Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Red card for Sloetjes who seems to have cursed something at that point, shocking. She is never loud or agressive really. Must be a first for her

I can only remember her being aggressive once before. Last season vs Eczacibasi but I think Kosheleva started it.

• I hope Sloetjes stays. Performance aside, she seems more committed and passionate than ever.

I've always supported Naz, and I still do, but I think this has to do with Cansu starting over Naz. Sloetjes feels Vansu trusts her more than Naz, she feels more important now.. Naz gave balls to every teammate of course, but Zhu was her go-to girl. Slotjes had that role in Vakif in the past. Now Cansu sets her more and she's more motivated

• Vakif tried to give that point to Ecza but Boskovic didn't want it

:lol:

I don't get why Boskovic often looks like a frightened child.

• I love the Dutch girl. And I must say, not as a fan of Zhu Ting--I'm not at all--in terms of willpower Zhu crushes Boskovic

• Boskovic never entered the court, Zhu did. So congrats VB for being well deserved champions of 2017-2018 VVSL. It is the official 10th time now that VB got this championship. EczV has had 16.

My dream team: (at least)
    MVP: Cansu Özbay (or best setter WORST case bcs she deserves it)
    Best OH: Zhu Ting/Gözde
    Best Libero: Gizem
    Best Opp: Sloetjes.

Those are musts imo, lets see

• Boskovic is so unlucky. In the previous eras, she would have dominated even Sheilla or Gamova as the best opposite in the world but Sheilla and Gamova are lucky not to meet an anomaly like Zhu Ting during their primes. Zhu Ting's position as an Outside Hitter means she's a mismatch against her especially with the block. There are just too many good opposites nowadays that the level is not that far off from other opposites but Zhu Ting is a once in a hundred year talent that may never come again for any nation except China. :obey:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to Vakifbank

I said before the game that Boskovic needs to play better than the previous matches, but today she played one of the worst games I've ever seen from her.

I don't think Cansu should be MVP. She played well, but she was on the bench for most of the season. 2 good games doesn't make you an MVP imo.

• Well she was the most valueable player as she basically cchanged the whole team after being 2-1 down in series. Being the most valueable player in this series does classify her to be MVP imho

• I don't think Cansu should be MVP. She played well, but she was on the bench for most of the season. 2 good games doesn't make you an MVP imo.

If the MVP is awarded for best player of the finals, I'd give it to her for sure.