Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I pronounce it like somewhere between "boys" and "buys" but I'm not really sure if this is right.

As for the Japanese names it's not just sports announcing. In my (very limited) dealings with Japanese people they always put the stress on the first syllable of the name.

Interesting discuss :thumbup:

I pronounce "Buijs" like the Dutch pronunciation of Google Translate.

Japanese language pronunciation mostly based on Gojūon(aka fifty sounds). wiki
    Each kana corresponds to one sound (ex: a, i, u, e, o, ka, ki, ku, ke, ko ... etc)
    The case above, it should be SA(low) KU(high) RA(high) and KI(low) MU(high) RA(high).
    Btw, R in Japanese sounds like L in English for me

• i know chinese,english ,and korean and a little japanese and french and thai. about japanese,its esay to pronouncation.and korean is also easy.chinese is a little hard in prronouncation .the most difficult about chinese is one simple character has its own meaning and when it groups with other characters,meaning will change .but i se many famuous people or players make chinese character as tatoos.but these words meaning often make me laugh.for chinese people,its easy to learn japanese and korean,because there are many same words. haha as for Buijs,we translate in chinese and pronounce BU- I- J -S

• Weird substitution. Let's hope it will not change the big picture...

It was insane. The team had a comfortable lead and was a few points away from the victory. Why should change??? The subsitution just broke the rhythm of the whole team. Luckily, Guidetti put cansu back when it was not too late. The substitution might have costed vakifbank a set, a match and even the trophy.

• Literally that would have 0 benefits for both teams so I don't know why you guys see it as a possibility. If it was for ticket sales; it is not like there are 30k ppl watching the match lol, it is not even a full hall. Why would EczV risk losing what they have been working for all season? 5 games literally have no benefits for either team, VB still needs to play CL which Gözde said she wants that as her final trophy so why would she risk tiring her whole team? Also individually it is terrible for players; NT season is like just around the corner. Those are two of the best teams in the world just takes a few players not playing with their 100% for a complete choke. VB played with a new line up yesterday, completely fresh and with a new setter (new soul, brain etc)

Honestly stop looking for conspiracy theories each match, I am rooting for EczV but if you have watched the match you could clearly see they had no chance yesterday and couldn't keep up with VB energy, quickness. These players and teams invest millions and in no world they are going to risk all that for... Nothing? :aww:

• What a ridiculous suggestion. Vakifbank played better than Eczacibasi yesterday, it's as simple as that. Sometimes even great players play bad games.

Do you really think a team of elite players who have shown their passion and determination in the previous 2 matches are going to just let the other team win? Why would they want to make it more difficult for themselves?

Honestly this makes no sense, as Beri said no team would benefit from this and just needlessly questions the integrity of these teams :down:

• Literally that would have 0 benefits for both teams so I don't know why you guys see it as a possibility. If it was for ticket sales; it is not like there are 30k ppl watching the match lol, it is not even a full hall. Why would EczV risk losing what they have been working for all season? 5 games literally have no benefits for either team, VB still needs to play CL which Gözde said she wants that as her final trophy so why would she risk tiring her whole team? Also individually it is terrible for players; NT season is like just around the corner. Those are two of the best teams in the world just takes a few players not playing with their 100% for a complete choke. VB played with a new line up yesterday, completely fresh and with a new setter (new soul, brain etc)

Honestly stop looking for conspiracy theories each match, I am rooting for EczV but if you have watched the match you could clearly see they had no chance yesterday and couldn't keep up with VB energy, quickness. These players and teams invest millions and in no world they are going to risk all that for... Nothing? :aww:

Totally agree. Comparing to the investments of both teams, the ticket revenue is nothing. With huge investments, what they want is just the trophy. Neither teams is willing to take risk of losing the champion for just small ticket revenue.

• The MB Raphaela Folie of Conegliano is injured. It looks like she is seriouly hurted and can't play in the final phase of Champions League against Vakifbank.

she makes me think of last year. when china vs italy in fivb volleyball world grand prix,zhu was injured suddenly.she said to the judges to hurry up.seemed cant wait zhu to move to bench.i dont like her for that thing

• she makes me think of last year. when china vs italy in fivb volleyball world grand prix,zhu was injured suddenly.she said to the judges to hurry up.seemed cant wait zhu to move to bench.i dont like her for that thing

This is not a good thing to say to someone who just got an injury. Please try to be a little more empathetic.

About that incident in WGP, It was Zhu's hand that got injured if I recall it correctly. It's only natural that she can walk in spite of the pain.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• This is not a good thing to say to someone who just got an injury. Please try to be a little more empathetic.

About that incident in WGP, It was Zhu's hand that got injured if I recall it correctly. It's only natural that she can walk in spite of the pain.

for me ,i am not a palyer.i feel bad about her injury,because i know players are very difficult to train,play match. also,i dont like her because what she did in the court.as a player,she also needs to think of zhu when zhu get injured suddenly. or not show a cool face to make zhu hury up

• What do you guys think, realistically, what would happen were Tijana Boskovic to play for VakifBank instead of Sloetjes? Would VakifBank lose a single match in a season? How many sets where both Boskovic and Zhu are playing would they lose in a season?

I personally think something like that would be unfair, and were it to come up as a possibility, I think the League itself should step up and forbid it (something like when NBA forbid Chris Paul to move to Kobe Bryant's Lakers). It would be a closest thing that modern volleyball would have to a cheat code.

• What do you guys think, realistically, what would happen were Tijana Boskovic to play for VakifBank instead of Sloetjes? Would VakifBank lose a single match in a season? How many sets where both Boskovic and Zhu are playing would they lose in a season?

I personally think something like that would be unfair, and were it to come up as a possibility, I think the League itself should step up and forbid it (something like when NBA forbid Chris Paul to move to Kobe Bryant's Lakers). It would be a closest thing that modern volleyball would have to a cheat code.have mor

i dont think boskovic will play for vakifbank.i dont know where did you listen to it.but before zhu went to turkey first year,this thing was likely to happen. but now its difficult because both of zhu and boskovic have improved a lot and have more good results.maybe its fate.in 2016,ecza manager kept kosheleva to refuse zhu. now though zhu sigh her contract every single year,but wherever zhu will stay,its difficult to let ecza to let boskovic go to other club.and we (volleyball fans here or p around the world) love to see zhu VS boskovic no matter in NT or clubs.it was difficult to see their performance in turkey cup last year.that is so enjoyable to see best two players show their determination