Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• By the way, why does Beylikduzu use Kulan as Opp who is a better attacker from zone 4 while forcing their real opposite Ceren Kestirengoz to play as OH I hope Mehmet Bedestenlioglu won't insist on this crazy idea since we really need Opps playing in their club

Finally Kulan is back to OH position and it seems like she did a good job.

It is good that Guidetti rotating players for each match but I think changing only 1 or 2 players for each set is better idea than playing with all bench players together at the same time. :whistle:

• VVSL Week 2 Results :

Nilüfer B. - Çanakkale B. : 3-0
    Stats
    YouTube
    Birgül Güler and Brazilian MB Carolina Da Silva from Nilüfer had a good match too.Çanakkale played poorly

Ilbank - Galatasaray : 0-3
    Stats
    Ilbank seems to be the weakest team of VVSL.They should have transferred the new generation younger local players.Poor Santos!
    Galatasaray had 12 blocks,good for a 3-0-match! Both teams did very well at passing.

Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Beşiktaş : 3-1
    Stats
    YouTube
    i did watch the match except for the first set.It was a good match.It shouldnt have ended with such a poor passing mistake! Boşkoviç did very well.MB Adams and Larson and Meliha too.Vitra was good as whole team.I liked Meliha's performance.She had some nice kills.Çağla Akın is a very average setter but i like Ezgi Dilik.She is a good setter.i hope Motta keeps starting with her.Sorry Maja :)
    Beşiktaş's Alesia R. played pretty well.i liked MB Tokarska's game,she was useful.Hopefully setter Seda keeps playing with her.Şeyma Ercan did great at defending but offensively had a weak game.I hope Bryukova should play better match by match and get more sets.i liked Beşiktaş as a team!

Fenerbahçe - Halkbank : 3-1
    Stats
    Polina,Mia and Eda led Fenerbahçe.I guess Polina will play better match by match.Mia will has to do better at passing.I hopewe can watch Natalia as soon as possible.
    Halkbank's three Cubans did a good job.Halkbank is not a bad team at all.They had 18 blocks against Fenerbahçe ,good!

Seramiksan - Bursa BB : 3-2
    Stats
    i wish we had watched this match.Boz had 24 ponts besides,lots of mistakes.it seems OHs Bayramova and Malesevic did a good job.
    Bursa's Nikolova had a bad match.i think Joyce could have done better who knows! MB Belien had lots of sets.
    Both teams were poor at blocking

Vakıfbank - Kameroğlu Beylikdüzü VI. : 3-2
    Stats
    im surprised K.Beylikdüzü got two sets from Vakıfbank's mainly bench players.Good game Jana Kulan of K.Beylikdüzü.
    Vakıf's Gözde had a good match.i liked Tuğba Şenoğlu's perf. too.Durul seems to have had an "ok" match.

• The Standings in VVSL after Second Week :

1.Galatatasary 2-0 (8 points)
    2.Fenerbahçe 2-0 (7,8 pts)
    3.Eczacıbaşı Vitra 2-0 (7,7 pts)
    4.Vakıfbank 2-0 (7,4 pts)
    5.Seramiksan 2-0 (5,3 pts)
    6.Nilüfer B. 1-1 (4,4 pts)
    7.Beşiktaş 1-1 (4,1 pts)
    8.Ilbank 0-2 (2,3 pts)
    9.Bursa BB. 0-2 (2,2 pts)
    10.Halkbank 0-2 (1,6 pts)
    11.Çanakkale B. 0-2 (1,6 pts)
    12.Kameroğlu Beylikdüzü VI. 0-2 (1 pt)

• The Schedule of Week 3 in VVSL :

17:00 Çanakkale B. - Bursa BB
    17:30 Halkbank - Seramiksan
    17:30 Nilüfer B. - Ilbank
    18:30 Galatasaray - Eczacıbaşı Vitra TRT Spor HD

14:00 Beşiktaş - Vakıfbank
    18:30 : Kameroğlu Beylikdüzü VI. - Fenerbahçe TRT Spor HD

link :
    TRT Spor HD

• lets wait and see what new Galatasaray team will do against Eczacıbaşı Vitra.
    Vitra has a wide bench.Good that Meliha-Hande will be in a competition to be a starter.this could make them improve more.
    i wonder Kosheleva and Neslihan's performances against their former team and how Gamze-Kosheleva connection looks like.

lets see what Beşiktaş will do against Vakıfbank.I guess Guidetti will start with his usual/main starters against Beşiktaş.

