Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Zhu and boskovic are two interesring players.they both have normal level in final and have super level in turkish cup.when the match end,both teams shake hands,zhu and boskovic often use two hands each other.they respect each other. to be honest,i dont want to see two good players hate each other .i love to see them to have good competitions and treasure they have each other as opponent during this time.volleyball fans can enjoy good matches when they play

• Zhu and boskovic are two interesring players.they both have normal level in final and have super level in turkish cup.when the match end,both teams shake hands,zhu and boskovic often use two hands each other.they respect each other. to be honest,i dont want to see two good players hate each other .i love to see them to have good competitions and treasure they have each other as opponent during this time.volleyball fans can enjoy good matches when they play

both are very sympathetic players..i get good energy from the posture of them on the court

• Yeah, she is not playing bad of course but we know she can do better. And today it was only in the 3rd set that she played OK at all. In the 2 games in the regular season vs Vakifbank she had 59% and 64%. I think ECZ need Boskovic to show this level to win game 5.

Already excited about game 5 :box: I hope we can see a great match and Eczacibasi win! :cheesy:

• Yes, I agree.

• we have another name which isnt pronounced correctly just like "Buijs"..lol : "Zhu"...some say it like "ju/jhu/jew ting"..some say " chu/chew ting" ..i saw some chinese fan wrote " 2HU Ting" in the gym.So Z should be pronounced like "t" of two
    :wacko:

• haha,in chinese ,many pronoucation is not clear when you use english letters to express chinese name.for eample . 陈 is a family name in china.when a man in mainland china, most people will use chen .but for chinese in hongkong ,taiwan or abroad,many people wil use Chan or Tan

• right.that is valid for many languages..Polish ,Dutch ,Russian and the others
    btw did i say that i like Japanese female names a lot they are so nice :D

How do you pronounciate "Buijs"? I'm sticking with "Zhu" as more closely like "chew"--which kind of has a "T" sound in it, not the French way of zzhhew, like most people say Bei-Zhing instead of Bei-Jing

The thing about Japanese pronounciations that I find interesting is that, in a three syllable name, english speakers accent the 2nd syllable ... sa-KUR-a, ki-MUR-a , whereas when I hear Japanese pronounciate them it's on the first syllable SAK-ur-a, KIM-ur-a ... maybe it's just sports announcing?

• 'Buijs' is really hard to explain for a non-Dutch person but I guess:

She buys a book.

It would sound pretty similar to buys in the given example.

I heard Baus, Bausch,BOO-ise (like french xD) but never have I heard it wven close to being right yet.

• How do you pronounciate "Buijs"? I'm sticking with "Zhu" as more closely like "chew"--which kind of has a "T" sound in it, not the French way of zzhhew, like most people say Bei-Zhing instead of Bei-Jing

The thing about Japanese pronounciations that I find interesting is that, in a three syllable name, english speakers accent the 2nd syllable ... sa-KUR-a, ki-MUR-a , whereas when I hear Japanese pronounciate them it's on the first syllable SAK-ur-a, KIM-ur-a ... maybe it's just sports announcing?

every commentator pronounces it differently..

as beri just said..its pronunciation is close to "buys" of english..yet not the same..a slight difference stands there btw them

• How do you pronounciate "Buijs"? I'm sticking with "Zhu" as more closely like "chew"--which kind of has a "T" sound in it, not the French way of zzhhew, like most people say Bei-Zhing instead of Bei-Jing

I pronounce it like somewhere between "boys" and "buys" but I'm not really sure if this is right.

As for the Japanese names it's not just sports announcing. In my (very limited) dealings with Japanese people they always put the stress on the first syllable of the name.

• Polish surnames are still the worst. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I pronounce it like somewhere between "boys" and "buys" but I'm not really sure if this is right.

As for the Japanese names it's not just sports announcing. In my (very limited) dealings with Japanese people they always put the stress on the first syllable of the name.

I pronounce it like somewhere between "boys" and "buys" but I'm not really sure if this is right.

Type BUIS in at google translate at the Dutch language, click on the speaker and you get your answer how to pronounce her name :thumbsup: