Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• the players on my mind for Gs for the next season : Mexican OH Bricio and Swede OPP Haak...what would you think about them and GS ?

Maybe Bricio could replace Larson. Heard someone saying on VolleyTalk Larson renewed until 2020 with Vitra, don`t know it is true, but I would be surprised, Larson can have a game with and there but that`s it, if Vitra wants to win Turkish League, CL and WCH, they must have a more reliable OH....unless Larson could be just a backup and used as a mentor for Hande.

Also I would take Gabi ( Rexona), she`s a all round OH, and her reception is better than Bricio but I just don`t think she would leave Brazil/Bernardinho.

Another option is Enright....if Plak could pass...there`s not a lot of reliable receivers anymore these days.

• Maybe Bricio could replace Larson. Heard someone saying on VolleyTalk Larson renewed until 2020 with Vitra, don`t know it is true, but I would be surprised, Larson can have a game with and there but that`s it, if Vitra wants to win Turkish League, CL and WCH, they must have a more reliable OH....unless Larson could be just a backup and used as a mentor for Hande.

Also I would take Gabi ( Rexona), she`s a all round OH, and her reception is better than Bricio but I just don`t think she would leave Brazil/Bernardinho.

Another option is Enright....if Plak could pass...there`s not a lot of reliable receivers anymore these days.

i agree with you on your choices...they are good players...i think Bricio is an offensive OH however Gabi is a defensive OH..im not sure if Bricio can do the defensive job that Larson does..i guess Bricio is alread way better attacker than Larson..am i wrong ? maybe Gabi to replace Larson would be better for Vitra than Bricio..
    i liked those three names ( i felt so though i havent watch them so much except Gabi )

• I think for safe measure. It'd be great for Vitra to have a brazilian setter along with Gabi that can maximize her attack.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• i agree with you on your choices...they are good players...i think Bricio is an offensive OH however Gabi is a defensive OH..im not sure if Bricio can do the defensive job that Larson does..i guess Bricio is alread way better attacker than Larson..am i wrong ? maybe Gabi to replace Larson would be better for Vitra than Bricio..
    i liked those three names ( i felt so though i havent watch them so much except Gabi )

Bricio is better attacker than Larson.
    And the thing is, I checked the stats and Meliha has received more balls than Larson and Hande had almost the same amount. This shows Larson is not even that important defensively anymore, only problem is that Meliha and Hande still makes a lot of errs and they can`t be consistent. If Vitra had a more reliable OH then Larson could be benched, I don`t get why Guldeniz does not get more more chances to play.

• Bricio is better attacker than Larson.
    And the thing is, I checked the stats and Meliha has received more balls than Larson and Hande had almost the same amount. This shows Larson is not even that important defensively anymore, only problem is that Meliha and Hande still makes a lot of errs and they can`t be consistent. If Vitra had a more reliable OH then Larson could be benched, I don`t get why Guldeniz does not get more more chances to play.

if Hande and Meliha could do the job well..this would be a great advantage for Vitra indeed considering 3+1 rule !!

• My God what are you talking about ??

Ofc Larson is not reciving so many balls because she is amazing at reception, first me I wouldn't serve on her if you would have chance lmao haahah and secondly she is doing amazing job in defence.

• that would mean only one slot on the court for another foreigner (3+1 rule)

I think there's a great compromise that can happen if they play their cards right.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• My God what are you talking about ??

Ofc Larson is not reciving so many balls because she is amazing at reception, first me I wouldn't serve on her if you would have chance lmao haahah and secondly she is doing amazing job in defence.

Clearly u have not been watching any Vitra games....even Larson`s passing is not good anymore..

Go watch the replays on youtube or at least check her stats on the webpage.

That`s why is so hard to have come decent conversations in this forum, people does not even watch the games.... like Meatballs just said, he will only comment when he knows what he`s talking about.

crovolley please don`t think I`m talking direct to you cuz I`m not ...I`m talking in general for everyone

• Like saying Busa is better than Maret? :rolll:

#FreeBritney

• Like saying Busa is better than Maret? :rolll:

and so what?? That`s my personal opinion. I like Busa better and that`s it. I`m saying that as a whole and I`m not talking about their performances in the Polish League right now, Maret is not playing, but let`s say she was playing and playing better than Busa I would never say Busa is better. Because that would show I`m not watching and I`m just saying stupid things because I like one player better than the other.

Right now I`m talking about Larson`s current performances and not as a player.....If anyone has been watching Larson for the past 2 seasons they know what I`m talking about...

• Why would Galatasaray want Dijkema? Gamze is better than her, and I don't think Laura will fit into their playing style

This, sorry but I fail to see anything special in Dijkema. Always thought all the Dutch NT needed was a better setter then her or the other options.

I haven't read much about the other rumous yet so I'll respond to that later.

