Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• That one wasn't streamed I think. I'm going to say something which I think some people will hate me for but it is my honest opinion.

Personally I believe and I think Canter mentioned it before that Salas would have been a better fit then Kosheleva for GS. She is at this moment much much better in attack then Kosheleva even if people don't like to admit it. There are few player as explosive as Salas in any team at this moment tbh. Also both cant receive so I don't see that as a problem since Salas would surely contribute in other ways to the team in which current Kosheleva can't really do based on her performance last 2 seasons after not being able to use her drug/not drug :whistling:

At least when Salas receives bad and gets a bad set she can still kill the ball really greatly. That is another way she makes up for her bad reception. Ramirez we all love ofc but the other 2 Cubans (Wilma Salas and Rachel Sanchez Perez) current form and game is what makes Halkbank really good. They also have a better libero then GS. I hope next season or next transfer season Halkbank can transfer a better OH and local MB and oh my they would be super strong :box:

I think on the other hand GS should have transferred Derya Cayirgan instead of Buse Kayacan. I mean Buse is cute and pretty and all but she was bad in Çanakkale and we can see now that that was not just because of Jana Kulan. Bihter is not much better. Also like I said they could have transferred Salas instead of Kosheleva who already had a bad season. Also not to mention I think both transfers would be better options financially.

• Leading a mid level team and playing in a top club is totally different! Look at Mia Jerkov, she was one of the best spikers and second best scorer of the league but look how she performs in a top team like FB. Thus I am skeptical that Salas will show such a performance in GS. On the other hand, I agree with you about Derya. I think she is a very underrated libero. But I think GS wanted to invest on a younger libero after retirement of Nihan, which is not a bad idea. I don't think Buse was bad last season anyway.

In such a libero crisis in Turkey, I can imagine some clubs will use foreign liberos soon. I would love to see any italian liberos or even better Castillo in Turkey :rose:

• well, i've been looking for the match of halkbank against galatasaray but can't find it. would have wanted to see salas vs. kosheleva...

It is at 1:29:00, setter takes the first ball and sets to Salas, while libero Derya thinks she should set it and therefore Salas pushes the ball to the net. Then she pulls the net down with anger and gets a red card :whistle:

• Leading a mid level team and playing in a top club is totally different! Look at Mia Jerkov, she was one of the best spikers and second best scorer of the league but look how she performs in a top team like FB. Thus I am skeptical that Salas will show such a performance in GS. On the other hand, I agree with you about Derya. I think she is a very underrated libero. But I think GS wanted to invest on a younger libero after retirement of Nihan, which is not a bad idea. I don't think Buse was bad last season anyway.

In such a libero crisis in Turkey, I can imagine some clubs will use foreign liberos soon. I would love to see any italian liberos or even better Castillo in Turkey :rose:

I don't agree about Salas-Koshe comparison. I think Salas is doing an excellent job in attacking but she is terrible in defense. If you watch GS's recent matches carefully, you can see that Kosheleva is actually jumping to dig balls in the backrow, while Salas can't move more than 1 meter distance. She is also having up and downs in attacking throughout matches which is understandable. If we make the comparison based on price/output ratio, yes Salas is probably better than Kosheleva. But in overall, Kosheleva is a much better player in all elements of the game. I should also add that Kosheleva is training with her setter Gamze since September while Salas is having her 2nd season with the same setter (i hope I remember correct).

Against Halkbank, Kosheleva attacked with 65% while Salas attacked 45%. Kosheleva did not get much help from her teammates so I think it is a fair comparison. The only big difference is that Salas received 24 serves while Kosheleva received only only 7.

I don't agree about Derya either. Yes she is one of the best Turkish liberos right now and that shows the quality of local liberos unfortunately. One of the reasons why Kosheleva attacked with 65% against Halkbank is having Derya-Salas duo in the backrow. I think all local liberos we have today are one class lower than players like Gulden, Nihan, etc. It is no surprise that FB's receiving is falling a part with Merve, GS having serious troubles in defense with Buse and Bihter, Guidetti constantly changing Gizem Örge and Ayca and still can't come up with a solution. The only fine libero now is Simge Aköz and she is also underperforming in defense.

I agree on Serdar about foreign liberos. I think GS should have afforded one instead of hiring Buse. Bihter is doing as good or even better than her so far. So I would rather spend money on a good foreign libero and play 2 liberos in Turkish league, when Ruseva or Jack are out. So when Asli is in front row, foreign libero comes in, when Ruseva/Jack is in front row, foreign libero comes in, quite reasonable. I don't think Italian liberos will do good in Turkish league. Serve quality and pressure is much higher than Italian league and Mikasa balls float like hell while Molten goes straight with no moves on the air. The only way to ace a team with Molten is to serve hard, so I think Italian liberos might have a hard time receiving with Mikasa and good floater teams. I would rather prefer players with experience of Mikasa ball, Castillo works perfect in that sense.

• that was a stupid red card by salas, she makes a stupid mistake and then pulls the net down. earlier, ramirez got a yellow for complaining too much... actually i'm impressed after all these years that daymi can still kill the ball like that. i don't understand why the coach doesn't have daymi passing the ball more and taking some of the burden off salas, it's not like daymi is getting a ton of sets... but considering how old ramirez is and that she's about bosetti's height, it's impressive she can still kill the ball as often as she does. but i think daymi is there not because she's an incredible OPP but for all her other qualities and experience.

i thought salas was part of a group of 8 or 9 cubans that became citizens of AZE? but then none of them went to play for the AZE NT. (and sanchez became citizen of KAZ.)

• According to the stats best OH players so far are

1#Fromm (a.k.a Brinker) 2#Salas 3#Jerkov 4#Zhu 5#Leys 6#Kosheleva- Interesting that Ramirez is at #10 ( She received 54 times)

Lazarevic has received the most (322 times) 2# Aydin Mariana (287).

OPP - 1#Rahimova 2#Boskovic 3#Rykhliuk 4#Nikolova 5# Aktas

Meryem took the most swings wtih 400, 2# Rykhliuk ( 338)

Joyce has played only 3 games and she has already 143 swings.

Best Blockers

1#Eda 2# Carol 3# Rasic 4# Tokarska 5# Kilicli

Carol has the most blocks with 34, Safranova 25, Eda/Tokarska 24.

• Salas receives and Kosheleva doesnt or very few ! you know receiving always affects player's attack( percent) negatively even some's performance very badly
    so attacking while receiving and only attacking are not the same

i have no aim to justifying my argument but Salas seems to be more effective than Kosheleva but Kosheleva is better at defending (interestingly) (i dont argue that Salas is a better player)

btw..transfering a foreign libero with this 3+1 rule would make no sense to me especially in a league where the the teams who have a good local setter make the difference

i remember Mia Jerkov's percent was always low as playing for Çanakkale etc..but she was a passinonate and leading player in her former teams

• I agree with Canter completely. Playing for mid level teams is actually not that different from playing top teams, I really don't believe or understand that theory in the slightest. Only maybe mentally since you have more pressure and need to be playing at a higher level for a longer time and you need to play better teams more and are expectd to play high level vs them. This can drop some players general performance but they're still spiking the same ball down lol. Mia Jerkov is to me actually prove of that, I don't think she is playing worse so far.

Can we talk about how flawed these best position rankings are, Ceyda Aktas #5 best Opp :rolll: :rolll: :gone: yeah right, I would like to see a match of her where she gets over 40% even 30%or 25% is hard for her lol. They don't even use her much so #5 is absurd, I agree that sub Elif seemed much better, how did she not play before? I hope to see more from Elif Boran from now on. Also wish Dilara Bilge would play as starter in a team, she doesn't play much next to Rykhliuk but for sure is better then horrible players like Ceyda and Ceren whenever I see her.

• [quote='Canter','index.php?page=Thread&postID=353237#post353237']Salas receives and Kosheleva doesnt or very few ! you know receiving always affects player's attack( percent) negatively even some's performance very badly
    so attacking while receiving and only attacking are not the same

Kosheleva does receive, she has 110 receptions, Rabadzhieva has 95. But Salas covers more space and she received 243 times.

And you are right that receiving can affect players attack %, that`s why Lazarevic has not been great in attack, she receives the most (322 times so far) as she tries to cover for everyone including Jana sometimes, but still she got 275 attacks and Jana over 300, while the OPP of the team Ceren got 272 attacks. The OPP of the team should be taking the most swings ( unless u r Kim/Zhu) and not your offensively OH, but job is mainly to pass.

And don`t think I`m defending Lazarevic only because she`s Serbian as someone tried to say.

I`m just giving the facts.

• I'm not a huge fan of Kosheleva but let's remember that other than vs the big 3 teams in the league, Kosheleva has actually played really well. She was not good against Vakif, Fener or Vitra but Gala as a whole team played badly in those matches. Maybe when they play the big 3 again they will give better performances since they will have had more time to get used to one another.

Overall, I don't think Salas or anyone really would have significantly improved GS' season so far - the fact is they are just not as strong as VB, FB and ECZ.

• @rbdfabia..110 balls of Kosheleva mean almost 12 balls per match which is pretty few considering she gets most of the sets during a match
    Lazerevic may play better with receiving less balls (she is an OH) but yet i wouldnt expect too much from her i didnt like her game overall so far :)
    f.e Güldeniz could have done better in that team ( she stands on the bench of Vitra)

• I'm not a huge fan of Kosheleva but let's remember that other than vs the big 3 teams in the league, Kosheleva has actually played really well. She was not good against Vakif, Fener or Vitra but Gala as a whole team played badly in those matches. Maybe when they play the big 3 again they will give better performances since they will have had more time to get used to one another.

Overall, I don't think Salas or anyone really would have significantly improved GS' season so far - the fact is they are just not as strong as VB, FB and ECZ.

if im not wrong
    the stats say :
    Salas has got 332 balls/sets so far after 9 weeks and killed 158 of them : her percent % 47.5
    Kosheleva has got 260 balls killed 125 of them : her percent % 48

Salas has received 243 balls
    Kosheleva has received 110 balls

all these stats dont certainly show that Salas is a better player but show she has been playing better so far

• Two streams today;

14:00 local (12:00 CET) Bursa - EczV which will be streamed at TRT TÜRK

16:30 local (14:30 CET) Seramiksan - VakifBank which will be streamed at
    TRT TÜRK

Good streaming choices I think for this week the only other match I would truly want to see other then those is probably Beşiktaş-Galatasaray, I am really curious what will happen here. Imo if GS wants to win they need to use MB's a lot since that's where they are better to me. I would start with both Ruseva and Jack. but I get people are bored with GS after the GS marathon we had earlier so that one is not streamed. Beylikdüzü-Nilüfer could be interesting too (another tb maybe) but Nilüfer also had a lot of streams lately.

First match starts in 15 mins.

• Boskovic is far from her level. She is making to many mistakes..

• I really like Fatma a lot, definitely the reason this Bursa team is working so well. She is better in defense and reception then the liberos is basically covering all players on court and apart from that she still can attack well and is quite reliable even here and her serve is good too and she even blocks ppl while she is not 195 cm. :super:

Srry Meliha, Gözde etc. imo Fatma is the best defensive OH of Turkey by a mile. :teach: :box:

I agree Boskovic seems a bit shaky today.

• Beşiktaş lost 17-19 in an unlucky tiebreak vs GS. They were leading all match long so they deserved the victory more if you ask me. Also personally I believe GS will only get worse in the second half. With middle teams improving more each week.