You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Inside VolleyCountry. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Saturday, November 25th 2017, 10:04pm

Seems like Serbian volleyball police is once again in full force!
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

Saturday, November 25th 2017, 10:34pm

Beylikdüzü should get rid of Ana Lazarevic
Beşiktaş should find a better one than Olga Biryukova
Seraniksan should find a better one than Tijana Malasevic
Çanakkale should get rid of Jelena Alajbeg

I think first of all, these clubs should become professional :) In Besiktas, they don't even have regular training hours :D

Polish coach, Andrzej Niemczyk, who used to work in Turkey said few times on TV that turkish players never took responsibility in the crucial moments and management always blamed the foreigners.

i have no objection to that..
btw..when had he been in turkey ?
meso mi ra se beno...

Saturday, November 25th 2017, 10:41pm

@rbdfabio..
my point is that the local players of those teams play poorly so the foreigners shouldnt play as poorly as them ;) they are to be the saviors :thumbsup:
meso mi ra se beno...

Janko

Beginner

• "Janko" is male

Favourite Team: Serbia NT (F/M), Netherlands NT (F), Dominican Republic NT (F), Russia NT (F), VakifBank, Eczacıbaşı

Favourite Players: Tijana Boskovic, Stefana Veljkovic, Jovana Brakocevic, Maja Ognjenovic, Milena Rasic, Robin de Kruijf, Celeste Plak, Hande Baladin, Zeng Chunlei, Francesca Piccinini, Jaqueline Carvalho, Brayelin Martínez, Sheilla Castro

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 12:31am

While Fabio can indeed be a little too overzelaous, he is not wrong that one can not say with a straight face than Lazarevic has had a bad season so far, nor can anyone objective say she is her club's main problem.

Do you disagree?

Owl

Mr Impel

• "Owl" is male

Favourite Team: Impel Wrocław

Favourite Players: Joanna Wołosz, Agnieszka Kąkolewska

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 2:43am

Beylikdüzü should get rid of Ana Lazarevic
Beşiktaş should find a better one than Olga Biryukova
Seraniksan should find a better one than Tijana Malasevic
Çanakkale should get rid of Jelena Alajbeg

I think first of all, these clubs should become professional :) In Besiktas, they don't even have regular training hours :D

Polish coach, Andrzej Niemczyk, who used to work in Turkey said few times on TV that turkish players never took responsibility in the crucial moments and management always blamed the foreigners.

i have no objection to that..
btw..when had he been in turkey ?

He's been the coach of Vakifbank (1996-1999) and Eczacibasi 2000-2001).

saishuu

Master

• "saishuu" is male

Favourite Team: BRA (M/F); Trentino, Minas Tênis Clube

Favourite Players: André Heller, Dante, Serginho, Giba, Murilo, Lucarelli, Kaziyski, Sokolov, N'Gapeth; Fê Garay, Sheilla, Fabi, Logan Tom, Kim Yeon-Koung, Kosheleva

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 3:14am

While Fabio can indeed be a little too overzelaous, he is not wrong that one can not say with a straight face than Lazarevic has had a bad season so far, nor can anyone objective say she is her club's main problem.

Do you disagree?
I don't think I care enough to agree or disagree lol I wasn't taking a dig at Lazarevic (or anyone from Serbia) at all, just to make sure.
Gold - European Championship 2013 (M) Prediction Game
Bronze - World Championship 2014 (W) Prediction Game

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 3:41am

I am most disappointed with Malesevic tbh, she is having a horrible season, Lazarevic is even better then her...

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 9:24am

The big three teams all have 8 wins 1 lose now. I think ecz vitra has some kind of advantage in the second half of the season. They do not need to compete in champions league. Let us see whether vakifbank and fenerbache can handle the potential problem of health and injury . :teach:

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 10:17am

The big three teams all have 8 wins 1 lose now. I think ecz vitra has some kind of advantage in the second half of the season. They do not need to compete in champions league. Let us see whether vakifbank and fenerbache can handle the potential problem of health and injury . :teach:

i expect some good things from Gala too..they have a pretty good roster too
meso mi ra se beno...

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 10:20am

im not against any of these foreigners i mentioned even i love passion of some of them
maybe these foreigners i mentioned and also the ones i didnt mention could do better with a different team but f.e. lazarevic with this team and with these local players is a wrong transfer to me and some others too
some other teams in vvsl did better transfering foreigners..f.e. Nilüfer and Halkbank (and the others) dont have great local players either but they do well..
meso mi ra se beno...

JoanaBG

Professional

• "JoanaBG" is female

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 2:07pm

I am most disappointed with Malesevic tbh, she is having a horrible season, Lazarevic is even better then her...

How is she having a horrible season? She played only one really bad match and it was in the last round. Other times she was either decent to good, or her contribution didn't differ from that of the rest of the team. I mean, it's not like I'm saying she's playing spectacularly well either, but she shouldn't be expected to be racking up numbers a la Mihajlović or Plak.

Sunday, November 26th 2017, 3:24pm

When Malasevic played in Sarıyer, she was better at attacking.Because of playing like a libero at national team, her attack is regressed.
Sorry for my bad English ^^

Monday, November 27th 2017, 3:17am

LOL. did you guys see that salas got called by the ref. for carry/conduction because she threw the ball against the block, so on the next play, she slammed the ball down and she stared at the ref. ("look what i can do!").

at about 1:03 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjo37Erck8

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Favourite Team: Fenerbahce, Bursa BBSK, Seramiksan, Turkish NT & Serbian NT & Italian NT

Favourite Players: KYK, Bošković, Rašić, Zhu, Eda Erdem, Naz, Gamze, Egonu, Neriman, Fürst, Crimes, Sloëtjes, Thaisa, Rachel Sanchez

Monday, November 27th 2017, 2:57pm

How is she having a horrible season? She played only one really bad match and it was in the last round. Other times she was either decent to good, or her contribution didn't differ from that of the rest of the team. I mean, it's not like I'm saying she's playing spectacularly well either, but she shouldn't be expected to be racking up numbers a la Mihajlović or Plak.

I don't know, I just feel like Malesevic-Bayramova duo was expected to contribute more to that team then they are at the moment. Malesevic's 19%, 13% and even 9% is just unacceptable for me at this level. I mean I understand it can happen 1-2 matches but there weren't even that many matches yet and her defense/reception was not that amazing to make us forget her failing in offense. Also she just doesn't even seem to get many/bad sets. Setter should not be that affraid to set to a player that has won EC gold as a starter :teach:

But she still has lots of time to improve which is why I at first didn't want to comment about it and I am not making any conclusions yet, Bayramova seems to have stepped up her game a litle as well. This team should be able to make top 8 if everything works out and who knows maybe more after that. But OH's should start contributing more from this point on.

beri

Professional

• "beri" is female

Monday, November 27th 2017, 3:00pm

LOL. did you guys see that salas got called by the ref. for carry/conduction because she threw the ball against the block, so on the next play, she slammed the ball down and she stared at the ref. ("look what i can do!").

Ahaha gotta love the Cuban girls. Actually Sanchez, Ramirez and Salas have been doing this thing all season long, also while staring straight into their opponents faces or referees. I love it :heart: and Salas is a fabulous spiker who is imo criminally underrated

• "Meatballs" is male

Favourite Team: Galatasaray, Turkish NT Women

Favourite Players: Gamze Alikaya, Kim Yeon-koung, Milena Rasic, Isabelle Haak, Saori Kimura

Monday, November 27th 2017, 3:29pm

Ahaha gotta love the Cuban girls. Actually Sanchez, Ramirez and Salas have been doing this thing all season long, also while staring straight into their opponents faces or referees. I love it :heart: and Salas is a fabulous spiker who is imo criminally underrated
I think Salas did actually got a red card this weekend :lol:

SHAME

• "SHAME" is male

Favourite Team: USA (W/M) - BRA (W/M) - PUR (W/M)

Monday, November 27th 2017, 3:44pm

:dance6:
"Voglio i tuoi occhi quando sognerai per farmi rimanere qui"
"...come la terra la pioggia d'estate"
"Io ti ho coperto le spalle, scoprendo tutto il mio cuore"
- Emma :heart: :love:

Monday, November 27th 2017, 4:55pm

:dance6:

I like staring, but Ramirez can get pretty nasty sometimes.. although I think referees are too harsh on her sometimes, because they know how she behaves..

Monday, November 27th 2017, 9:43pm

actually my memories of salas from her days in the CUB NT in the GP were that she was the quietest of the cubans, she always has that blank face and she doesn't say much.

ramirez is of course one of those fiery (sometimes nasty) cubans. was just re-watching an old match between BRA and CUB from around 2007 and commentators were saying that the day before ramirez and calderon had gotten into a fistfight!

even years earlier, i think there is footage of a fight in which the cuban players punched one of the BRA coaches (a man), i think during the WGP. i saw that video so long ago, i don't remember where and when it happened (not atlanta 1996).

being fiery is one thing, being nasty is another. i remember that zoila barros was famous for being an @##!^&%$)(*&^. and i remember how carcaces and goncharova would scream at opponents, that's why i don't like them (and rahimova maybe).

Monday, November 27th 2017, 9:45pm

well, i've been looking for the match of halkbank against galatasaray but can't find it. would have wanted to see salas vs. kosheleva...