You are not logged in.

world volleyball coaches show 2018 header

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Yesterday, 10:32pm

right.that is valid for many languages..Polish ,Dutch ,Russian and the others
btw did i say that i like Japanese female names a lot they are so nice :D

How do you pronounciate "Buijs"? I'm sticking with "Zhu" as more closely like "chew"--which kind of has a "T" sound in it, not the French way of zzhhew, like most people say Bei-Zhing instead of Bei-Jing

The thing about Japanese pronounciations that I find interesting is that, in a three syllable name, english speakers accent the 2nd syllable ... sa-KUR-a, ki-MUR-a , whereas when I hear Japanese pronounciate them it's on the first syllable SAK-ur-a, KIM-ur-a ... maybe it's just sports announcing?
I pronounce it like somewhere between "boys" and "buys" but I'm not really sure if this is right.

As for the Japanese names it's not just sports announcing. In my (very limited) dealings with Japanese people they always put the stress on the first syllable of the name.

About me: Favorite teams: M: USA, Serbia, Italy,Russia, Perugia, PGE Skra, Taubate W: Brazil, Japan, Serbia, wherever club Queen Sheilla is at...

"Be careful how you treat people. What you do to others has a funny way of coming back on you..."

Yesterday, 10:47pm

Polish surnames are still the worst. :gone:
Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

Favourite Team: Vakifbank, eczacibasi, imoco volley conegliano, igor gorgonzola novara, the Netherlands (NT W), Brazil (NT W), Serbia (NT W), USA (NT W)

Favourite Players: de Kruijf, Sloëtjes, Plak, Pilon-Stam, Thaísa, Ognjenović, Rašić, Adams, Hill, Zhu Ting, Castillo

Yesterday, 10:48pm

How do you pronounciate "Buijs"? I'm sticking with "Zhu" as more closely like "chew"--which kind of has a "T" sound in it, not the French way of zzhhew, like most people say Bei-Zhing instead of Bei-Jing

The thing about Japanese pronounciations that I find interesting is that, in a three syllable name, english speakers accent the 2nd syllable ... sa-KUR-a, ki-MUR-a , whereas when I hear Japanese pronounciate them it's on the first syllable SAK-ur-a, KIM-ur-a ... maybe it's just sports announcing?
I pronounce it like somewhere between "boys" and "buys" but I'm not really sure if this is right.

As for the Japanese names it's not just sports announcing. In my (very limited) dealings with Japanese people they always put the stress on the first syllable of the name.

Type BUIS in at google translate at the Dutch language, click on the speaker and you get your answer how to pronounce her name :thumbsup:

arrekusu

Trainee

• "arrekusu" is male

Favourite Team: China NT, Serbia NT, Italy NT, Brazil NT

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Xu Yunli, Yuan Xinyue, Milena Rašić, Tijana Bošković, Neslihan Demir, Kubra Akman, Kim Yeon Koung, Kimberly Hill, Alisha Glass, Kimura Saori

Yesterday, 11:32pm

we have another name which isnt pronounced correctly just like "Buijs"..lol : "Zhu"...some say it like "ju/jhu/jew ting"..some say " chu/chew ting" ..i saw some chinese fan wrote " 2HU Ting" in the gym.So Z should be pronounced like "t" of two
:wacko:
No 2HU is because her shirt number in Chinese NT is No. 2.

arrekusu

Trainee

• "arrekusu" is male

Favourite Team: China NT, Serbia NT, Italy NT, Brazil NT

Favourite Players: Zhu Ting, Xu Yunli, Yuan Xinyue, Milena Rašić, Tijana Bošković, Neslihan Demir, Kubra Akman, Kim Yeon Koung, Kimberly Hill, Alisha Glass, Kimura Saori

Yesterday, 11:34pm

My gosh, the fifth match will take place one day ahead of the original schedule. Challenging schedule. :white:

Sisko95

Professional

• "Sisko95" is male

Favourite Players: Ognjenovic, Brakocevic, Blagojevic, Boskovic, Skowronska, Werblinska, Eda, Dani Lins, Fabiana, Gamze, Neslihan, Babeshina, Sawicka, Tomkom, Castillo, Kim, Sloetjes

Today, 12:11am

Why did they change the schedule??? I can't watch at that time :wall: :wall: :wall:

akiyaLai

Volleyball Lover TW

• "akiyaLai" is female

Today, 4:00am

Interesting discuss :thumbup:

I pronounce "Buijs" like the Dutch pronunciation of Google Translate.

Japanese language pronunciation mostly based on Gojūon(aka fifty sounds). wiki
Each kana corresponds to one sound (ex: a, i, u, e, o, ka, ki, ku, ke, ko ... etc)
The case above, it should be SA KU RA and KI MU RA.
Btw, R in Japanese sounds like L in English for me
***** My Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/lifeisvolley *****

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "akiyaLai" (Today, 4:07am)

• "maeloveyang" is female

About me: a girl who loves volleyball and economics.

Favourite Team: vakifbank,galatasary,NT china,NT brasil

Favourite Players: ZHuTing,Boskovic,Kosheleva,Rasic,Yang Hanyu,Lin Li,Natalia,Gabi

Today, 4:24am

i know chinese,english ,and korean and a little japanese and french and thai. about japanese,its esay to pronouncation.and korean is also easy.chinese is a little hard in prronouncation .the most difficult about chinese is one simple character has its own meaning and when it groups with other characters,meaning will change .but i se many famuous people or players make chinese character as tatoos.but these words meaning often make me laugh.for chinese people,its easy to learn japanese and korean,because there are many same words. haha as for Buijs,we translate in chinese and pronounce BU- I- J -S

Today, 4:38am

Weird substitution. Let's hope it will not change the big picture...
It was insane. The team had a comfortable lead and was a few points away from the victory. Why should change??? The subsitution just broke the rhythm of the whole team. Luckily, Guidetti put cansu back when it was not too late. The substitution might have costed vakifbank a set, a match and even the trophy.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tsangr" (Today, 6:45am)

Maxwell

Intermediate

Favourite Team: USANT

Today, 7:49am

The match was so lopsided I wonder if it was done on purpose to take it to five