Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I don't think Jerkov is doing a bad job in FB considering she is playing in a 2-receiver system although she is actually an offensive OH. I can't imagine Salas or Kosheleva covering all reception with a libero :what:

About GS, I was expecting from Rabadzshieva also cover a bigger area in reception line, she is doing a good job with her own balls though

• If we want a blame game....

Last season... It was Jordan Larson and Vitra coach.

Last Euro... It was Frolova.(Pankova too lol but that is true haha)

Last olympics... it was Scherban and Marichev.

In Dinamo Krasnodar... Fe Garay... Sokolova... Fabiola. The Coach.

Last World Championship... it was Kryuchova. The comeback of Gamova. The return of Goncharova as a passing OH. The useless Malykh. The no variety Startseva. :whistle:

And now it is time to blame Gamze. :whistle:

As a fan of Russia National Team... everybody is blaming but one. Kosheleva is always an exception. I really don't get this....For the past years... Kosheleva has to be the sheltered player so she can play her best. If she plays bad... Everyone will blame anyone but her. :whistle: If Zhu Ting was playing like this... I bet SHAME will be loving every minute of it. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited 2 times, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• If we want a blame game....

Last season... It was Jordan Larson and Vitra coach.

I agree with your larger point here, but in fairness to Koshe, in last year's Eczacibasi, the main problem WAS coach. Everything bad ultimately stemmed from him.

But you are undoubtedly right. As we all have been saying for the last couple of pages, Kosheleva is not the player she was, and has not been since last year. Of course, her defence was always atrocious, but at least until 2016, her exquisite attack could cover for it (helped with a bit of smart team-building, to hide her in reception).

• The issue with Vitra last season was mostly the balance between foreigners and the local players. Almost the team they started in the World Club Championship last year were foreigners...

Management-wise who ever thought putting Kosheleva and Boskovic in one team probably thought he made a stroke of genius. Problem was both players can't receive. Both are foreigners. So one has to sit out. Along all their foreign players have to share playing time because they cannot play together in the Turkish League legally and hence... the reason for the lack of chemistry in all the competitions they entered and the disaster after the World Club Championship.

You cant blame Galatarasay fans wanting better because as many have quipped. This is like Vitra all over again with a weaker bench and starters. :white:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Carol is so beautiful and sexy. :heart: One of the few girls I have a crush with. :obey: Anne is so lucky she slapping that... :win:

#FreeBritney

• Nilufer- VakifBank is live on TRT Spor atm.

Also Ilbank close to taking EczV to at least a tb :white:

Rains +1000 completely agree :rose: Carol

Do you have a link for Vitra match? :cheesy:

#FreeBritney

• ECZ managed to win the 3rd set. They started the match with Ognjenovic as the only foreigner but they brought on Larson and eventually even Boskovic was needed to save the set.

• Did you guys really watch GS's matches? I'm not saying Gamze is a bad setter, she actually is one of my favorite setters. But you don't have to be a genius to understand why Gamze and Kosheleva are so disconnected. If you really watched GS's matches, at least the last two, you could see how off the sets were from the net for Kosheleva. Gamze did the same when she played with Meijners 3 years ago. She does one thing correct, yes Kosheleva wants high sets but she does a terrible mistake by pushing her off the net. She keep hitting top of the blocks when she is off the net. Whenever she gets close to the net, she either goes over the block or kills it. Very simple. Any volleyball players here with a setter background can see this problem, no matter how tall you are and how high the set is, when you hit a ball 2meters of the net, it will touch the block or go out or will be an easy tip. Unfortunately pushing the ball high with precision is difficult, especially if a setter is not physically strong enough. So when Gamze pushes the ball that high, she simply loses control of it. This will eventually get better by either one of them fixing their approach or GS benching Kosheleva and using Seda etc.

• Any setter will have big trouble setting if the reception is terrible. That's the number one rule which Kosheleva usually breaks. So important in the women's play because there is not enough players who can kill the ball like the men do. Pass. Set. Attack. Any volleyball player with setter background may probably keep that fact from you.

#FreeBritney

• Any setter will have big trouble setting if the reception is terrible. That's the number one rule which Kosheleva usually breaks. So important in the women's play because there is not enough players who can kill the ball like the men do. Pass. Set. Attack. Any volleyball player with setter background may probably keep that fact from you.

That explains you didnt watch matches because despite the direct errors she made in receiving, Kosheleva did actually receive well. GS actually received 38% perfect in average and 40% in both Eczacibasi and Vakifbank matches. Besides, any setter would know that you don't need excellent receiving to set a decent, high ball to zone 4. If we were asking Gamze to give a fast and precise set, then you would be right. :wavy:

• That explains you didnt watch matches because despite the direct errors she made in receiving, Kosheleva did actually receive well. GS actually received 38% perfect in average and 40% in both Eczacibasi and Vakifbank matches. Besides, any setter would know that you don't need excellent receiving to set a decent, high ball to zone 4. If we were asking Gamze to give a fast and precise set, then you would be right. :wavy:

She received better cause Demir was available to receive when she started messing up. Even her middle blockers are exposed to receive because the width of her receiving is not even that wide. :whistle:

If you've watched the game then you'll know. The libero might as well be attached to her just how close she is to Kosheleva. :white:

#FreeBritney

• ECZ managed to win the 3rd set. They started the match with Ognjenovic as the only foreigner but they brought on Larson and eventually even Boskovic was needed to save the set.

Where were you watching, if you dont mind me asking? :wavy:

• She received better cause Demir was available to receive when she started messing up. Even her middle blockers are exposed to receive because the width of her receiving is not even that wide. :whistle:

If you've watched the game then you'll know. The libero might as well be attached to her just how close she is to Kosheleva. :white:

They hide her so well that she actually received 78 times with 5 errors while the second closest name received 44 times. So I dont think they actually hidden her. Anyway, looks like we watched different matches. You can keep hating Kosheleva and trash her :wavy:

• :rolll:

Sorry, I don't like Russia NT and russian league. I didn't watch a single match the last 3/4 years because the league is very very boring. The russian player I like the most is Kosheleva, because of her fire. And I like China NT. I don't see Zhu Ting a phenomenon, that's all. 10/15 years ago she would be just an ok player. Think about Keba Phipps or Sokolova in their golden ages, no match for the chinese... I'm not an hater. :win: