Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I think first of all, these clubs should become professional :) In Besiktas, they don't even have regular training hours :D

Polish coach, Andrzej Niemczyk, who used to work in Turkey said few times on TV that turkish players never took responsibility in the crucial moments and management always blamed the foreigners.

i have no objection to that..
    btw..when had he been in turkey ?

• Seems like Serbian volleyball police is once again in full force!

While Fabio can indeed be a little too overzelaous, he is not wrong that one can not say with a straight face than Lazarevic has had a bad season so far, nor can anyone objective say she is her club's main problem.

Do you disagree?

• While Fabio can indeed be a little too overzelaous, he is not wrong that one can not say with a straight face than Lazarevic has had a bad season so far, nor can anyone objective say she is her club's main problem.

Do you disagree?

I don't think I care enough to agree or disagree lol I wasn't taking a dig at Lazarevic (or anyone from Serbia) at all, just to make sure.

• The big three teams all have 8 wins 1 lose now. I think ecz vitra has some kind of advantage in the second half of the season. They do not need to compete in champions league. Let us see whether vakifbank and fenerbache can handle the potential problem of health and injury . :teach:

• The big three teams all have 8 wins 1 lose now. I think ecz vitra has some kind of advantage in the second half of the season. They do not need to compete in champions league. Let us see whether vakifbank and fenerbache can handle the potential problem of health and injury . :teach:

i expect some good things from Gala too..they have a pretty good roster too

• im not against any of these foreigners i mentioned even i love passion of some of them
    maybe these foreigners i mentioned and also the ones i didnt mention could do better with a different team but f.e. lazarevic with this team and with these local players is a wrong transfer to me and some others too
    some other teams in vvsl did better transfering foreigners..f.e. Nilüfer and Halkbank (and the others) dont have great local players either but they do well..

• I am most disappointed with Malesevic tbh, she is having a horrible season, Lazarevic is even better then her...

How is she having a horrible season? She played only one really bad match and it was in the last round. Other times she was either decent to good, or her contribution didn't differ from that of the rest of the team. I mean, it's not like I'm saying she's playing spectacularly well either, but she shouldn't be expected to be racking up numbers a la Mihajlović or Plak.

• How is she having a horrible season? She played only one really bad match and it was in the last round. Other times she was either decent to good, or her contribution didn't differ from that of the rest of the team. I mean, it's not like I'm saying she's playing spectacularly well either, but she shouldn't be expected to be racking up numbers a la Mihajlović or Plak.

I don't know, I just feel like Malesevic-Bayramova duo was expected to contribute more to that team then they are at the moment. Malesevic's 19%, 13% and even 9% is just unacceptable for me at this level. I mean I understand it can happen 1-2 matches but there weren't even that many matches yet and her defense/reception was not that amazing to make us forget her failing in offense. Also she just doesn't even seem to get many/bad sets. Setter should not be that affraid to set to a player that has won EC gold as a starter :teach:

But she still has lots of time to improve which is why I at first didn't want to comment about it and I am not making any conclusions yet, Bayramova seems to have stepped up her game a litle as well. This team should be able to make top 8 if everything works out and who knows maybe more after that. But OH's should start contributing more from this point on.

• LOL. did you guys see that salas got called by the ref. for carry/conduction because she threw the ball against the block, so on the next play, she slammed the ball down and she stared at the ref. ("look what i can do!").

at about 1:03 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjo37Erck8

Ahaha gotta love the Cuban girls. Actually Sanchez, Ramirez and Salas have been doing this thing all season long, also while staring straight into their opponents faces or referees. I love it :heart: and Salas is a fabulous spiker who is imo criminally underrated

• Ahaha gotta love the Cuban girls. Actually Sanchez, Ramirez and Salas have been doing this thing all season long, also while staring straight into their opponents faces or referees. I love it :heart: and Salas is a fabulous spiker who is imo criminally underrated

I think Salas did actually got a red card this weekend :lol:

• actually my memories of salas from her days in the CUB NT in the GP were that she was the quietest of the cubans, she always has that blank face and she doesn't say much.

ramirez is of course one of those fiery (sometimes nasty) cubans. was just re-watching an old match between BRA and CUB from around 2007 and commentators were saying that the day before ramirez and calderon had gotten into a fistfight!

even years earlier, i think there is footage of a fight in which the cuban players punched one of the BRA coaches (a man), i think during the WGP. i saw that video so long ago, i don't remember where and when it happened (not atlanta 1996).

being fiery is one thing, being nasty is another. i remember that zoila barros was famous for being an @##!^&%$)(*&^. and i remember how carcaces and goncharova would scream at opponents, that's why i don't like them (and rahimova maybe).

• Ahaha gotta love the Cuban girls. Actually Sanchez, Ramirez and Salas have been doing this thing all season long, also while staring straight into their opponents faces or referees. I love it :heart: and Salas is a fabulous spiker who is imo criminally underrated

well, i've been looking for the match of halkbank against galatasaray but can't find it. would have wanted to see salas vs. kosheleva...