Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Naz is doing a very good job, simply outplaying Maja :heart:

Maja looks a bit desperate. She gives very few balls to Boskovic which is weird, her MBs are too weak to set them regularly, Meliha doesn't produce and neither does Larson after a good start. Life is easier for Naz today and she really uses her options at best, but I'd love to see how Maja would play in this Vakifbank team.

• Maja makes her team desperate at times imo. At 14-15 f.e. Eczacibasi catched on with Vakifbank and needed a side out to which Maja chose to steal the show and tried a very bad and unnecessary attack which resulted in VakifBank opening the gap instead of setting to the reliable spiker she decided she wanted to steal the show. I see such things a lot with Maja actually and her setting preferences are odd at times. All this causes is too much unnecessary pressure on every single player.

• Maja looks a bit desperate. She gives very few balls to Boskovic which is weird, her MBs are too weak to set them regularly, Meliha doesn't produce and neither does Larson after a good start. Life is easier for Naz today and she really uses her options at best, but I'd love to see how Maja would play in this Vakifbank team.

Big problem when the team is too much dependent on the opposite and she's not playing her best. Larson plays against their best blockers Rasic-Sloetjes/Aydemir. Maja needs to take off some pressure from her, since they will go on her the whole time. Both the middles are rather weak spikers. Boskovic is not herself so far. Meliha is ok to me, I don't expect more.

Naz is the big advantage between Vakif and every other team in Turkey. I see VakifBank having troubles just in CL matches against Fenerbahce.

• Maja looks a bit desperate. She gives very few balls to Boskovic which is weird, her MBs are too weak to set them regularly, Meliha doesn't produce and neither does Larson after a good start. Life is easier for Naz today and she really uses her options at best, but I'd love to see how Maja would play in this Vakifbank team.

Of course I agree, but yesterday Beyza had a really good attacking performance, and today she has been given very few balls.. also Meliha and Larson did a pretty good job offensively.. Maja is known for loving her OPPs, so she'll go to Boskovic again and again (I'm not saying she's boring by any means, but she keeps feeding her Oposite players a lot)

• Boskovic still gets many balls, just not as many as in the past. I think Motta likes for all his players to get a lot of balls, unlike Barbolini who wanted Boskovic to get every ball. I agree that Boskovic is being underused, though as she is the only world class attacker in the team.

Vakifbank's block is very impressive, much better than Vitra's.

I'd like to see Guldeniz come on even though Meliha has done OK, I think better reception and a quicker game would really help today

• Maja makes her team desperate at times imo. At 14-15 f.e. Eczacibasi catched on with Vakifbank and needed a side out to which Maja chose to steal the show and tried a very bad and unnecessary attack which resulted in VakifBank opening the gap instead of setting to the reliable spiker she decided she wanted to steal the show. I see such things a lot with Maja actually and her setting preferences are odd at times. All this causes is too much unnecessary pressure on every single player.

Maja has attacked one ball in the whole match, she is not really trying to steal the show. I'm not saying she is playing good, but she has a really hard job because the other players are not doing good either.

• Of course I agree, but yesterday Beyza had a really good attacking performance, and today she has been given very few balls.. also Meliha and Larson did a pretty good job offensively.. Maja is known for loving her OPPs, so she'll go to Boskovic again and again (I'm not saying she's boring by any means, but she keeps feeding her Oposite players a lot)

You can't compare yesterday to today. Beyza faces Zhu's block, so it's hard for Maja to set her on the slide. And today she is definitely not feeding Boskovic. Actually I think Eczaci would have a better chance if she did even with Boskovic not being at her best...