Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Aw such a sad way to end such a competitive match. BJK showed us they are a real threat this season with their monster hitter Rykhliuk thats for sure. If Maja Tokarska finds more chemistry with the setter they may become really dangerous.

@rbdfabio I prefer this new serve as well for Boskovic. Sure, the other one looks cool and all but does more damage then good for her team in the end...

• I thought Tokarska played a good match. Rykhliuk had a solid match, also, but if Besiktas wants to achieve some success this season, they need her to play even better.

What can one say about Tijana...even with a setter that is obviously not using her properly, she dominates...a monster.

• Seramiksan - Bursa 3-2 Meryem with 24 points, Krsmanovic very good, Malesevic not visible through the match but let her experience speak in the tiebreak where she made tons of points and aces. Meryem+Bayramova+Malesevic+Krsmanovic can be really dangerous for top teams soon.

VakifBank - Beylikdüzü 2-2 tb :drink: I am still in shock over this one so don't know what to say really xD. Last set 13-25 :white:

• It seems that Zhu, Robinson and Lonneke are not playing...

• Zhu and Robinson are playing now.... only Sloetjes had not entered the court today. ( and Rasic)

So far Zhu is having a bad day, only 6/16

Robinson is only 1/9, she might be good for Italy, but her level is not yet for Turkey or a team like Vakifbank/

Let`s see if they will turn things around in the 5th set and Zhu will go turn into a beast as she always does.

Altinli - I checked the stats around the 3rd set and Malesevic was doing good offensively, but I was surprised to see that she finished the game with 17 points and still 45% in attack.

• More likely Robinson is just having a bad game. Most of the teams in Italy are easily stronger than Beylikduzu, she probably just needs some time adjusting to the new players, coach, etc.

• Thats why I'm so shocked, Beylikdüzü is also not Seramiksan, Bursa or BJK, Nilüfer. They are one of the 3 worst teams of the league. Seems VakifBank might have some trouble this season which I had already suspected to be honest. Eczacibasi looks more solid now.

• Robinso

That can be true, but still, she`s a vet by now with years of experience. Natalia and Zhu last season were their first season abroad and they showed good performances right away. I`m not really sure if the considered "weak" teams in Italy are any stronger than any Turkish teams. Even this Vakifbank bench should easily beat more than half of the Italian teams.

• Thats why I'm so shocked, Beylikdüzü is also not Seramiksan, Bursa or BJK, Nilüfer. They are one of the 3 worst teams of the league. Seems VakifBank might have some trouble this season which I had already suspected to be honest. Eczacibasi looks more solid now.

I disagree. Of course this match is shocking, but Vakif were playing with no foreigners. It is a very different team when Zhu, Rasic and Sloetjes are all playing.

Bench players still not good enough to fight low level opponents.They need to grow. The coach is too confident to use all bench players on court. I think this season which team without injured players will get most trophies. :teach:
    NO sub players can replace the major players in any team.

• That can be true, but still, she`s a vet by now with years of experience. Natalia and Zhu last season were their first season abroad and they showed good performances right away. I`m not really sure if the considered "weak" teams in Italy are any stronger than any Turkish teams. Even this Vakifbank bench should easily beat more than half of the Italian teams.

OK, I mean I don't really know the Beylikduzu players very well, I'm not gonna lie so maybe they are better than I think. But even a weaker Italian team like Monza for example have players who are well proven at the highest level, e.g. Ortolani, Dixon, Havelkova. I would say they are probably at a similar level to the middle Turkish teams just looking at the names, but definitely better than Beylikduzu I would guess.

• I get what you are saying.

but I don`t think a team like Monza or the other mid teams in Italy would even take Vakifbank`s bench to a 5 set.

Vitra needed Boskovic at her best today to beat Beskitas otherwise they would probably lost. If Vitra were playing in Italy against Monza or any mid-level team for example, they would probably win easily even without Boskovic.

I checked the stats and Rasic had to come in the 5th set and to bail them out. It is funny but with the Serbia NT Rasic at the end of the day "she`s not that important" as they have Stevanovic and Velkjkovic, but in Vakifbank sometimes she becomes more important than Zhu herself. Even when she`s injured her presence itself makes a huge difference.

• Robinson didn't play the whole summer. She needs time to reach her best shape. That's all. :wavy:

wait a second. According to you they should cancel WG/WL, Champions Cup because all these tournaments are worthless and players get injured?

So based on your logic she did the right thing by not playing all summer?? And that`s what all players should do... But now you are saying she`s out of shape because she did not play all summer??

So I guess we can come to a conclusion that it is really important for a player to play all these worthless tournaments in the summer right? And all these worthless tournaments are important to keep players in shape and ready for the CLub Season.

I will take this as a confession from you that WL/WG and WGG are really important tournaments to have in the summer ...

Hallelujah :woohoo:

• You're reading just what you want, as usual. :aww:

I just said her teammates' shape is better than hers, because she didn't play.

I don't want any WL or WGP. Useless and long tournaments. Continental champions are more than enough.