Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Kosheleva just needs to be covered like in her NT and she can be the player to bring GS a cup. A foreign libero or just say a libero who receives very well and has some defense would make GS different!

Maybe back in 2015, but not now. Kosheleva is no longer the player who can bring her teams to titles on the back of her offensive performance (at least not without some MAJOR help from another offensive juggernaut, and we can all agree Neslihan is no longer that).

• Maybe back in 2015, but not now. Kosheleva is no longer the player who can bring her teams to titles on the back of her offensive performance (at least not without some MAJOR help from another offensive juggernaut, and we can all agree Neslihan is no longer that).

Sure she has there Goncharova but if Rabadzhieva Neslihan and Jack/Ruseva take a bit responsibilities than it can get almost the same outcome.

• I agree with Janko. I mean really, just like in NT? Her NT is failing as well lets remember that. I mean I get, we all love Kosheleva's energy and passion on court but she is lacking in everything else especially when we compare her to the options other teams have. Lets see what GS will do now, it is clear they have to make some moves now whether it is with Kosheleva or w/o

• Kosheleva answered one of the instagram users that she only has a minor injury and it is not true that she is leaving. :win:

I guess we will see the transfer news from GS soon because they would like the new player to be ready for the Vakifbank match at 14 December, which means the new player(s) will need at least a week to train with the team before such a match.

• I have seen numerous posters suggest that GS should use their OPP as a serve-receiver (whether Neslihan or Kılıç or a new signing) to cover for Koshe defensively. Sorry, but that is incredible short-sighted. It's nothing more than a band-aid applied to an open abdomen wound. While that may indeed improve their defence, it would place even more pressure for Koshe to carry her team offensively, along with an occasional inspired performance by Rabadzhieva and Jack (who, btw, is herself far from her best atm).

Surely no one believes that 2017 version of Kosheleva, Rabadzhieva , out-of-shape Jack, Ruseva and a defensive OPP is a kind of offensive line-up that can win a title in a league that has VakifBank, Eczacıbaşı and Fenerbahçe?

• Surely no one believes that 2017 version of Kosheleva, Rabadzhieva , out-of-shape Jack, Ruseva and a defensive OPP is a kind of offensive line-up that can win a title in a league that has VakifBank, Eczacıbaşı and Fenerbahçe?

No, I don't believe they can win the title with this line-up or any other. Galatasaray are simply not as strong as these teams for now. However I do think Neslihan should receive because she is better at it than Kosheleva.

Yes it puts more pressure on Koshe to carry the team but if she was also receiving it would put that pressure on Neslihan to carry the team and I think we can agree that would not be a good thing

• No, I don't believe they can win the title with this line-up or any other. Galatasaray are simply not as strong as these teams for now. However I do think Neslihan should receive because she is better at it than Kosheleva.

Yes it puts more pressure on Koshe to carry the team but if she was also receiving it would put that pressure on Neslihan to carry the team and I think we can agree that would not be a good thing

I do think that this can work in the long run with a more stable libero. Because GS has a very creative setter, Gamze. Last year she made Leys-Guldeniz-Centoni trio attack very well, because the receiving was working well and Nihan was making crazy defenses in the backrow. This year the defense will always be somehow retarded when Kosheleva is at zone 6, but in my opinion Kosheleva-Rabadzhieva-Neslihan trio is far more offensive than last year's trio. If this new trio can deliver good receiving to Gamze, we will see a much better attacking performance from GS. Jack is slowly getting back to shape btw, she was one of the best scorers against Besiktas already.

• Its over for Kosheleva. After this season, she should go back to Russian league where she belongs, where she can hit and score as most of teams there are lack in defense. She doesnt belong here in the best league. And I expect no team in Turkish league signs her.

• Wow, so many Koshe haters here, anyway I hope she proves you all wrong.

In my opinion, GS did a wrong choice by signing an OH like Kosheleva. It would be the same problem if they signed with Carcases or Buijs too. Their setter likes to play a fast game, it would best to have 2 balanced OHs like Rabadzhieva-Guldeniz, Rabadzhieva-Maret etc and a dominant opposite instead, like Haak. Since they couldn't sign with a good opposite, they chose Neslihan who can also receive, so that they could fill Centoni's gap with Kosheleva, which didnt work well, because Gamze plays better with faster sets to zone 4. It won't be all that strange if Neslihan now moves to zone 4 since she actually has a faster attacking approach and can play with fast sets at zone 4.

• Seriously? Pages and pages about Kosheleva's shape or being done as world class player again? :wall:

This topic subjects: 50% Kosheleva is weak, 45% Naz is killing Vakifbank, 5% everything else. :gone:

• you dont always need superstars to be a strong team.if you have good players and a balanced team you can be strong enough.
    new Brazil NT is a good example for this.they dont have superstars but yet they are a good/strong team and won last WGP

i feel GS has enough power to be a strong team they just need to pass well and defend well...a good libero is needed,a good libero is important
    not for VVSL but for CL a foreign libero can be considered
    i mean Koshe,Nesli,Dobi,Sinead,Ruse,Gamze all these players are good enough to constitute a good team

• Why are they playing at 4pm? Security reasons?

Usually weekday games should start the earliest at 7pm, at least people are off work. And the arena is nearly empty.

In Brazil some games starts at 10pm because that`s the only time TV will broadcast.

• Bursa - Vakif on TRT Spor now.

Early timing for the matches has probably got to do with the broadcaster. It is stupid indeed, I hope next year TVF parts ways with TRT as they're a disaster in so many different ways. I don't know why TVF decided to work with the worst and most biased TV broadcaster of Turkey: TRT anyway.

• Sloetjes has been in really really good form lately. I don't know if anyone noticed it but her approach has been twice as fast and her spikes have been at least twice as powerful then her usual. :box: