Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I like the way how Sheilla sells her crosscourt attacks then out of a sudden she goes for a line shot or her legendary tips. During her heydays... She makes the best liberos foolish inside the court. I guess that's art haha or maybe she's just smart. :obey:

Neslihan and her moves are great as well. And one cannot forget Sokolova and her style as well.

• I have to disagree with this, Egonu's approach seems like she is jumping and throwing her arm, doesn't look like she is using her arm and power with her mind, more like she is just hitting. I know it is not like that but it seems like that. And i don't find it artistic or whatsoever.

watch Egonu's attacks with slow motion vidios made..then you will get what i mean

• I like the way how Sheilla sells her crosscourt attacks then out of a sudden she goes for a line shot or her legendary tips. During her heydays... She makes the best liberos foolish inside the court. I guess that's art haha or maybe she's just smart. :obey:

Sheilla Castro is the most dynamic female Opp of all time imo. She hits the ball all over the court and her tips are just amazing to watch.

• i didnt mean which player was technically better etc..
    i just mentioned armswing/approach/the way of spiking..dunno how i should express it more than this
    Egonu's armswing looks very charming to my eyes just like her look when i watch her slow motion videos

when it comes down to the most artistic volleyball player/ the player who plays this game in a very elegant way : Neslihan Demir..no other one!
    to me,Sheila is a FAST and very technical player

• After all Cuban talk I watched Halkbank vs Bursa and oh my I LOVED the CUBANS! Especially Wilma Salas and Rachel Sanchez Perez. Salas is an oustanding spiker, very powerful as well. And Rachel Sanchez? She is my new favorite MB, omg I love her approach and power spikes right to the ground! FEARLESS players indeed :super:

• I was away for a week but had time to watch Eczacibasi and Vakifbank matches of GS.

GS looks extremely unprepared, like 6 individuals trying to get to know each other. This is obviously a much better team with better potential than last year. Gamze and Asli are still there, Rabadzhieva is obviously a better OH than Leys, Neslihan defends and attacks as good as Centoni but serves better than her. The major problem here is unfortunately Kosheleva is not contributing as much as Guldeniz did last year. Not only her receiving is a problem but her attacking is very bad too. Same with Buse, so far she is such a dissapointment in defense, that's why I guess Nihan might have a comeback to court in January.

In general the problem is GS trying to play with a new system and everyone joined the team very late. Gamze was away with the NT and she did not have any of her teammates there, now she is back and expected to play with 3 new wing spikers who has very different tempos. GS needs a lot of playing time so that Gamze can adjust her setting to her new teammates or her new teammates learn to play GS's style. Kosheleva being such ineffective in attacking is not only her fault but also because of the inconsistency of sets she gets, same with Neslihan. In order to minimise the chaos, Ataman should keep the system they had last season, playing a fast tempo game both in defense and attacking. That means Kosheleva and Rabadzhieva must hit faster sets (not as low as Guldeniz and Leys had though). In that way, the adaptation can be shorter. Gamze looked really unhappy and she doesnt look comfortable with setting those high balls to zone 4.

Kosheleva sure was a bad transfer thinking of GS's succesful system last year. It would be better to combine Rabadzhieva with another defensive OH like Lucia Bosetti because Gamze can leave against single blocks when she gets fine receiving. On the other hand, I really love Kosheleva's personality and hope her to break the curse as soon as possible. But to me GS as a team and their well working system should not be sacrificed for her career, she should instead adapt to the system. I mean Buijs can receive and still attack fast, why shouldnt Kosheleva learn that? Unfortunately Cansu Cetin is only a good receiver and can't attack fast as Leys & Guldeniz did either, so she is not an option either. Maybe Seda can become handy this season.

Yet another problem is the tempo of the balls coming from defense or free ball situations, just watch how Guldeniz, Leys and Nihan were pushing those balls fast to Gamze and how she gets them now sky high slowly. What a nightmare for a setter!

Meanwhile I'm so pissed at Sinead Jack! How irresponsible she is :aww: She arrived the latest to the team, 1 day before the 1st match of league and she was supposed to play/train with her NT, when she came back she was at leats 10 kgs heavier and out of shape! She was 1st MB of this team last season and 1st attacking option, now she is the last. I hope she will get back to her old form soon but it doesnt seem to happen in at least 2 months :wall:

I actually don't care how bad this team loses now, will most likely lose to Fenerbahce and many others in the first half anyway. But once the system works and they find a fine starting 6, they will do great and become a contender for winning the title in Turkey. I don't think any of the matches they play in 1st half of the season really represent anything, after all, this team has been together less than 1 month...

