Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Turkish users are naming Brakocevic and Maret. If Brakocevic is transferred, then it certainly means GS parts ways with Kosheleva. They were actually having a dinner all together last day and looked kind of like a farewell. Ataman might be considering Neslihan as OH, so Gamze can set like last year to Neslihan & Rabadzhieva to zone 4.

Grothues is registered for Chemik in their CL roster on CEV site, so she can't play CL for another club. Brakocevic is a big question mark these days.
    I don't see any reason why GS would fire Kosheleva. Yes, her non-existent reception caused them big trouble in some matches, but it's not like this is something unexpected :roll:

• We should not forget that we are talking about her based on 1 match she wasn't even on paper. I don't think Kosheleva will leave. I mean this dinner was just with Ceylan (her ex teammate from Ecz) Rhykliuk and Rabadzieva (both played in Volero last season) and don't want to be offensive but speaks nearly the same language. It was not a kind of goodbye dinner.
    Brakocevic is out of shape, and I don't want her to join GS.

Castillo would be awesome. :rose:

• Grothues is registered for Chemik in their CL roster on CEV site, so she can't play CL for another club. Brakocevic is a big question mark these days.
    I don't see any reason why GS would fire Kosheleva. Yes, her non-existent reception caused them big trouble in some matches, but it's not like this is something unexpected :roll:

Exactly, and If you have a libero who can cover her, Kosheleva could be again on fire. Its simply 1 libero with good reception and defense and she can become another player.

• Grothues is registered for Chemik in their CL roster on CEV site, so she can't play CL for another club. Brakocevic is a big question mark these days.

They actually mentioned that Grothues carried that to the court and expecting a permission to play in CL for another team.

GS can do fine with Nesli-Rabadzhieva as OHs and Brakocevic as opposite since they all like to play with faster sets. However I also don't believe GS will fire Kosheleva since entire team seems to like her personally a lot and she still can contribute.

Other opinions are a possible transfer of a setter since Nursevil is not being helpful at all from the bench and Gamze has her moments :whistle:

• Exactly, and If you have a libero who can cover her, Kosheleva could be again on fire. Its simply 1 libero with good reception and defense and she can become another player.

Does this mean Popovic and Rabadzhieva 2 receiver system as in Volero Zurich? :win:

• Brakocevic is an opposite who barely did not even see much action for Altay during the Asian Volleyball Club Champiosnhip. I think a better outside hitter could be much better but I don't know anyone available.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't think that other teams become greater I just think that top 4 teams (Only Vakif stayed on the same level) went down with their games so that is why they are putting "better" matches against them. Fener, Galat. and Ezcasibasi are weaker teams than last seasons. (Eczacibasi at end of the season was bad).

Please tell me you are joking...

• I think Maret is the best available player but if she cannot play for Champions League... That would suck but league is more important anyway. I think having Maret would be great if Demir plays terribly. Atleast there's a choice of players than nothing at all.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Dijkema is also available as setter. GS is lucky, so many good alternatives available still :box:

Dijkema has her moments, too. Setter is always risky because finding a good chemistry. Either transfer one who already played with these players whichs seems quite impossible or don‘t transfer one.

I would like to see Marcon in the Turkish league.

What about Malova? Okay she also doesn‘t receive that well but her defense is superb! She took a break this season? I hope we can see an asian libero like Sano again in GS. But Castillo would do perfect. What about other Dominican players?

• Brakocevic post on instagram and she`s back on the court, I can`t be sure of where she`s at but I think she`s in Italy, I could be wrong but I think saw Samueli Papi on the photo.
    She might be out of rhythm but she`s in great in shape. We don`t know why she did not play at all at the Asia Championship and parted ways with Kazan, I think she might have been pregnant and had a miscarriage, again I`m just guessing.

I hope Gala takes Maret, she`s full of herself, last season she signed with Bolzano and after the OG she was thinking she was better than that and she left as soon as she got the offer from Fenerbache...same thing happening again, she signed with Chemick after the ECH she`s feeling she`s better than that and she wants out now.... and with her gone Busa can play more :P

I don`t get why Gala would fire Kosheleva when she`s playing well..makes no sense.
    But Castillo would be great for any team...

• What just came to my mind....this year, signing a player just for CL would be total bullshit. Most of the teams will have just 6 preliminary matches and then be eliminated with this year's stupid system :down:
    So either GS should sign someone who has a realistic chance to also be used in Turkish league or they should just stick to the team they built before the season.

• Using an out-of-practice Brakocevic to replace Kosheleva would be ridiculous. I love Jovana, but she has not shown she can perform at Kosheleva's level for a few years so I am sure that's not happening. There is no reason for us or GS to overreact, they are doing just as well as I expected they would.

Also, I would love to see Castillo playing in a top European league :heart:

• Why would Galatasaray want Dijkema? Gamze is better than her, and I don't think Laura will fit into their playing style

Eh... I am not going to say that hiring Djikema would be for entirely useless.

I'm pretty sure Guidetti shared some secrets with her. Former Netherlands Coach after all. That might help when they're facing Vakifbank or any strong team. I hope so... :white:

She's also used to setting pretty much the same Koshelevela type of player. Anne Buijs or Celeste Plak. Weak to average reception. Good attacker. I am not personally sold by this but it's a great sales talk if I was her agent. :win:

#FreeBritney

• Brakocevic finished the season in Italy as TOP 5 OPP and also in CL. With her Modena won silver in Seria A, Silver at the Italian Cup and reached the 2nd round of CL.

To say she`s not good anymore because she did not get to play at the Asian Championship is really stupid. Something happened there and that`s why she did not play at all.

Makes no sense to compare her with Kosheleva, one is OPP the other OH.

• i didnt get anything what GS wanted to do with the players mentioned above

Brakoceviv? indeed!!
    Djkema ? indeed !!

i wouldnt say no to Castillo and Maret

It is just guess work. Nothing serious. And Dijkema was not even a rumour. All in all we are going to far and into deep details, whereas there is no official statement. Lets wait and see.