Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I think I recently read registrations to different divisions in Turkey are now prolonged. That means Besiktas can indeed refuse to play and shut down or as they say, "freeze" some teams they had. I think the volleyball federation should not remain silent if this happens and punish them. In Sweden when one of the teams refused to play in Elitserien (similar to VVSL), they were forced to restart from the lowest division possible and climb up which took 3 years. Same rule should apply to Besiktas if they shut down/freeze their team now and would like to come back in the future. From Besiktas's side, I think most clubs in Turkey today seperated their football teams from amateur branches which means football sections act like a private unit where they have their own income and expenses. So winning Turkish league in football probably does not influence their decisions on amateur branches. I also think that this decision cannot be taken solely by the chairman Fikret Orman who clearly has a business plan of shutting down amateur branches having more expenses than income. They need to take a decision in the congress, which maybe happened without our knowledge.

In overall, I would prefer a team willing to participate in VVSL than a less ambitious Besiktas now. I don't think it is too late to build a good team actually, because there are still many many good players out there including Leyva etc. The new team can indeed transfer a few of Besiktas's players like Seyma, Ceylan and Olesia. The main problem here is finding a sponsor in a very short notice, I hope whoever comes to VVSL will manage that.

• I am not sure if there are many team would want to play in Turkish league. Even Ilbank did not make any transfer so far and I suspect that they might also withdraw :S

• Tomorrow is the last day of the registration and the board still didn't send the money to the volleyball federation.
    Besiktas just thinks of Pepe at the moment for the soccer team but its very bad atmosphere and they will stop the facilities of the Women basketball as well after great season behind them and they have easy schedule in Eurocup aswell and i don't know why just they don't give 1 fee of the soccer players to both sports.
    Seriously I was so happy after the transfers of Besiktas this season and I am waiting for miracle till tomorrow.
    Praying, it should happen...

• Tomorrow is the last day of the registration and the board still didn't send the money to the volleyball federation.
    Besiktas just thinks of Pepe at the moment for the soccer team but its very bad atmosphere and they will stop the facilities of the Women basketball as well after great season behind them and they have easy schedule in Eurocup aswell and i don't know why just they don't give 1 fee of the soccer players to both sports.
    Seriously I was so happy after the transfers of Besiktas this season and I am waiting for miracle till tomorrow.
    Praying, it should happen...

Any News?

• They registrated the teams as far as I know but they will count on youth players just from what i heard.
    Will try to get more informations in these days but all of the board is on holiday at the moment.
    Take care

• so what will happen to Olga Biryukova (RUS),Margarita Azizova (AZE), Olesia Rykhliuk (UKR) and Maja Tokarska (POL) ?

i hope the other teams in VVSL can sign with them

What a disaster for the players.
    I hope Olesia Rykhliuk can join Vakifbank, she is way better then Lonneke Sloetjes.

• Olessia is a big time choker when the game is on the line. She got bailed out by her teammates in the World Club Championship bronze match.

• Guys Voleybolunsesi says everything is alright with Beşiktaş. There is no mention about playing with Youth team only. What do you think?

http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/…p?cid=08&id=33971&topic=2

read it carefully..
    what is said on that text is Beşiktaş will take part in VVSL but with a less pretentious/demanding squad >>"Siyah-beyazlıların Sultanlar ve Efeler Ligi'nde mütevazi kadrolar ile yer alacağı öğrenildi" :(

• Changes in Turkish league:

• The team finishing as first of the regular season will be rewarded the CL ticket (to play in the 3rd qualification round)

• The technical time-out numbers are reduced to one per set. It will be at 12th point.
  • Does anybody know where in Turkey Anna Grejman (OH) will play?

• Probably somewhere in Ankara but I don't know wheather it's Halkbank, Ilbank or other club.

• Not sure where Anna Grejman might join. You can find all the transfers of Turkish teams in this link by clicking on the team: http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/….php?tgender=2&tperiod=18

Halkbank already has 3 foreigners so I'm not sure if they will use a spot for Grejman, though they certainly need an OH who can receive. However she doesnt have to go to an Ankara team since Ankara is like 4-5 hours distance from Istanbul, 4 hours distance from Bursa etc. Nilufer and Beylikduzu have one more foreigner spot in their squads.

• According to her instagram, She is already in Ankara