Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I got a PM from a user, but since the PM system on this site is not great and I'm not sure if my reply went through, I am going to leave my reply here.

TRT Spor seems to be blocked in some countries like the UK, but youtube streams will become available when the match starts, so there is always still a way to watch the matches.

• I got a PM from a user, but since the PM system on this site is not great and I'm not sure if my reply went through, I am going to leave my reply here.

TRT Spor seems to be blocked in some countries like the UK, but youtube streams will become available when the match starts, so there is always still a way to watch the matches.

Mine is also broken, I got that message.. I suggest googling TRT Spor Canli, and open a link from some streaming website. It works for me

• someone sent me a private message and asked me if i could watch trt spor or not?...i think private message unit is having a problem atm (fatal error) ..im answering from here: yes i can watch trt spor without any problem

• interview with giovanni guidetti for my twitter (@voleiturquia)

1- why vakifbank did not receive the final four?

@Gio1315 : we didn't ask for the final four, we were not interested on this organization!

2- why ebrar karakurt not played in vakifbank A this season?

@Gio1315 : Young players have tô move step by step! She had Very important season with coach bosetti and she played in Second league! Perfect!

3- 3- what are the goals for the end of the club season?
    @Gio1315 : goals for vakifbank is awalys to Win every match

4- many were surprised by neriman, gozde and neslihan in your list. Do you expect these players in the world championship? And naz and eda? Only in world championship also?

@Gio1315 : a National team coach have always to try to have the best player of the nation in the team

5- what are your criteria when calling 29 players?

@Gio1315 : the best players of the league, the players that perfomed better, the players that played mostly and some Young talents.

6- we Will many players of A2 league. Is this an answer becouse many players in a1 are unfortunately back up at big teams?

@Gio1315 : correct! I Will give space to players that prefer playing in Second league instead of sitting in the bench in the First league.

7- 3+1 rule in turkey is bad for National team?

@Gio1315 : 3+1 is Very bad becouse means that 90% of the club are choosing 3 Foreigner spiker. 2+1 for sure 1-2 turkish spiker are playing, foregners free means the Young players Will not find anymore space in the bench.

8- How do you expect to play in nations league?

@Gio1315 : we Will loose a Lot, hopefully we Will learn a Lot

8- you were praising saliha sahin for having played in the A2 league as starter. @YagmurMislina follow your exemple. Do you advise the players to go play as a starter?

@Gio1315 : absolutely YES

9- for you What else do you need to chance in turkish volleyball?

@Gio1315 : the foreigners rule and menthality of familly and players agent: they want money immediately instead of Think how to creste a better player.

10- about new players, how do you expect these players to tske advantage of this opportunity?

@Gio1315 : those Young players Will have amazing chances this Summer!!!!! To them decide How to use It!

• 2+1 foreign players is not as good a change as it seems...

Turkey does not have enough local talent to support 12 teams...Quality of the league will hit a major blow.
    Take Fenerbahçe or Galatasaray, these teams have local stars Eda&Neslihan who are at the end of their career, and they can barely keep up with Vakıf&Vitra.
    Who are gonna replace those players? and then be competitive with 2 foreigners...

Guidetti is selfish and thinks only for his club...He has the best young local talent (Cansu, Zehra, Ebrar, Tuğba, Derya)
    The responsibility is ON HİM, not the rest of the league, to grow those players...
    He does not have to play with 3 foreigners because he is allowed to...

He has the World's best player, Zhu Ting, who is practically a team on her own...
    He can play with 5 locals alongside Zhu and can still be competitive both home and abroad...

• Well it is no surprise Guidetti suggesting 2 plus 1 system when Gözde is retiring at the end of this year. Why did not he suggest the same system 3-4 years ago? I think all Guidetti cares is Vakifbank :down:

• Well it is no surprise Guidetti suggesting 2 plus 1 system when Gözde is retiring at the end of this year. Why did not he suggest the same system 3-4 years ago? I think all Guidetti cares is Vakifbank :down:

I think because he is the national coach of turkey women volleyball now . I think guddetti knows that he and turkey national team will lose a lot this year. In order to avoid the big failure in his career( turkey natioanl team can not qualify for the next olympic game), i think 2+1 is good for turkey volleyball in my opinion! :win:

In my opinion, guddetti will call all the best local players in turkey to come to vakifbank in the future! Like 2015-2016, three dutch players (robin, slotejes,anna bijs played as starters in vakifbank. The club will become the best place to train the national team players. :teach:

It is good for them to train with zhuting,milena rasic and etc.... the best and future opponent in olympic game if guddetti aims for a medal in olympics. :lol:

• @Gio1315 : a National team coach have always to try to have the best player of the nation in the team

So funny that he says that now. He used to say he would call young players instead of old ones :whistle:

• If he actually let all these old(er) players play the big tournaments that would be truly lame, didn't he say that he didn't call them at all and that they wouldn't play like a week or 2 ago? :aww: his one word doesn't match the other one. It is 2018 already Olympics will be in 2 years, qualifications are even more close. Letting Gözde and Neslihan play will be completely useless especially since they really want to retire themselves anyway and lack motivation for another bunch of years.