Edit: lol I think GS is a bit desperate atm, considering they play barely any better then teams half their budget. I would be pissed too if I was them and I would not be shocked if Kosheleva 'got fired'. But I do not think GS will be any better in 2nd half or will have any chance in CL at least against VB/FB. Maret+Brakocevic wouldn't be all that bad tbh, I still liked Brakocevic a lot last season in Modena, much better offensively then Kosheleva atm in my opinion. At least from what I saw in Modena

• Altinli, I dont like these abstract comments. Can you please explain to us what is wrong with GS, why you think they will be worse in 2nd half?

To me, I always try to explain what i find wrong in detail with team. I wrote here many times that GS will only get better until 2nd half and their main problems are liberos and serves. Now they are transferring a foreign libero which is a great move and improvement. That means one of the MBs will watch the match with spectators, most likely Ruseva during league. In this way GS can use the foreign libero while Asli is in the front row and also ensures good serve tempo by adding Asli. The second transfer might be a local MB, I'm not sure who but if Ruseva is not in squad, they need a third MB to be a sub, hopefully not Özgenur. That MB has to be a good server as well so she can come in for Jack at times to serve. Ruseva will be off because she is not a slider.

In my opinion FB and Eczacibasi are the ones who will have troubles on the 2nd half. FB relies only on their serve tempo. When opponents start to receive better and serve, we will watch FB having troubles in defense, serve receive and attacking all together. Even their blocking will go down since opponent setters can design a better attack. The problem is reverse in Eczacibasi, they will have more troubles to kill the ball because the only reliable attackers of the team are Adams and Boskovic. The entire Eczacibasi reminds me of last season's GS. We can see how their entire game falls apart when receiving goes off, because both Meliha and Hande are so instable, one day they attack over 50%, the other day with 20%. Guldeniz can't save them in that aspect either, Larson can't either. Let's hope teams don't find a way to stop Boskovic until playoffs :whistle:

• Brakocevic is too inconsistent recently, she plays too many bad games. I'm not saying she isn't good, of course she is but her level is not what it was. Kosheleva's attack was still good even last season she was one of the best attackers in the league (I mean in % not in total because she didn't play about half the matches) and this season it is the same. Also it is relevant to compare her with Jovana because people were saying Neslihan could go to OH and Jovana to OPP so she would really be replacing Kosheleva in the team. In Modena Brakocevic did well overall I guess, but Novara totally shut her down in the final series and they wouldn't even have beaten Conegliano if they hadn't taken out Jovana and brought in Bianchini.

Honestly Kosheleva is not the problem for this team if they use Neslihan as receiving OPP, a better receiving libero is what they need. Hopefully they can also get Rabadzhieva to cover more ground on reception so Neslihan can be used more in attack and Rabadzhieva not so much.

• I'm just saying imo Kosheleva is a huge problem foe GS, personally I would take a risk and go for Jovana + Maret since I don't think GS will do wonders with Kosheleva even though I like her passion. Yes Kosheleva has a nice percentage and ratio but whenever I watch a GS match I can immediately see that there is so much wrong with GS's game with Kosheleva. It is a fact that Galatasaray has to adjust their whole system just so Koshe can kill balls and even that she simply can't do as she used to especially whenever she faces teams with good block/defense. Just watch her spikes a few years ago and now, she still jumps nice and high but it is all just not that powerful and well placed anymore. I agree that the liberos are not good and think it was wrong to transfer Buse Kayacan when Çanakkale basically got eliminated in Challenge Cup because of her, what were they even thinking?!

Imo after almost half a season we can see a bit what teams are up to and GS realizes that they didn't build the team they'd hoped for. I personally wouldn't get a foreign libero.

So what I am saying is I can't see GS winning anything with Kosheleva as a main scorer when other teams have Boskovic, Zhu Ting, Rahimova in TR and the Italians have dominant players as well. Her current form is nowhere near the others and Neslihan simply isn't a killer opposite anymore which we both agree on rather an all around one. Dobriana suffers a lot from this system I think as well. Galatasaray just looks weaker and I think it is stupid that they didn't see this coming as it was pretty obvious.

• ^ I do agree with some of this but really I don't see players like Balkestein and Brakocevic helping very much. The big three teams are all really, really good. Kosheleva won't help them beat these teams but neither will those other players.

The only reason they beat Vakif last year was because of the very fast tempo they played and they can't play that way anymore. I get why they brought in Kosheleva though because that kind of very fast play doesn't work very often - just look at their other results against the big teams last year - and they wanted a super reliable attacker instead

• Brakocevic is too inconsistent recently, she plays too many bad games.

Well, we can't talk about "recently" in her case as she hasn't played in over 6 months. Clearly something happened to her at the end of the last season, her performance after the first play-off final match was shockingly bad, then she didn't play at the Asian championship like she was supposed to, and it all ended with her breaking her contract in Russia before she even got there. There was definitely something very wrong, although I guess we'll never know what happened exactly.
    That said, who knows how she'd perform now. At least she looks very fit physically, but she's clearly not a quick fix solution for any team at the moment, Galatasaray included.
    Anyway, I think we'll see her somewhere in Italy after January.