Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• do you think Vakıf keeps Robinson and considers as Gözde's replacement ?

Actually I was thinking the same. Robinson is a very solid receiver and can do the Gözde's job. Guidetti trusts Meryem in NT so maybe Vakifbank can use Meryem and Rasic in Turkish league .Zhu-Robinson-Meryem looks fine to me. However it must be hard to convince Sloetjes just play in CL.

• Actually I was thinking the same. Robinson is a very solid receiver and can do the Gözde's job. Guidetti trusts Meryem in NT so maybe Vakifbank can use Meryem and Rasic in Turkish league .Zhu-Robinson-Meryem looks fine to me. However it must be hard to convince Sloetjes just play in CL.

what Robinson lacks unlike Gözde could be leadership on the courth.she looks prety a "polite" woman on the courth :D
    i dont think Lonneke would accept that

• do you think Vakıf keeps Robinson and considers as Gözde's replacement ?

Vakifbank will definitely need to find at least two high quality OHs for next year. They had Zhu/Hill and Zhu/Robinson in addition to Gozde last two years. I think most likely they will keep Robinson, just because Robinson already understands the system and they don't many good options out there. I think they will re-sign Robinson and bring in another local OH.

Keeping Rasic is almost a no-brainer, all the top teams need to have 3 good MBs. Rasic is a great server and defender in addition to her elite blocking skill.

• The 2nd set when the point was 22 - 22 Byeza did a free spike after Gozde dug Boskovic's spike. Gozde was mad as hell and screamed at her team mate. She is a fierce captain, the kinda captain everyone needs in court. If she truly retires, then it is a sad day for Turkey volleyball in general. But if she retires, everyone will say she retires on the top. Trhoughout the final series, she is the glue that keeps the team together with her amazing digs and leadership skills.

Cansu is like the Vakifbank's version of Roberta back in 2015. A true game changer.

And Lonneke -- you can see the fire in her eyes in the last 2 games. 1 thing I realize about her is that she is not necessarily the most powerful spiker like Zhu Ting and Boskovic, but she hits smart. She doesn't have that long arm swing, her wrist snaps is good and her ball contact is high. It is going to be hard to defend such an attacker.

And Zhu Ting -- what can I say. She truly is the best attacker in female volleyball right now. That one spike she did when she was down on her butt and quickly got up and hit it cross court and scored -- amazing. I have goose bumps all over.

Boskovic is a young player but somehow she is already a veteran on court because of all the attention she gets every time she is on court. Hopefully she learns from this season and grow more as a volleyball player.

I have a dream that one day the great three of our generation -- KYK, Zhu, and Boskovic will come to play to Brazil.

• Byeza did a free spike after Gozde dug Boskovic's spike. Gozde was mad as hell and screamed at her team mate

Honest question: What was she mad about and who was she mad at? She made a good dig that turned into an overpass so Byeza hammered it back. Was it that #18 should have blocked it?

Was she just upset with herself? Or the outcome of the point?

• I can't embed a youtube with a time stamp, but this link is queued up for the play:

https://youtu.be/YPFqnvbptBI?t=4704

Personally, I think Gozde looks lazy. She does a weird spider walk for a moment and then says "Oh shit, here comes the ball again". Sorry Gozde fans but that's what it looks like to me. She quits for a heartbeat on the way up and that cost her a point.

• Honest question: What was she mad about and who was she mad at? She made a good dig that turned into an overpass so Byeza hammered it back. Was it that #18 should have blocked it?

Was she just upset with herself? Or the outcome of the point?

I can see her did that "roof" blocking gesture so I am assuming she is screaming at the middle blocker at that point.

I honestly wanna know is this how she behaves all the time on court? I have no problem with it because I know some of my former team mates that have the same attitude. It keeps us on our feet all the time. And there was a moment where Gozde screamed at the libero as well when she was trying to dig Boskovic's tip but the libero got in the way and causing them point.

• I can see her did that "roof" blocking gesture so I am assuming she is screaming at the middle blocker at that point.

I honestly wanna know is this how she behaves all the time on court? I have no problem with it because I know some of my former team mates that have the same attitude. It keeps us on our feet all the time. And there was a moment where Gozde screamed at the libero as well when she was trying to dig Boskovic's tip but the libero got in the way and causing them point.

She does that a lot and I think a human being cannot scream at another like that no matter what. And she is a player herself, she is just selfish ignorant b*tch that has evil in herself. You can see it all the time. She screams, gets angry at others, pushes them. WTF?!! Yes she played great a few years but she is NOT the best Turkish player as some said. Playing with great players and achieving some championships with a brilliant coach does not make you best Turkish player, it makes you clever. Even Ayse Melis Gurkaynak has 3 CL medal and she is just pathetic.

I admire and respect Gozde for working so hard and becoming who she is today but you can see that she is a bad person, greedy but in a bad way. Screaming/throwing a look to the oppenent, objecting to the reff all the time, I don’t like those kind of things and I won’t miss them for sure.

• She does that a lot and I think a human being cannot scream at another like that no matter what. And she is a player herself, she is just selfish ignorant b*tch that has evil in herself. You can see it all the time. She screams, gets angry at others, pushes them. WTF?!! Yes she played great a few years but she is NOT the best Turkish player as some said. Playing with great players and achieving some championships with a brilliant coach does not make you best Turkish player, it makes you clever. Even Ayse Melis Gurkaynak has 3 CL medal and she is just pathetic.

I admire and respect Gozde for working so hard and becoming who she is today but you can see that she is a bad person, greedy but in a bad way. Screaming/throwing a look to the oppenent, objecting to the reff all the time, I don’t like those kind of things and I won’t miss them for sure.

I dont know why you hate her so much. when players on the court,they have much pressure.they need a way to make the stress out. I think gozde is a so passionate person when she was on the court.sometimes you saw her behavior is because she was fullly playing the match.she wants all players can focus on it.thats why she can be a captain and make those different players work together.many players scream to the oppenent,this is just on the court.but you said she is a bad greedy person,thats totally wrong. everyone has ones way to haddle different things.

• I dont know why you hate her so much. when players on the court,they have much pressure.they need a way to make the stress out. I think gozde is a so passionate person when she was on the court.sometimes you saw her behavior is because she was fullly playing the match.she wants all players can focus on it.thats why she can be a captain and make those different players work together.many players scream to the oppenent,this is just on the court.but you said she is a bad greedy person,thats totally wrong. everyone has ones way to haddle different things.

So do you think screaming to the people is totally right and it is good? I don’t agree witht that at all, I do even think that even coaches shouldn’t cream to their players, I don’t like violence and I won’t ever defend it, phisically or mentally.

If you think that is OK to scream at others, that is your problem.

• So do you think screaming to the people is totally right and it is good? I don’t agree witht that at all, I do even think that even coaches shouldn’t cream to their players, I don’t like violence and I won’t ever defend it, phisically or mentally.

If you think that is OK to scream at others, that is your problem.

You must be one of those "viewers", never a "player". You will never know how is it to be on court.

• I have a dream that one day the great three of our generation -- KYK, Zhu, and Boskovic will come to play to Brazil.

While that would be great, I'm not sure how realistic it would be for any of the Big 3 of today's female volleyball to play in Brazil while in their prime. Maybe after they pass it...

• Quoted from "akitoakie"

I have a dream that one day the great three of our generation -- KYK, Zhu, and Boskovic will come to play to Brazil.
    While that would be great, I'm not sure how realistic it would be for any of the Big 3 of today's female volleyball to play in Brazil while in their prime. Maybe after they pass it...

KYK has said that a few Turkish clubs had been in contact with her since her season finished in the Chinese league. There is a possibility that she could return to the Turkish league next season.
    So, probably not Brazil but we could well see the three of them playing in the same league again very soon.

• Gozde isn’t a player I am a fan of but I don’t think she is a horrible person. I don’t like her attitude on court either but I understand that is just how she is: very determined and intense and I have great respect for her. You don’t have to like her, but there’s no reason to insult her and hate on her.

• I think Gözde is a very very smart player and she reads volleyball very well on the court. It is frustrating for such a player to watch her teammates not making an action to stop what is next.

Funny thing is, I think almost all players she played with likes and respects her a lot. Gamze Alikaya of GS shared a story yesterday saying "Gözde, you are being loved" with Gözde's picture.

• Gozde isn’t a player I am a fan of but I don’t think she is a horrible person. I don’t like her attitude on court either but I understand that is just how she is: very determined and intense and I have great respect for her. You don’t have to like her, but there’s no reason to insult her and hate on her.

I don't hate her but I am not a fan. She annoys me sometimes with her attitude like she feels above it all considering the fact she only wins something in club volleyball and is just a one-club player with Vakifbank. Very KYK-ish personality on court but atleast KYK was considerered the best player in the world and she moves from club to club to challenge herself.

I still respect Gozde as a player but I just cannot be a fan.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I also don't like screaming and aggression, and Gozde does is neither of those two.. she usually does that 'thing' to the younger players (Orge, Kubra, Zehra, Cansu) and to be honest I haven't seen them make a gesture that they don't like it. We don't know what happens behind the scene.. Gozde is a great leader, great captain, so maybe she's 'allowed' to do that. Maybe that's how they work during practise, maybe the things she gets mad about, are thing they have talked about, and worked on in practice, so she's mad they're not following the plan. She's helping them a lot, I've noticed that especially with Orge since she became a starter over Karadayi.

• I don't hate her but I am not a fan. She annoys me sometimes with her attitude like she feels above it all considering the fact she only wins something in club volleyball and is just a one-club player with Vakifbank. Very KYK-ish personality on court but atleast KYK was considerered the best player in the world and she moves from club to club to challenge herself.

I still respect Gozde as a player but I just cannot be a fan.

Can you please stop downgrading her? Acting like she feels above all? B*tch where?
    There was a similar discussion about Logan a few years ago, and I've said the same thing then. Being a player who gives everything on court, being a player who can do it all, not just focus on one skill, being the 'glue' of the team, that demands taking things seriously and giving your best every single time no matter the circumstances. So when you do that, you expext the others around you to do that same thing..

• Can you please stop downgrading her? Acting like she feels above all? B*tch where?
    There was a similar discussion about Logan a few years ago, and I've said the same thing then. Being a player who gives everything on court, being a player who can do it all, not just focus on one skill, being the 'glue' of the team, that demands taking things seriously and giving your best every single time no matter the circumstances. So when you do that, you expext the others around you to do that same thing..

I've seen players like that with a different personality. She's a one club player and I am not a fan. Vakifbank would have it difficult to get a treble or a quadruple without Zhu Ting. Do you really think without the money Vakifbank can just rely on Gozde? Bich please. :gone:

I never downgraded her skills, I am just not a fan of hers. I just don't like her personality.. Get it? :teach:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney