Italy - Serie A1 2017/18

• I watched Novara-Busto good match......PLEASE GET RID OF DIOUF! She does nothing for the team. Can't block, can't hit, can't move. She will be their downfall. Egonu is so young and she is just terminating. Piccinini Is such a smart player. Great match to start the season.

• Leo Lo Bianco has a shoulder problem and will be out for quite a long time, so Casalmaggiore aired Cyr from Canada NT (at least Abbondanza know her well, and she knows well Pavan). :(

• I watched Novara-Busto good match......PLEASE GET RID OF DIOUF! She does nothing for the team. Can't block, can't hit, can't move. She will be their downfall. Egonu is so young and she is just terminating. Piccinini Is such a smart player. Great match to start the season.

Actually I thought Diouf was defending better than ever yesterday. Sure, she had her embarassing moments, but she also made some really good digs. And in 4th set she was totally on fire in attack. But yeah, no comparison to Egonu...

• Pomi's squad looks decidedly average and I'm not sure that Martinez and Zeng Chunlei will fully fix it. :S

Bartsch's performance last night gave me the flashes of Mari in Athens '04, killing everything all match long and simply not being able to finish it off. Anyway, Novara should have never lost two sets, they're still quite unbalanced.

And OMG, those stats for Modena. Caterina Bosetti :|

• When is Malinov gonna be ready to play again? Bergamo is such a mess without her.

There`s a very promising young OPP Italian in Legano, Camila Mingard, she`s 20 and 1.86cm. She was also scoring over 20 points in friendly games.

• The first round was a huge disappointment with only 2 good games (Busto vs Novara and Fireze vs Monza). And the teams that won is not even like they played well, some other teams simply showed some awful performances, they all seamed just not to be ready to play.

It is early on but I already see a huge gap from Novara/Conegliano to the rest.

• Matthias and Kk15... what stats I could find, Diouf was second on the team with points just behind Bartsch. But she had 10 errors. I couldn't finds stats to show how many total attempts she had but you would think she would but more balls away then she does. And she had no block because they kept hitting to the right of her block. I don't know, I just expect better than how she plays. I do appreciate your comments though.

• 1st round

Pomì Casalmaggiore - Imoco Conegliano 0-3
    Pavan 11, Guerra 8, Stevanovic 7 / Easy 14 (59%), Hill 11, Folie 9
    CASALMAGGIORE without Lo Bianco and Martinez, CONEGLIANO without Fabris and Bricio

Igor Gorgonzola Novara - Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio 3-2
    Egonu 30, Gibbemeyer 14, Plak 14 / Bartsch 27, Diouf 21, Berti 14
    NOVARA without Enright

Liu•Jo Nordmeccanica Modena - Savino Del Bene Scandicci 0-3
    Barun 11, Heyrman 6, Montano 3 / Haak 18, Bianchini 13, Adenizia 11
    SCANDICCI without De La Cruz

Il Bisonte Firenze - Saugella Monza 3-1
    Sorokaite 28, Tirozzi 19, Pietrelli 10/ Begic 19, Dixon 13, Ortolani 12
    FIRENZE without Santana, MONZA without Hancock

Lardini Filottrano - Mycicero Pesaro 3-1
    Tomsia 23, Mitchem 17, Scuka 13 / Van Hecke 15, Bokan 11, Aelbrecht 10
    PESARO without Nizetich

Sab Legnano - Foppapedretti Bergamo 3-0
    Mingardi 19 (71%), Newcombe 12, Pencova 11 / Malagurski 12, Acosta 10, Marcon 4
    BERGAMO without Malinov and Sylla

• what happened to andrea drews? she's supposed to be the "star" in the team. but mingardi seems to be fine.

• what happened to andrea drews? she's supposed to be the "star" in the team. but mingardi seems to be fine.

Foppa is really mediocre this year, especially without Malinov and Sylla. Probably aginst better teams Mingardi won't be enough and Drews will play instead...we will see.

• Poor Bosetti, she`s a Italian National Team member and she`s playing at home, but she will spend her whole season on the bench, unless DeLacrus is having a really bad night. Great news for the ITA NT.

Pavan is showing you can`t play beach and indoor at the same time. She`s been awful.

If Pomi really wanted to win the tittle this season they should have tired really hard to sign Antonjevic. And now that Lo Bianco is out I would even have gone with Zikvovic if I was them, Rondon won`t work for them, even the Canadian that just joined the team played better than her.

Starcevic is simply AWFUL, Chunlei should have been starting over her.

Haak was really good. She really can do everything. But Carlini can`t set the middles properly and the few times she tried she ended up making errs, and Adenizia was a scoring machine last season ( with ROndon :white: )

Adenizia brings so much energy and she cheers on all her teammates.

Poor Stevanovic :bump:

• Poor Bosetti, she`s a Italian National Team member and she`s playing at home, but she will spend her whole season on the bench, unless DeLacrus is having a really bad night. Great news for the ITA NT.

Bosetti didn't play today due to a muscular problem. I expect her to start over Bianchini once she's healthy.

• Bosetti didn't play today due to a muscular problem. I expect her to start over Bianchini once she's healthy.

You are right, I did not think about that. But even that way, another young promising Italian will spend another season on the bench ( Bianchini benched for Brakocevic last season).