Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• GS is back at 14-9 against Canakkale and Canakkale already has 7 aces, 5 of them from Alajbeg. She aced Neslihan 4 times and Buse 3 times I think. :down:

At GS's side, Rabadzhieva missed her first serve, then Ruseva made a very easy serve, then Seda missed her serve. Summary of the season for GS so far...

• Following my first message, Rabadzhieva first made a good serve and then an ace and now GS is back to 16-14. Its all about serving! :wavy:

• GS lost yet another set, 27-25. It is 1-0 for Canakkale. I counted 7 aces until the half of the set, it would be absurd if GS won a set with so many mistakes.

• Wow GS is leading 1-2

But Çanakkale 9-1 GS now in the 4th o.O

Edit: Gs plays another tiebreak vs a mid range team. I don't see a reason to call them one of the top teams tbh, the top teams beat them easily and they are same level as a lot of the mid teams

• Wow GS is leading 1-2

Edit: Gs plays another tiebreak vs a mid range team. I don't see a reason to call them one of the top teams tbh, the top teams beat them easily and they are same level as a lot of the mid teams

They're still winning or fighting without Kosheleva. That's not bad.

Anyway... Can't properly comment without a livestream so I don't know what to say.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• So GS beats 2nd last placed Çanakkale 2-3 (14-16) in another very close tiebreak.

Çanakkale overall was a joke this season and even lost Balkan cup. Then again Ipek Soroglu was injured and now they have Joyce in their squad. Maybe they will do better in 2nd half, they have some nice individual players but I think overall they are one of the worst teams in the league which is probably why GS would not be happy at all with this result.

• Wow GS is leading 1-2

Very biased and lack of objectivity. FB lost 3 matches in 8 weeks last season, including a 3-2 lose to Canakkale. They won majority of rest of the matches 3-1 and they were pretty close. What happened in the end? They closed the season with 2 cups. The milestone was the transfer of Maret.

Now GS is having similar problems against mid teams, but it is during when their main scorer is injured! Of course, if you lack objectivity like Beri, you would not even mention lack of Kosheleva :down: I think the transfer of a new libero can make the same effect to GS as Maret did to FB last season.

• FB lost 3-2 against Çanakkale when Kim Yeon Koung was injured and it was the first time FB played without KYK. Not to mention, Çanakkale was like 5th in the league back then and had a better roster. It is questionable if Çanakkale is even a mid level team this season. It is just my point of view and it is not based on just their results lately I am not hating GS just bcs I am a FB supporter. I just don't see this GS reaching big things unless they can make some critical transfers.

• FB lost 3-2 against Çanakkale when Kim Yeon Koung was injured and it was the first time FB played without KYK. Not to mention, Çanakkale was like 5th in the league back then and had a better roster. It is questionable if Çanakkale is even a mid level team this season. It is just my point of view and it is not based on just their results lately I am not hating GS just bcs I am a FB supporter. I just don't see this GS reaching big things unless they can make some critical transfers.

Yeah good, but what do you expect people to think now when you explain FB lost because KYK was injured but ignore the fact that GS lost 2 sets because Kosheleva was injured? Besides, Canakkale made a very improvement with the transfer of Joyce, who was one of the best opposites in the league last season. I think they will play much better in 2nd half.

Now the stats of the match are available. Canakkale's setter Arisoy served 34 times with 8 aces! Kudos!

At GS's side, liberos made 7 errors in total, Neslihan made 7 receiving errors all alone. Neslihan and Seda attacked terrible, Neslihan's W-L ratio is -6! Kudos to Ruseva, great work! I love how middles of GS are winning the last 2 matches all alone but this is also a bad indicator that once Kosheleva is not there, GS stops killing anything from the wing spikers (except Rabadzehiva today). It is a very tough dilemma, GS certainly needs a strong libero because nothing will work with this receiving line and defense, however both middles are performing great, making it hard to send one of them of the squad! It would be great to have Guldeniz & Nihan back...

On the other hand, with a solid libero and the middles performing like this, GS can do good in CL :wavy:

• I don't know why you keep saying I ignore the fact that Kosheleva is absent which is not true at all. I actually asked you before you could tell it if she was absent or not and then you answered. Using that also as a way to attack me personally while it is not true :down: I am not going to say Kosheleva is absent in all of my posts when we already discussed that...

I don't hold any personal grudges against you, actually see you as one of the more positive members generally. So if you think it is annoying that I write negative about GS all the time you can just say it. I have been mentioning it a lot recently it is understandable.

• GS are clearly a level above the middle teams in Turkey. Gala have an 8-3 record in the league this season while all the mid teams have losing records. They aren't on the same level as the top 3 but are on a level above the rest IMO

• Are we seriously comparing Kim to Kosheleva? :white:

Anyway... I still feel that having someone to replace Demir is an absolute must. Can't expect someone to carry a burden like this with her age and stay healthy all through out the season. You must expect atleast a scenario like Demir becoming unavailable or heavily underperforming.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I don't know why you keep saying I ignore the fact that Kosheleva is absent which is not true at all. I actually asked you before you could tell it if she was absent or not and then you answered. Using that also as a way to attack me personally while it is not true :down: I am not going to say Kosheleva is absent in all of my posts when we already discussed that...

I don't hold any personal grudges against you, actually see you as one of the more positive members generally. So if you think it is annoying that I write negative about GS all the time you can just say it. I have been mentioning it a lot recently it is understandable.

I am not holding a grudge against anyone but I get annoyed when users here make very direct, negative comments about a team like "GS is not a top team, it is not different than mid level teams" after two matches they barely won against 2 mid level teams. If you put it this way "GS without Kosheleva is not different than mid level teams", then I would agree on you totally, because that is what the last 2 matches showed us.

Rains of Castamere, not sure how you read it really but noone is comparing KYK and Kosheleva. When FB lost a match last season their best player KYK was injured, now when GS is having troubles two matches in a row when their best scorer is missing. God, I should seriously take a break from this forum because I am getting tired of explaining things to people :mad:

• Neslihan has to be used that often because of Kosheleva's injury. Before her injury, Koshe was getting most of the sets on the wings. Now what should Gamze do? Seda is like a ghost after coming back from injury, Rabadzhieva is not an attacker either, of course they will overuse the most experienced opposite. That's sad but it is clear that this is just a temporary situation. When Kosheleva is fine and back, I am sure Cansu Cetin etc. will replace Neslihan in easier matches in 2nd half.

• VVSL Results of Week 11 :

Vakıfbank - Bursa BB. : 3-0
    Stats
    Youtube
    Ilbank - K.Beylikdüzü VI. : 0-3
    Stats
    Çanakkale B. - Galatasaray : 2-3
    Stats
    Nilüfer B. - Beşiktaş : 3-0
    Stats
    Fenerbahçe - Seramiksan : 3-0
    Stats