Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• What do GS and Fener fans sing? Can anyone translate? Thanks.

Motivational songs with lots of positive vibes in general. Also songs of the club itself. Personally knowing exactly what the meaning of those songs are I can't understand how it would affect any team in a negative way. Just good spirited chants all around, sounds lovely to me.

• Really? Complaining about SINGING? OMG!

I think he's thinking of chanting which is similar to singing words repeatedly but louder than normal which usually is aimed to boost morale of your favorite team or to deflate the opponent cause uhh... you already heard what a few people can do in a venue meant for Vakifbank fans.

Imagine an arena full of Fenerbahce or Galatarasay fans. :win:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Motivational songs with lots of positive vibes in general. Also songs of the club itself. Personally knowing exactly what the meaning of those songs are I can't understand how it would affect any team in a negative way. Just good spirited chants all around, sounds lovely to me.

Volleyball is all about communication which leads to better team work.

No matter what people say... it hurts for the team if the game is being overpowered by those chants. It's never a good thing. You want an equal opportunity for everyone. This is not like football where it is played outdoor. The sound is still there but that's fine. With indoor... the sound will reverberate and will turn to... noise. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

Edited once, last by Rains_of_Castamere ().

• See I would agree normally but the thing people don't know is a lot of the songs which FB fans are singing are completely neutral, sure they make it known who they support as well but I would say 75% of the chants are just positive vibes all around for both teams at least from Fenerbahçe supporters, I can't say the same about GS. Basically songs/chants that would make any Turkish person feel comfortable and motivated which is why I say I like FB supporters so much. Also I do not believe athletes should be so weak that they get hurt by supporters from the other side, that is what it means to play at home court and that disadvantage is normal.

• Well that's fine but if some of the turkish fans keep doing that then Japan/China/Thailand will keep on hosting the world grand prix or major tournaments.

Every player/team wants to have a good time. Not saying Turkey at home cannot provide that but casual fans/players generally hate hooligans.

#FreeBritney

• Hi everyone
    I was able to watch both semi finals of turkish cup
    I coudnt believe Gs wasted the opportunity of playing a tie break set
    On a day Boşkoviç was far from her good performance Gs should have used it better
    Larson was the best of Vitra.Libero Simge was good also Güldeniz had a good affect in a short time she played

Vakıfbank deserved winning the match against Fener.They as whole team were very eager to win the match
    Zhu was impressive in fourt set.Gözde played a very good game
    Kelsey was pretty good Naz helped her leaving her against single blocks
    Naz played a very good game
    Most silent name was Raşiç
    Fener should have resisted better
    Rahimova played a good match only but the others not
    Natalia should have played better than that

Fener made crucial mistakes during the transfer era by the coach not keeping setter Ezgi in the team.
    They shoul have transferred a more balanced foreign OH than Mia.She is neither a pure passer nor a pure attacker
    Çağla Akın is not enough for this team
    They should have found better local OHs than Ezgi and Damla

I hope we can watch a good final tomorrow
    Vakıf has a revenge to take from Vitra
    I feel Vakıf will win

• I feel many folks here have a strong love and hate feeling with Vakifbank. In one hand you wish ardently this team stay strong with very strong players. But in other hand, you have a strong wish that this team get beaten badly.

• Really? Complaining about SINGING? OMG!

Relax dude! He was just curious about the lyric of those songs. No need to be sarcastic and behave like a passive aggressive snowflake.

• Also I do not believe athletes should be so weak that they get hurt by supporters from the other side, that is what it means to play at home court and that disadvantage is normal.

The question is what is the limit. Is it ok booing? Is it ok using offensive language? is it ok using strident noise during the serve? is it ok using laser pointer? is it ok using firecracker?? What a sport will become without fairness ?

• Tomkom was there in the final part of set 2. She came in and FB almost lost a set! Oh! But her partner is Polen.. U better pray when she came in. Tbf, the Turkish setter did a pretty good job actually. The outcome wouldnt have been different no matter who played more becuase, on the other side to the net, Naz wasnt choked and Zhu was a beast yesterday.

• Tomkom was there in the final part of set 2. She came in and FB almost lost a set! Oh! But her partner is Polen.. U better pray when she came in. Tbf, the Turkish setter did a pretty good job actually. The outcome wouldnt have been different no matter who played more becuase, on the other side to the net, Naz wasnt choked and Zhu was a beast yesterday.

It was just Zhu's normal standard. Vakifbank did not ride Zhu this season because of wrist injury.

By the way, since the third set, she does not receive, her success rate is 71%,efficiency rate 67%.

• We all know that Zhu is a great player
    No need to praise her crazily after every good match of hers
    Its getting irritating indeed
    Not only for Zhu but for every player is so

I also agree on that, but we can not control it. If one fan posts one post regarding unfair comment to zhuting, i think the posts here are not too much in this forum. :what: