Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• With Charlotte Leys, Bursa has a very good squad! They will probably be one of the best receiving teams in the league if Gizem Karadayi does not fail. I wish they kept Joycinha and Ipek instead of Nikolova and Ergul though.

• With Charlotte Leys, Bursa has a very good squad! They will probably be one of the best receiving teams in the league if Gizem Karadayi does not fail. I wish they kept Joycinha and Ipek instead of Nikolova and Ergul though.

I think this team will have better defense than the previous.. Ergul is a better blocker, Nikolova a better digger than Joyce, Nilay is like a second libero, and we all know what Leys can do.. My worry is the setting, Ozge is better than Nilay, and also Ozdemir has been very bad these last seasons in Eczacibasi

• I think this team will have better defense than the previous.. Ergul is a better blocker, Nikolova a better digger than Joyce, Nilay is like a second libero, and we all know what Leys can do.. My worry is the setting, Ozge is better than Nilay, and also Ozdemir has been very bad these last seasons in Eczacibasi

Nilay is a good sub setter but as a starter she is quite bad. I think the consistent performance of Dora, Joyce and Ozge was the main reason of Bursa. I agree that Ergul is better than Ipek at both attack and blocking. They also transferred Ukranian OH Bytsenko who had a good performance when she played in the second half of season with Nilufer belediyesi. She seems to be balanced OH, so she can do what Dora did last year. I didn't like the transfer of Leys. She picked the team that needs her the least. She is better OH than Fatma but she could have been more useful in FB, GS or any other middle ranked turkish teams other than Bursa. I hope Belien transfer was not true and Bursa can get a dominant scorer MB such as Sanchez who was great at Idmanocagi this season

• I don't know why Bursa needed Leys. Imo not a good transfer. I also didnt know they transferred Bytsenko :white: Bytsenko + Fatma was already really good. Fatma + Leys is too defensive OH duo and Bytsenko + Leys means trouble with foreign limit probably. Someone is going to bench a lot in this team :down: and these are all amazing names so I dont like seeing that happen...

Also imo Ergul is a good blocker but not so much attacker. Ipek is much better at attacking and also has a very good spirit and leadership role in her team which is why I prefer her over Ergul and Ergul didnt play at all in FB...

• Nilay is a good sub setter but as a starter she is quite bad. I think the consistent performance of Dora, Joyce and Ozge was the main reason of Bursa. I agree that Ergul is better than Ipek at both attack and blocking. They also transferred Ukranian OH Bytsenko who had a good performance when she played in the second half of season with Nilufer belediyesi. She seems to be balanced OH, so she can do what Dora did last year. I didn't like the transfer of Leys. She picked the team that needs her the least. She is better OH than Fatma but she could have been more useful in FB, GS or any other middle ranked turkish teams other than Bursa. I hope Belien transfer was not true and Bursa can get a dominant scorer MB such as Sanchez who was great at Idmanocagi this season

In 2015-16 Belien was the second top scoring MB in Serie A. Her level was not quite so good this year but I think she can be a very good player for Bursa

• Bursa has had 4 foreigners meaning that 1 of them will be on the bench..who can be ?
    i like Leys as defensive OH.She is good at defending,passing and serving..not that bad at attacking which is not her first task to carry out
    i cant remember who is the second local MB other than Ergül if Belien doesnt play
    Nikolova will be a starter as the opp of the team

so my guess :

Nilay :( (i hope she proves me wrong as setter) - Nikolova
    Leys - Fatma
    Belien - Ergül
    Gizem

Bytsenko on the bench as +1 foreigner...i guesss she can be used both as OH and OPP depending on the performances of Nikolova and Leys

btw,i wonder what happened to Bursa's Bashnakova (AZE) ?

• And I'll be blunt and say that she's too good for Bursa and not the other way around.

What makes you think she's 'too good' for Bursa? Lol let me remind you this is a team that finished right after Eczacibaşi in TL and also beat a lot of teams throughout the season like Eczaci and Galatasaray and Beşiktaş where Rykhliuk will play. They also won Challenge cup. Now explain me why Belïen is too good for Bursa. :cheesy:

• I also think, that Bursa will riding a serious attack against the four Istanbul teams always on top for many years now... they are strengthening their roster overall considerably.

• lets think what the teams could need in their rosters

Beşiktaş seems to almost have completed its roster except for second setter and libero

Beylikdüzü VI will need local and foreigner OHs a second setter and we dont know who their libero will be.Their OPPs and MBs are completed

Bursa BS i think their roster is completed except second local MB

Çanakkale BS transfering a foreigner OPP next to Gamze Türk will be enough for this roster assuming they're not thinking of transfering a foreigner MB bcz there are lots of local MBs.Who can be that foreigner OPP? Has American left-handed OPP other than Lowe signed with any team so far?

Eczacıbaşı Vitra will have more foreigners than they should have again.It only makes sense to have many foreigners to compete against VB,GS and FB in VVSL(TL) otherwise they are going to play in CEV CUP and woudnt need many foreigners on roster

Fenerbahçe just needs a worldclass defensive OH

Galatasaray has completed its roster.I dont expect any transfer news from them

Nilüfer BS seems to need a good defensive OH next to Anne Buijs.Im not sure if Elif Başaran or Seda Menekşe are able to do that job.Also OPP position seems weak.Ceyda Aktaş was weak last season except the playoffs.She should play much better in the regular season otherwise they will need a foreigner OPP.I dont know much about new transfer OPP Elif Boran (seems to have played in the second division teams).They need a good second local MB next to Selin Uygur (maybe they have but we dont know yet) and who will be second libero ?

Seramiksan who will be second OPP( a local one or a young talented foreigner can be too) next to Meryem Boz and They seem to need a second local defensive OH next to Müge Örencik

Vakıfbank They have a good roster except second OPP next to Lonneke .They should have a talented tall strong young local OPP better than Melis Durul(maybe they have one ?)

Halkbank and Ilbank's rosters are not clear

• The Turkish teams that still need foreign players in their roster are as following:

Beylikdüzü: 2 OH
    Çanakkale Belediyespor: 1 Opp
    Halkbank: no foreign player was transferred, rumors say Salas will stay. Since they have good prospects at setter and Opp position, I expect them to sign a defensive OH next to Salas and a scorer MB
    Nilüfer Belediyespor: 1 defensive OH

The remaining teams already signed with 3-4 foreigners. Which good Opp is left in the market?

• maybe Anna Grejman will join anywhere, prior to injury she was decent all-round OH in Polish league and she's looking for a club because her boyfriend Bartosz Kurek will play in Ankara, so Halkbank sounds reasonably :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• This season Will have so much turkish players in back up. It's so bad for National team.

Vakifbank: tugba, melis durul, cansu, zehra gunes and ayka

Fenerbahçe : damla, bahar, ezgi dagdelenler, cagla akin

Eczacibasi : ezgi dilik , gozde yilmaz , yasemin guveli ( she Will be 5 th MB) , beyza arici , meliha

Galatasaray : cansu cetin

Bursa : fatma yildirim ?

• I know people will hate me for saying this, but they are all a bunch of losers. This is their country and their league, they should be working harder to be good enough to be a starter ,simply go to a smaller club and work your ass off, make your way up. I would give anything to have a sit down conversation with any of them to find what`s in their mind.

By the way, did Polen leave Fenerbache? you don`t have her on your list. If she stays she will be benching for Rahimova.

• Some of these players may still get a chance. For example I expect Beyza to play a lot. Ezgi was the second setter for Fener last year, but she still got a lot of time to play and I expect it will be the same this year. In fact I think many of the players named will get opportunities to play depending on foreign players playing badly or getting injured.

It is important for these players to play for the best teams because they want to win something. They may never be good enough to be a starter for VB, ECZ, FB or GS but they want to be able to say "I won the TL/CL" and that won't happen playing for Halkbank.

I get what you're saying, but that is just the way it is IMO and I don't think it makes them losers

• I know people will hate me for saying this, but they are all a bunch of losers. This is their country and their league, they should be working harder to be good enough to be a starter ,simply go to a smaller club and work your ass off, make your way up. I would give anything to have a sit down conversation with any of them to find what`s in their mind.

By the way, did Polen leave Fenerbache? you don`t have her on your list. If she stays she will be benching for Rahimova.

I forget pólen ( eternal back up player) i Think pólen IS the best exemple for turkish players in back up. And i can't understand turkish fans wants her in National team

• actually i feel sorry especially for young talented OH Tuğba Şenoğlu and talented MB Zehra Güneş in VB...VB has Zhu Ting-Gözde Kırdar-Kelsey Robinson as OHs so this means very little chance for Tuğba as OH.the same for Zehra..but i understand this most probably wasnt their choices to get back to Vakıf bcz the club wanted them back and they had to be back home as well.only consolation here is Tuğba and Zehra are going to work with Guidetti
    i dont have high expectations from backup OPP Melis Durul of Vakıf.Second setter Cansu Özbay will be given the chance to play in some matches by Guidetti
    i believe setter Çağla Akın will get the chance as much as Dilik did have last season playing for Fenerbahçe.If Fb doesnt transfer a foreigner defensive OH then both Damla Çakıroğlu and Ezgi Dağdelenler will be in the rotation to play and which of them performs better get the jersey! MB Eda Dündar will be a starter and MB Dicle Nur Babat and MB Bahar Toksoy Guidetti will be in the rotatition/competition to wear the yellow jersey

Setter Ezgi Dilik will have the opportunity to play bcz Maja Ognjenovic isnt that great in all the matches we know,moreover foreigner limitation rule will enable her to play.Im hopeless for backup OH-OPP Gözde Yılmaz.I dont expext her to have the opportunity to play except an injury of OPP Tijana Boşkoviç.I guess MB Thaisa Daher will be a starter to get her form back and other spot will be very likely MB Beyza Arıcı's sometimesMB Büşra Kılıçlı's.Unfortunately no chance for young good MB Yasemin Güveli

Galatasay's OH Cansu Çetin seems to enter the court to replace Tatiana Kosheleva sometimes or maybe against the weaker teams otherwise i dont expect her to be a starter

Bursa BS's OH Fatma Yıldırım is not a young player.I guess she can be a starter together with Charlotte Leys.

• Eczacıbaşı Vitra will keep MB Adams as the fifth foreigner
    its uncertain MB Thaisa's health case
    maybe she couldnt be in a good shape this season so local MBs and Adams performances are important
    i believe Ezgi Dilik can play more than we thought.She was good playing for Fener.If she keeps playing well even improving her game then she can be Motta's first choice in VVSL(TL) over Maja this would put Vitra in an advantaged position in the local league
    in that case Vitra first six-seven would be :
    Dilik - Boşkoviç
    Larson-Güldeniz/Hande
    Adams/Thaisa--Beyza
    Bağcı/Aköz

Are you guys a joke? :aww: :wall: Every team has at least 14 players in their roster, what do you expect from them? Signing with 7 foreign players to keep in their bench? These young players need good trainings with strong players and good coaching as much as they need playing time. For the other non-young players, you can't expect them all to play as starter in even lower ranked teams since there are 12 teams in first division and half of their starting six will be Turkish players anyway and the rest should be on the bench of top teams. Indeed most of the players you have counted above will most likely get a lot of playing times due to foreign player restriction :rolleyes: