Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• So it was not Brenda Castillo but was Gizem Karadayi GS transferred. How are they planning to solve their receiving problems with her when she was benched by Aylin during the last 2-3 matches because of her receiving? :teach:

We will sure see better defense but much worse receiving. Now I don't expect much from GS this season anymore :white:

• Oh geez what a bad transfer, basically getting Bursa's 2nd libero :aww: Bursa is a good receiving team so I get thats why they look for a quick solution there but Gizem Karadayi really is not the answer to GS's problems imo. I'm surprised they didn't go for Aylin since she actually played much better then Gizem as a starter and she is just 22 y/o. Would have been a great investment. Anyway I'm sure Gizem Karadayi will already be a huge improvement next to Buse and Bihter and sure she can help GS more then them.

• The schedule and matches for Kupa Voley 2017-2018 (Turkish cup) which will be held from 16-24 December have been announced;

16 December:

Nilüfer - Halkbank (winner vs EczV)

Çanakkale - Beşiktaş (winner vs Galatasaray)

İlbank - Seramiksan (winner vs Fenerbahçe)

Beylikdüzü - Bursa BBSK (winner vs VakifBank)

19 december:

Halkbank - Nilüfer

Beşiktaş - Çanakkale

Seramiksan - İlbank

Bursa BBSK - Beylikdüzü

The top 4 seeds are automatically placed in the second round.

This will be exciting :box:

Edit: leo2017 I got it from here and II think it is the full schedule for nowVoleybolunsesi the finals are between the 22nd and 24th.

• Gala probably has a limit on its budget. Kosheleva/Nelishan/Rabadzhieva probably weren't a cheap transfer. I still feel they need a more all-around OH like Balkestein than a foreign libero for Nelishan to have some rest and vice versa.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I like Gizem, but she is obviously not near the level that Brenda is at.

Yeah, her reception isn't the best but her defence is pretty good and I think she is definitely better than what they have now so I agree with beri

• Good match-ups!

Nilüfer - Halkbank (winner vs EczV) : this is a good match-up..i see Halkbank as the winner/the fav.

Çanakkale - Beşiktaş (winner vs Galatasaray) : i think Beşiktaş is slightly the fav but the match can go either way.If Koshe isnt back on time Gala can have diff. against the winner of this match-up

İlbank - Seramiksan (winner vs Fenerbahçe) : Seramiksan is the clear fav.

Beylikdüzü - Bursa BBSK (winner vs VakifBank) : i see Bursa as the fav.

• Now i expect the match between ecz vitra and galatasaray in the Kup volley!! Let us see whether galatasaray can make more improvements and win the match! :teach:

• Day 1 of Kupa Voley:

Ilbank - Seramiksan 1-3 (20-25 19-25 25-20 21-25)
    M. Boz 23pts, N. Krsmanovic 14pts (71%),
    C.B. Caglar 14 pts (50%)

Nilüfer - Halkbank 3-0 (25-20 25-12 25-23)
    B. Güler 16 pts

Çanakkale - Beşiktaş 3-1 (25-21 25-20 23-25 25-20)
    M. Fromm 16pts, J. Alajberg 16pts, A. Rykhliuk 16pts

Beylikdüzü - Bursa BBSK 3-1 (25-21 25-22 22-25 25-13)
    C. Kestirengoz 20pts (52%) , Y. Belien 12 pts (55%)

A lot of surprises today as all the 'faves' lose against the home teams (except Seramiksan).

I was in Cengiz Gollu and watched Nilüfer vs Halkbank and one player that truly was outstanding to me was Elif Boran (Opp) despite not having made amazing numbers she was truly remarkable to me. Alper Erdogus kept substituting her when playing good which was frustrating to watch. She is definitely a player to watch imo. Not making tons of errors, has a very fast approach and a strong arm swing. She gives me almost a Voronkova-esque vibe. Btw guys pls understand I am not saying she is for sure super good or that she is Voronkova I am saying I want to see her play more often as I don't see many players like her or see a better option for Nilüfer.

Btw semi finals and final will be broadcasted for people that are wondering. Return matches are this tuesday (19th)

• im surprised that halkbank lost 3-0 then i realized Halkbank's offensive leader Salas didnt play Daymi didnt play either
    Daymi was injuried in last match of first half of regular season but what happened to Salas?

congrats to Beylikdüzü they beat Bursa! Good job!

• im surprised that halkbank lost 3-0 then i realized Halkbank's offensive leader Salas didnt play Daymi didnt play either
    Daymi was injuried in last match of first half of regular season but what happened to Salas?

congrats to Beylikdüzü they beat Bursa! Good job!

fatma is not on the court. so the reception is not stable i believe. I think some mid-level teams just give up this competition??like halk bank and bursa? :what:

• fatma is not on the court. so the reception is not stable i believe. I think some mid-level teams just give up this competition??like halk bank and bursa? :what:

True she was not on court which was probably why they lose with bad reception. Ramirez & Salas were injured for Halkbank and Fatma injured for Bursa. I don't know how serious it is though I hope not serious. But if the usual players can play second match I think both teams can win the match in 2nd round. Bursa even made semi finals last year placing top 4 in Kupa Voley, they would never give up. However Bursa without Fatma and Halkbank without Salas probably can't win.

• Beşiktaş* - Çanakkale 3-1 (golden set 15-12)
    A. Rykhliuk 29pts, Joyce 17pts, H. Topaloglu 16pts

Seramiksan* - Ilbank 3-0
    M. Boz 13pts, Bayramova 12pts

Bursa - Beylikdüzü* 3-0 (golden set 14:16) :white:
    J. Kulan 25pts, A. Bytsenko 20pts

Halkbank - Nilüfer* 0-3
    P. R. Sanchez 14pts , A. Buijs 14pts (54%), D.S.A Carolina 14pts (69%)

All stats are at: http://tvf-web.dataproject.com/CompetitionHome.aspx?ID=28

Just shows how important Fatma is for Bursa. They won 3-0 but Beylikdüzü had just a little more gunpower left for the golden set after losing 3 sets before that. Congrats to Beylikdüzü btw what a fighter team it is. They played tiebreaks against big team, mid level, low level. It really doesn't seem to matter for Beylikdüzü :lol: so a golden set win is very fitting to them. With 2meters tall Jana Kulan as main offensive power they are always a danger. Sad for Halkbank but I knew this would happen if Salas and Ramirez were still injured and seems they were, poor Sanchez was still fighting alone. BJK and Çanakkale player a very close golden set too.

Quarter finals:

Beylikdüzü - VakifBank

Galatasaray - Beşiktaş

Seramiksan - Fenerbahçe

Eczacibaşi - Nilüfer

Go Beylikdüzü beat VB 3-2 :lol: 8)

• Well,good news for vakifbank. The first round is weaker opponent. I am interested in eczvitra vs galatasary. New ecz vitra vs old ecz vitra. The final maybe between new ecz vitra and vakifbank. :teach:

• GS will have to beat a very strong and tough Beşiktaş before they can focus on EczV. I see GS - BJK as the closest match of the quarter final although I think there could be more surprises. Rykhliuk, Seyma Ercan, Maja Tokarska, Biryukova etc. Beşiktaş has a very good roster.

• GS will have to beat a very strong and tough Beşiktaş before they can focus on EczV. I see GS - BJK as the closest match of the quarter final although I think there could be more surprises. Rykhliuk, Seyma Ercan, Maja Tokarska, Biryukova etc. Beşiktaş has a very good roster.

With Kosheleva back and watching her last performance against Vakifbank, I don't think GS will have troubles against BJK, now also Gizem Karadayi who also played a great match against Vakifbank is playing for GS.

I actually have a feeling that GS will beat Eczacibasi in semis and that will be the beginning of a new season for them, that is just a strong feeling though. :super:

• With Kosheleva back and watching her last performance against Vakifbank, I don't think GS will have troubles against BJK, now also Gizem Karadayi who also played a great match against Vakifbank is playing for GS.

I actually have a feeling that GS will beat Eczacibasi in semis and that will be the beginning of a new season for them, that is just a strong feeling though. :super:

I think if the GS supporters sing enough loud and noisy, they may affect the performance of ecz vitra. :cheesy: