Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• The witch hunt is already started. Last season, it was Barbolini. This season, Kosheleva will be burnt at the stake.

• VVSL Week 5 Results :
    Beşiktaş - Seramiksan : 3-0
    Stats
    Seramiksan is in a decline as team in the recent weeks.Tokarska is getting used to her team match by match.Beşiktaş had 16 blocks :white:
    Ilbank - Eczacıbaşı Vitra : 1-3
    Stats
    Vitra as whole team had a good match.good game by Güldeniz Önal
    Çanakkale B. - Halkbank : 1-3
    good game by MB Sanzhez,Salas and Maren Fromm.maybe with Joyce Çanakkale can win some home matches.
    K.Beylikdüzü VI. -Bursa BB. : 3-2
    Stats
    Beylikdüzü keeps fighting.seems they improve
    Nilüfer B. - Vakıfbank : 2-3
    Stats
    Youtube
    good fight by Nilüfer but couldnt win at home.Buijss did well
    Galatasaray - Fenerbahçe : 1-3
    Stats
    Youtube
    seems passing errors decided the match (i havent watched it so far).good game by Fener's middles and Natalia and Polen.Neslihan had a good match for Gala.i hope a better Rabadzieva.Rahimova had a bad match

Standings :
    1.Fenerbahçe 5-0 (16,8 points)
    2.Eczacıbaşı Vitra 5-0 (16,7)
    3.Vakıfbank 5-0 (16,4)
    4.Bursa BB. 2-3 (9,2)
    5.Nilüfer B. 2-3 (8,4)
    6.Galatasaray 2-3 (8 )
    7.Halkbank 2-3 (7,6)
    8.Beşiktaş 2-3 (7,1)
    9.Seramiksan 2-3 (6,3)
    10.K.Beylikdüzü VI. 2-3 (5)
    11.Çanakkale B. 1-4 (3,6)
    12.Ilbank 0-5 (3,3)

• what is good for Galatasaray is that they have faced all the toughest opponents in VVSl now they will face the opponent they can beat on paper.this could help them be a better team
    id like to watch Bursa-Beşiktaş match
    lets see what Beylikdüzü will do against Halkbank
    could Seramiksan fight against Gala (i hope they could) despite the decline they have lived? .

• Oh please even Russia doesn't fit her anymore. :gone: Right now... Kosheleva should be in South Korea or Japan where a team can revolve around her. Seems like Europe is not good for her anymore.

Galatarasay actually had some plans. Seda is there but currently unavailable to play(that is something any manager cannot do about). It is not their fault that Kosheleva who has a reputation for being a strong attacker and is underperforming right now as a receiver and as an attacker.

I agree that she may still improve but we will see. The clock is ticking for her. I hope the saying old dogs can't learn new tricks is not true to her story.

i felt that way as well..though i dont know much about asian leagues.i watched a match from japenese league (btw toyota-hitachi) i saw Toyota dont let turkish Neriman Özsoy receive and Hitachi dont let cuban Carcaces receive..

• Seramiksan looks in troubles without Jessica Jones. When they couldn't kill the ball, she showed up with a block. Not to mention how many balls she made playable for the defense. I hope she didn't give up volleyball.

• Its very interesting that while Kosheleva dropped off the cliff, so to speak, form-wise right around the time meldonium became banned, Goncharova doesnt seem to be much affected by it. Does that mean she wasnt taking it, or does it simply mean that she is just that good, with or without meldonium (bear in mind that difference in age between 2 players is just 6 months)?

If the second, it would confirm something which I have long suspected, and that is that Goncharova is (and will be viewed by majority of the people once their careers are over) the greater volleyball player among the 2. Kosheleva will have more individual awards (more MVP's and dream team inclusions), but that will be down to her being OH, and the fact that it is easier for a world-class OH to get selected for a dream team than for a world-class OPP (twice as easy, to be precise ;) ).

• it's weird to put polen and polina on the court at the same time, since neither can receive serve, then jerkov and the libero have to be the best receivers in the world.

it must be weird for nootsara to play in europe, she has to set everybody high, slow balls... such different system than when she plays for her NT.

• it's weird to put polen and polina on the court at the same time, since neither can receive serve, then jerkov and the libero have to be the best receivers in the world.

it must be weird for nootsara to play in europe, she has to set everybody high, slow balls... such different system than when she plays for her NT.

so Nootsara should have a team like Galatasaray with Gamze last season
    she should has a good connection with Eda..i like that duo

• Seramiksan looks in troubles without Jessica Jones. When they couldn't kill the ball, she showed up with a block. Not to mention how many balls she made playable for the defense. I hope she didn't give up volleyball.

True I miss Jessica Jones in Seramiksan. She was imo the best blocker in the world, I don't care if people disagree. Does anyone know what happened to her, she left Seramiksan actually just before the end of last season when she had an injury or something? Also where is Alexis Crimes? Anyone here could help us out?

• True I miss Jessica Jones in Seramiksan. She was imo the best blocker in the world, I don't care if people disagree. Does anyone know what happened to her, she left Seramiksan actually just before the end of last season when she had an injury or something? Also where is Alexis Crimes? Anyone here could help us out?

She was! :obey:

She ended 2 blocks behind Eda Erdem, the best blocker of the season, without playing the whole regular season, while Eda played the play-offs as well. :win:

Crimes and Jones didn't sing any contract so far. Maybe retired.

• Fourth round in the row that Galata's match is one of the 2 televised...I understand against the 3 giants, but against Seramiksan? Spread it around a bit. :mad:

• I love how people continue to declare a team or a player as "disaster" when the season is just two weeks old :rolll:

Nobody is in top shape now, least of all the NT players. But more important, nobody NEEDS to be in top shape now. We can judge Kosheleva after her performances in the big matches, not after 4 or 5 regular season matches (in which she undoubtedly didn't make a very convincing impression).

Despite the fact that I used the word "disaster", I agree on you 100%. I have been telling here that this is only the beginning of the season, GS has a terrible schedule and it is very demoralizing to lose 3 matches in a row, however these matches mean nothing, really NOTHING!

@rainsofcastamare, strange that you have Sheilla in your profile while she had a nightmare career in Turkey and now doing god knows what :wall:
    Kosheleva has trained less than a month with her new teammates and especially setter, GS played 5 matches and 3 of them were against the strongest teams in this division which only made a few changes in their squads. So calm down and wait for the 2nd round matches :box:

About Kosheleva, yes she is underperforming like last year. Ataman was the one who transferred her and he was extremely excited about her. He mentioned it many times that he would do his best to bring her back to her top shape because he believes in her. You can actually see that in GS's matches, at one of the sets, although Kosheleva couldnt kill a single ball, Gamze set 3-4 balls in a row to her while she was at zone 6, only to bring her back to life. I know some of you think it is silly to do so because it is more important to win, but a good coach knows it is more important to win a player, especially when he has long term goals.

We all know GS's system last year. Everyone was aware that it will be different this year and this is a change for all players. Did you really expect all these players to adapt to the new system in 3-4 weeks? I mean a setter like Gamze to give high and good quality sets to off passes? Kosheleva to hit sets of a very different setter? Rabadzhieva to receive with perfect with a totally new receiving line? This team to have perfect block/defense? The answer is a huge NO! This will take at least 2 more months and I actually don't care how many matches they lose until then.

To me there are only 2 visible problems in this team. Serving has nothing to do with being new to the team, I think Rabadzhieva was in a bad day and GS should at least do this aspect well all together. A libero should be more dominant, talk and cover more space, do extra things. I have seen nothing close to this from Buse and Bihter. I guess more they train, more they will become verbal but GS can actually consider using Seda as OH and transferring a solid foreign libero. It is funny because there are no good local liberos in Turkey anymore. Gizem Karadayi is benched by 2nd libero for example. So I don't think any of the local liberos will make a difference.

• Gizem Karadayi hasn't been benched. She has played every set apart from in one match this year, she is still Bursa's starting libero.

Actually I've only seen her in one game this season (the first one vs Fenerbahce) and I thought she did a really good job considering it was her first game.

• Gizem Karadayi hasn't been benched. She has played every set apart from in one match this year, she is still Bursa's starting libero.

Actually I've only seen her in one game this season (the first one vs Fenerbahce) and I thought she did a really good job considering it was her first game.

It was the match before last one where she was benched. I did not see the last one until today, my mistake.

• Sultanlar Ligi is by far the best league in the world right now. I wonder why they have such an awful ans slow website. I can't find anything.

Would you guys link me to stats and rosters?