• Let us see whether galatasaray can win over Fenerbache(without natalia). If GS still loses, i think this season(including champions league) is already over for them, the only hope is that the starters of vakifbank, eczvitra and fener get injurerd. :teach:

i think even if they lose to Fener 3-0 yet saying "all is over" not justified they can improve..its early to talk about CL

• Gs needs to improve a lot to compete in champions league. They are not ready for final-6. :teach:

That's quite mean to say for any player who just spent 3 weeks with a new setter in a totally new system. She was such a fiasco last season but entire Eczacibasi was, and they were really bad even when Kosheleva was not on the court. That was not her fault but mostly Barbolini's. I'm hopeful of Ataman, he took such a terrible team from Barbolini and made it to CL in 2 seasons. In the end, Kosheleva reaches an incredible height in attacking, not a bad blocker or server either. If she learns to approach faster in attacking, then there is no problem.

With or without Kosheleva, GS will definitely not play as bad as last 2 matches in 2nd half of the season. The worst case, they have Seda who knows system better and has better connection with Gamze. Too bad she is injured.

• i think even if they lose to Fener 3-0 yet saying "all is over" not justified they can improve..its early to talk about CL

Because fener is also not ready at the beginning and a totally new team, and they even have injured players (natalia). But for my point of view. fenerbache is still a strong team. I think Gs needs to improve faster than other team.However Kosheleva and Neslihan are not young players, how much can they improve? I just see the serious reality in front of galatasaray. :teach:

• leo2017, I agree with Neslihan, although she doesnt need to improve either. But Kosheleva has to update herself if she wants to remain in top of the volleyball society. Her attacking is so outdated and not many teams can tolerate that anymore and there is no age for learning new things! I bet she would enjoy such a challenge.

GS also has Seda injured and I would actually include Sinead Jack in the injured category. +10kgs for a MB is like walking instead of running :wall:

• I think that Fener is overall again very good team even a lot of you guys attacked them before they even started to play, and I still think that Galatasaray can become great team. They have a players but they still don't have a team, now coach needs to put everything on place and make them work together.

• I think that Fener is overall again very good team even a lot of you guys attacked them before they even started to play, and I still think that Galatasaray can become great team. They have a players but they still don't have a team, now coach needs to put everything on place and make them work together.

who attacked them?

• do you think Wilma Salas would be a better choice for Galatasaray instead of Kosheleva ?

Oh my god, no way. I was thinking the same last year but she is a star of mediocre teams unfortunately and I think her receiving/defense skills are worse than Kosheleva. I think the only attacker option which would be good for GS was Buijs instead of Kosheleva since she likes fast sets. All other attackers are kind of slow, Salas, Jerkov, Carcases, Kosheleva etc.

Actually, the best for GS would be to get an opposite like Haak and keep Guldeniz as OH. In that way they could make sure receiving and defense is fine and keep their fast game on while sets only to opposite being slow and higher.

• I do not agree with term 'star of mediocre teams'. I think Salas would be great option if you only look at offense, however her reception is probably worse then Kosheleva. Although who knows, maybe Rabadzhieva could cover her. But she is way more explosive compared to Kosheleva atm indeed. Kosheleva at her best should be better both in attack and reception, it is a question mark if she can reach that now after watching her for 2 seasons. Ofc it is still way too early to give up on her as well. Salas shouldn't be underestimated though, one of the best spikers I have seen atm.

• I think it is too early to blame Kosheleva for anything in GS. In Eczacibasi, she worked with a terrible trainer like Barbolini where everyone underperformed, not only Kosheleva. In GS, she is playing with a very new setter and if you watch carefully, she doesnt seem comfortable to hit balls off the net and low. Gamze will sooner or later notice that she has to increase the height of her sets and push them closer to net which Kosheleva likes to hit and Kosheleva will get faster than today.

The worst case, GS can use Kosheleva from zone 2 and give her slow tempo, high sets and force Neslihan or Seda from zone 4 to attack with a faster approach. Both Neslihan and Seda can manage this. The question is, how long will it take for them to adapt to all these...This is what I like with new GS though, it is full of opportunities.

One thing we know for sure is, changing the system to high, slow tempo sets to zone 4 is not gonna work because Gamze can't deliver quality sets in that way unless the receiving is excellent.

P.s. Salas would not do any better than Jerkov in big teams and we see how up and down Jerkov is in FB, where fans are praying for Natalia to come back asap. I don't know the word in English but in Turkish we can say Salas is very "hantal".