Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Vakif is not that unbeatable, if you check stats and watched the match, their serve receive looked terrible. Any team who can serve well and has a good block-defense against Zhu can lock them badly, since Naz sets only to Zhu when the receiving is bad.

Im sure FB will be a much better team once the injuries are over but I don't think Natalia will be as efficient as last year. Having KYK in your opposite is not only a relief in serve receive but also she is such a threat to opponents in attacking that they have to keep an eye her, while Natalia could score freely. Now Natalia is the one that opponents will keep an eye on and we might watch Rahimova taking Natalia's role from last year.

It was Kelsey's first match and she didnt do well with the Mikasa ball so far in receiving. Lets see how good she will receive against Turkish league serves :cheesy:

• Vakif is not that unbeatable, if you check stats and watched the match, their serve receive looked terrible. Any team who can serve well and has a good block-defense against Zhu can lock them badly, since Naz sets only to Zhu when the receiving is bad.

Im sure FB will be a much better team once the injuries are over but I don't think Natalia will be as efficient as last year. Having KYK in your opposite is not only a relief in serve receive but also she is such a threat to opponents in attacking that they have to keep an eye her, while Natalia could score freely. Now Natalia is the one that opponents will keep an eye on and we might watch Rahimova taking Natalia's role from last year.

It was Kelsey's first match and she didnt do well with the Mikasa ball so far in receiving. Lets see how good she will receive against Turkish league serves :cheesy:

I agree. But in turkish league, only rasic can slow down zhuting !I think immoco volley and igor novara are two biggest opponents for vakifbank to win champions league this year! Fener or galatasaray will even lose to these two italian teams this year. Let us wait and see how many trophies can vakifbank get this year~~~ :teach:

• I would be happy if see not just one but two matches between Vakif and Imoco.
    This two teams are for sure the most strongest teams this season...

• I think FB is already way too underrated this season just because they lost 3-0 vs Vakif with injuries and a joke team on court. KYK is gone, Rahimova is supposed to take attacking lead this season and I'm more then sure she can get the job done when she finds chemistry with the setters in a few weeks. Mia Jerkov can pass and defend decently and can take the defending role Kim had. Natalia can attack and defend great. Mia was injured and still did a decent job passing last match not too mention she is a smart attacker and can contribute in offense as well. Mia Jerkov, Natalia are balanced OH's and very good ones as well. Rahimova is an attacking monster. Fener has two amazing liberos (best of league imo) and they have Eda Erdem and even Dicle is not bad.

• You are right, Fenerbahce has very good team. Reading your comments about Jerkov reception people would think that She has the same reception as Kosheleva. Mia Jerkov is very good reciver not the best, and yes She can make mistakes but overall very good receiver.

Fener will be even stronger in CL BUT I still think that Vakif and Imoco have better team same as Novara. BUT again it is to early to say 100%, this is only for now. We will see how will everyone developed as TEAM. Volleyball is team sport so that is the most important.

• Season opener is tomorrow HALKBANK-VAKIFBANK and I see that TRT SPOR will stream.

And next day TRT Avaz will have BURSA B.ŞEHİR BLD.-FENERBAHÇE, but what about all the other games? is there any way to watch?

• 8| Am I missing something here, Kelsey Robinson, Zehra Güneş, Tuğba Şenoğlu. And imo some of these subs are/will become better then the main roster. I think VakifBank this season has a very elite bench. I just hope they won't be wasted in the bench...

8| Am I missing something here, Kelsey Robinson, Zehra Güneş, Tuğba Şenoğlu. And imo some of these subs are/will become better then the main roster. I think VakifBank this season has a very elite bench. I just hope they won't be wasted in the bench...

Zehra and Tugba are unproven against elite competitions, so we will see. (Zehra while has great block height, is a bit slow against fast attacks. Tugba can have trouble with high blocks unless Naz can set her fast). They should be played against bottom team in the league so they can grow.

• I know they use a different ball in Turkey than what they use in Italy. The ball is more difficult to receive in Turkey I think and the stats mostly show that.

I think the FIVB and CEV play with the balls used in Italy as well but I'm not sure, maybe another poster knows.

• Ugh come on what did you expect? Game is in Ankara and home team is Halkbank, it is simply not a famous club so we shouldn't expect full arenas with them. Fener, Ecz, Gala, Vakif do better and even Canakkale Seramiksan Bursa BJK etc have nice fans. But don"t expect a Halkbank match in full arena thats just stupid sorry. :hit:

Edit: there is still a nice amount of people for Halbank tbh not bad at all for them!

• Wilma Salas :drink: I just love her spikes. Hoping Halkbank can use her more next set if they can fix reception. Rachel Sanchez Perez was good too. Kelsey Robinson was a disaster in set 1 but she is still very new to this team and league so we can't immediately expect her at her best ofc, need a few more weeks for that.

• Wilma Salas :drink: I just love her spikes. Hoping Halkbank can use her more next set if they can fix reception. Rachel Sanchez Perez was good too. Kelsey Robinson was a disaster in set 1 but she is still very new to this team and league so we can't immediately expect her at her best ofc, need a few more weeks for that.

Yes Kelsey was bad, but to be fair her connection with Naz was really bad.. to me it was like she was always late for the ball, or it was to fast for her (whatever you wanna call it) I'm confident she'll find her game pretty soon

• Vakifbank VS Halkbank

Zhu 18 kills 2 serves 1 block, attack success rate 62% efficiency 62%
    Slöetjes 10 kills 3 serves 2 blocks, attack success rate 38.64% efficiency 15.28%
    Robinson 6 kills 1 block, attack success rate 35.29% efficiency 17.65%

Robinson's passing is very good today though, I think 72%. Hopefully she will have better game with Naz soon.

• Robinson is a good sub for Vakifbank, nothing more than that.