Also it was a mistake for him to not call some players that actually might be needed like Fatma, she maybe didnt had the best season however she was the best in her team in all aspects of the game when it mattered the most in Challenge cup final. Instead of calling experienced players who want to retire so badly he could have called players like her. I didn't say much of it in the beginning bcs I just wanted to let him do his thing this time without being so judgeworthy. Lets see what he will actually come up with since you can never be sure with him I guess :rolll:

• Changing foreigner rule should be a long term plan. Most teams design their teams for the existing rule, so they don't invest on local players. If teams know that in 3-4 years the rule will change to 2 plus 1, then they can invest on U18 locals now, transfer them and make them ready before the change happens.

Guidetti is a smart man, he knows he has Zehra, Kubra, Ebrar, Naz, Cansu Özbay, Tugba, Derya, Gizem Örge and Ayca who are probably the best locals in their positions in the coming years. So he can simply use 2 foreigner spots for OHs and still make a very competitive team. However his competitors, for example Eczacibasi rely heavily on Boskovic, Ognjenovic and Larson, while Eczaci's local middles are not promising either, except Yasemin Guveli. With 2 plus 1 rule, Eczacibasi will be much weaker. Or look at FB, they had to transfer Damla & Ezgi who were playing in Division 1 the year before to complete their roster and now they are using Damla as OH. Imagine how hard it will be for them to design a good team with 2 plus 1 rule. Only reliable locals of them are Dicle & Eda.

I think all teams except Vakifbank and other lower ranked teams focusing on younger players like Karayollari, will resist to this change. It will sure kill the quality of Turkish league as well for the sake of Vakifbank securing the champion title for 2-3 years in a row :wall:

• If he actually let all these old(er) players play the big tournaments that would be truly lame, didn't he say that he didn't call them at all and that they wouldn't play like a week or 2 ago? his one word doesn't match the other one. It is 2018 already Olympics will be in 2 years, qualifications are even more close. Letting Gözde and Neslihan play will be completely useless especially since they really want to retire themselves anyway and lack motivation for another bunch of years.

Or maybe Gozde and Neslihan will be more motivated to end their career on a high, they can put everything into the WCH because it will be their last tournament. You're right that he doesn't really seem to be thinking about the future, even if he says he is, but the World Championship is a very important event, not just practice for the Olympics. So I get why he would want to use his best players to try and achieve the best possible result at the WCH.

• I also find this opinion quite hypocritical of Guidetti. On the other hand, I think 4 foreigners should be allowed to play instead of 3+1. Local players become very expensive because of this rule. I don't buy the excuse of young players can not play because of this rule. Naz, Eda, Neslihan, Kubra they all play as starter throughout their career. If a player is talented, she always finds a spot to play or they can simply play in lower ranking teams in first division or top teams of second division. Besides, there is always an option to play abroad (as Neriman did in Uralochka when Eczacibasi didn't play with her as starter).

About the veterans being in the roster for WCh; I am totally positive about it. Especially Neriman is still so young and has a lot to give to the team. Also it could also be nice farewell to both Gozde and Neslihan.

• Changing foreigner rule should be a long term plan. Most teams design their teams for the existing rule, so they don't invest on local players. If teams know that in 3-4 years the rule will change to 2 plus 1, then they can invest on U18 locals now, transfer them and make them ready before the change happens.

Guidetti is a smart man, he knows he has Zehra, Kubra, Ebrar, Naz, Cansu Özbay, Tugba, Derya, Gizem Örge and Ayca who are probably the best locals in their positions in the coming years. So he can simply use 2 foreigner spots for OHs and still make a very competitive team. However his competitors, for example Eczacibasi rely heavily on Boskovic, Ognjenovic and Larson, while Eczaci's local middles are not promising either, except Yasemin Guveli. With 2 plus 1 rule, Eczacibasi will be much weaker. Or look at FB, they had to transfer Damla & Ezgi who were playing in Division 1 the year before to complete their roster and now they are using Damla as OH. Imagine how hard it will be for them to design a good team with 2 plus 1 rule. Only reliable locals of them are Dicle & Eda.

I think all teams except Vakifbank and other lower ranked teams focusing on younger players like Karayollari, will resist to this change. It will sure kill the quality of Turkish league as well for the sake of Vakifbank securing the champion title for 2-3 years in a row :wall:

Well,I will say ecz vitra also has enough money to invest. Ecz vitra also bought lots of good local players from fenerbache and galatasaray this season. I think if it is 2+1, the champion will be decided between vakifbank and ecz vitra in the following years. There is no way for fenerbache and galatasaray to chanllenge it because of the budget! :teach:

Anyway it does not matter, the budget works in long term. No matter 2+1 or 3+1, ecz vitra and vakifbank have bigger chance to get the champion every year! :lol:

• as a fan of Zhu,the next season is very unsure for zhu if she will stay in vakif. she has a high salary now.and few clubs can pay for it.but if she still stay in vakif,it will not have too much chanllenge for her.and she will have high pressure because Gui want to train more local players and they are not too tanlented for me.Gui wants to have a good results again but he is so selfish and not like Jenny Lang Ping who is so great as a coach .Jenny is talented and smart people .and she also has good attitude.she takes national teams to Olympics finals three times.China-USA-China take a weak team to be a good team.Gui usually shows failure face when team faces diifficulties and dont have too many solutions.