Halkbank - Seramiksan could be an interesting match

i guess Bursa BB.,Nilüfer B. and Fenerbahçe will win their matches against their opponents

• Next season, There is a big chance that tugba will replace gozde(going to retire). This regular season will be the best time for her to practise. Let us see will guddeti let her play or not even if vakifbank will lose. :teach:

• Next season, There is a big chance that tugba will replace gozde(going to retire). This regular season will be the best time for her to practise. Let us see will guddeti let her play or not even if vakifbank will lose. :teach:

Gözde is one of the best defending OHs however she was not that good at Tuğba's age..i hope Tuğba should keep growing as player

• Canter I agree with almost everything you said. Btw truly I believe Ezgi Dilik doesn't get enough appreciation as a setter. Her sets are so smooth and perfect yet not stiff and not robot-ish like Naz's set. How she played with Larson and Adams/Beyza was key to Ecz victory imo. Bcs relying only on Tijana is simply not gonna work especially in the long run. Imo Gamze/Ezgi >>> Naz/Çagla Not to mention Ezgi can defend really well and digs balls like crazy. She is far ahead of most of her age's setters in Turkey. For Turkish NT if I was Gio I would go with Gamze, Ezgi but I know this is a really hard thing to expect.

Btw Hande seems so done, I know she is so young still but literally I can see her get worse day by day. She can't jump that high anymore. She can't hit the ball hard and when she does she gets tired rest of the match. She still can't receive at all. Let's see what Motta does with her, but improving starts with one self. If she isn't willing to improve then no matter what coach is training her she won't get better.

At this point I don't care much about Hande anymore tbh. Why is everyone so fixated on her anyway. We have youngsters like Saliha Sahin, TUGBA Şenoglu, Derya and we have more good options; Meliha is doing great, Şeyma didn't do bad either and maybe she'll get better, Fatma is doing a great job receiving and digging, Birgül is on fire. And honestly all these names are GOOD and this is already 7 options so you better step it up or I'll gladly say bye Hande. :wavy:

• I agree that Hande is not showing some improvement lately.. but Meliha has been attacked in the same way all these year after her good Grand Prix debut.. now she has a few good games, and she's great again?
    I do think that currently she is doing a better job than Hande, but that doesn't mean Hande is hopeless, or that Meliha is the Turkish savior

• I agree that Hande is not showing some improvement lately.. but Meliha has been attacked in the same way all these year after her good Grand Prix debut.. now she has a few good games, and she's great again?
    I do think that currently she is doing a better job than Hande, but that doesn't mean Hande is hopeless, or that Meliha is the Turkish savior

It's almost like people here don't always jump to crazy conclusions based on a single game... :whistle:

• Ezgi is a really good setter, no doubt. I don't think Motta should have a starting line-up and just stick to it though and I don't think he will, for example he played all the first match with Ognjenovic, Busra and Hande and they won easily and he played all the second match with Ezgi, Adams and mostly Meliha. Honestly I think he should give all these players a chance to show what they can do, he doesn't need to settle on a definite starting 6. It will be interesting to see what team he picks against Galatasaray because that is the first big test of the season, maybe Guldeniz will get a chance against her old club.

• Omg ppl here always have to disagree xD Hande is not bad for a single game, she is never actually been 'good', she was promising and people expected a level from her which she never reached. On top of that she is been playing very very horrible lately. Spikes straight into the block almost 100% and receiving is getting worse as well. I just can't call her promising any more after over a YEAR, I don't like shaky OH's at her and she just doesn't do a great job at spiking. I would love to see her improve but I'm simply not waiting for it anymore.

Look I really like everyone here but sometimes I feel like I can't even share my opinion without people trying to make me look stupid. Why do you need take my words out of proportion? I never said Meliha was Turkish saviour ?( I literally said she has been doing great, cause I give credit where credit is due. Also I mentioned about 6 other names Tugba's last name in capital and saying Birgül is on fire. But yea somehow this all just meant Meliha is our saviour? 8|

Also if you read properly you will see I never said Hande is hopeless. I just said what she is doing atm is no good and said she should step it up. And then I mentioned 7 other names which some are younger then her and others better meaning she shouldn't feel like her NT place is safe no matter what she does. If she is not good ofc I will say give up on her for the (current) NT season cuz there are other better options. Don't know why my opinion triggers some people because I'm not saying anything wrong from my point of view.

• i appreciate Fatma Yıldırım and Birgül Güler for their performance and they deserve to be given a chance to play for the NT
    however,after Neriman Özsoy declared her retirement from the NT,Turkey will need tall and strong offensive OHs like Neriman
    neither Fatma nor Birgül are tall and offensive OHs.I havent watched Tuğba Şenoğlu a lot to see if she is a defensive or an offensive OH.Same for Saliha Şahin
    shortly, Turkey needs Hande Baladın or Meliha Ismailoğlu as offensive OHs but i agree that Hande hasnt been doing well as offensive OH.If Hande cant receive well then she cant be tolerated with her current offensive work..she should either attack very well or receive decently

• lets talk about the first "big match" of the season in VVSL : Galatasaray - Eczacıbaşı Vitra

Gala will need tall blockers to stop Tijana Boşkoviç

Do you think Ataman can start with these players as starters :
    Gamze-Neslihan
    Kosheleva-Cansu
    Jack-Ruseva
    Buse

or he will leave Kosheleva out of the court and start with Seda
    Gamze-Neslihan
    Seda-Rabadzieva
    Jack-Ruseva
    Buse

or
    Gamze-Neslihan
    Kosheleva-Rabadzieva
    Jack-Aslı
    Buse

which one would you prefer againt EcV tomorrow ?

• Neslihan didn't play well lately and last match didn't even play. My guess is:

Opp: Seda
    OH: Kosheleva/Rabadzhieva
    MB: Jack/Asli
    S: Gamze
    L: Buse

I think also he will double sub if reception gets messy Cansu/Nursevil with Kosheleva/Gamze. Also Ruseva comes in if Asli is not enough replacing probably Kosheleva for Cansu as well at that case.

This is what I think GS will do.

For Ecz

Opp: Boskovic
    Oh: Meliha-Larson
    MB: Beyza-Adams
    S: Ezgi
    L: Simge

Meliha for Hande if she plays bad or other way around and Ognjenovic in ofc at times if needed.

• Ezgi is a really good setter, no doubt. I don't think Motta should have a starting line-up and just stick to it though and I don't think he will, for example he played all the first match with Ognjenovic, Busra and Hande and they won easily and he played all the second match with Ezgi, Adams and mostly Meliha. Honestly I think he should give all these players a chance to show what they can do, he doesn't need to settle on a definite starting 6. It will be interesting to see what team he picks against Galatasaray because that is the first big test of the season, maybe Guldeniz will get a chance against her old club.

On one hand it is good that Neslihan left, because she was, as a Turkish player (and a huge star), just too much of a temptation to play as a starter in many matches in the domestic league, and that would court the danger of repeating the desaster that was the last season.

On the other, if Boskovic gets injured Eczacibasi is screwed. I mean seriously, what if she got injured? Who will play Opp? Forget the fact that no one could replace her production, is there even another opp in the team(whose primary position is as an opposite)?

• Seda as OPP would be interesting..
    maybe we will watch Seda-Neslihan on the court at the same time, who knows!
    btw,im happy that Eczacı has finally found some local MB (Beyza Arıcı) to replace (means that getting rid of) Büşra :teach:
    with Thaissa's departure(?)..Adams and Beyza have to take some more responsibility

Gala needs Kosheleva's offense..actually Koshe,Seda,Nesli,Raba,Jack all these players can kill the sets!