? Personally I do not see much need for her in Scandicci, since the attack space is so widely covered by Haak already and the same goes for the defensive and technical aspects, where she probably could not contribute very much since it is aspects greatly covered by especially Lucia Bosetti.

I think she`s with the NT playing the WCH qualifier. Bricio is with the NT as well and she will miss a couple of games, I would assume Enright, Martinez and Santana are with the NT and will miss a couple of games as well

• I think she`s with the NT playing the WCH qualifier. Bricio is with the NT as well and she will miss a couple of games, I would assume Enright, Martinez and Santana are with the NT and will miss a couple of games as well

Ah I see, a considerable loss for Casalmaggiore I guess, but with Hill and Hodge as wingers do you see Bricio as something other than a substitute?

• Ah I see, a considerable loss for Casalmaggiore I guess, but with Hill and Hodge as wingers do you see Bricio as something other than a substitute?

I think Bricio will be a starter, she`s better spiker than Hill and much better passer than Hodge. Bricio was with the team just until a few days ago, and then she went back home to join the NT, but while she was with Conegliano they played a couple of games and Bricio was the starter and their leading score. But let`s see how the season goes and things could change.

EDIT: I did check the stats and I confirmed, De La Cruz, Martinez, Enright and Santana are playing at the WCH qualifier. They will go back to Italy once the tournament is over.

• I think that Bricio will be 99% starter instead off Hodge, Hodge in friendly matches didn't show anything speacial, but Bricio did.

Oh God, can't wait for today match :D

• You can watch matches on 1xbet, it is super easy. Just make account with your facebook profile they will send you your password and your account number. And it is free. Than you can watch all matches from Seria A for free. That is how I watched last whole season. But you can't watch it on your phone just on laptop or computer.

I can't believe it that Rai Sport will not stream today matche between Pomi and Conegliano. This match will be super interesting to watch.

https://1xfso.xyz/stream/?tag=d_42580m_97c_ Here is the link.

• Every match in Seria A is intersting :drink:

• As some massive excitement are slowly approaching, I think it's fun to predict.

I think Novara are once again the favorite to win the league, I wouldn't say it if they stayed with Bonifacio but since Gibbemeyer is there, they are better balanced. Egonu is obviously the biggest key, from time to time she collapses herself and by that time her team also falls down (A typical behavior on the court of young girls), otherwise strong enough to rule the league. Piccinini-Plak-Enright trio looks solid, as Egonu will be the one taking care of dirty jobs, they wouldn't be too stressed out about killing balls, though obviously they need to help her out.

Conegliano are a big question, on the surface they look absolutely strong, thus If they manage to build up a good team chemistry, why not winning the championship?
    To me personally it's a shame that two of those MBs (De Kruijf, Folie, Danesi and Melandri) gotta be staying on the bench, which means they have strong bench players, Cella, Nicoletti and Bricio (or Easy) might be also useful considering the long season.

Modena and Casalmaggiore look pretty solid, however if you ask me, their current roster seems neither fish nor fowl, if you know what I mean.

Scandicci are the team I will definitely keep paying my attention on, not only owing to Isabella Haak, but Lauren Carlini who's in my opinion one of the best setters in Serie A, outstanding technic, clever setting tactics and is also a good server. De la Cruz didn't succeed in Russia last season, however in her new team she has Lucia Bosetti and Enrica Merlo who can cover up in passing, so she's able to focus on attack.

Bergamo, Busto, Firenze and the other teams are supposedly not as strong as the others above, but who knows, they can surprise us, especially Monza, I expect them to be a big dark-horse with Havelkova-Orthmann as OHs, Ortolani and there's also Dixon and Hancock who definitely made a positive impact in US NT during the summer. I would say the same about Haak, but also I hope Orthmann will learn a lot under Pedulla, he's undoubtedly a great coach who can develop young girls.