Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• id havent watched a live match for a while
    i dislike those fans putting pressure on referees by curses

however i can say that Fener fans have learned to some extent how to be a volleyball fan by coming and watching Fener's matches,on the other hand Gs fans are still "raw"

• after watching Kosheleva in the last ECH..im a bit worried about Galatasaray
    first she will be a liability in passing like in Russian NT
    serves are very good in VVSL.any team can serve very well and either Neslihan or Kosheleva will have to cover some space together with libero Buse and OH Rabadzieva.
    Kosheleva doenst seem to be a beast like in the past.i hope with Gamze's sets she can find her real game and we can watch a good Kosheleva again.moreover,she has to prove herself in VVSL.she was bad last season.
    i look forward to watching Kosheleva-Neslihan duo with Gamze's sets!

• after watching Kosheleva in the last ECH..im a bit worried about Galatasaray
    first she will be a liability in passing like in Russian NT
    serves are very good in VVSL.any team can serve very well and either Neslihan or Kosheleva will have to cover some space together with libero Buse and OH Rabadzieva.
    Kosheleva doenst seem to be a beast like in the past.i hope with Gamze's sets she can find her real game and we can watch a good Kosheleva again.moreover,she has to prove herself in VVSL.she was bad last season.
    i look forward to watching Kosheleva-Neslihan duo with Gamze's sets!

I don't think Kosheleva will play better with Gamze unfortunately.. as we have seen in the past, Gamze is resolved good setting fast, shoot balls.. that's why Galatasaray played that good last season, because both Guldeniz and Leys wanted fast balls.. Kosheleva os a different type of player.. I hope they work it out though

• I don't think Kosheleva will play better with Gamze unfortunately.. as we have seen in the past, Gamze is resolved good setting fast, shoot balls.. that's why Galatasaray played that good last season, because both Guldeniz and Leys wanted fast balls.. Kosheleva os a different type of player.. I hope they work it out though

she can adjust her sets to Kosheleva..higher balls.she is a fast setter and that doesnt mean she cant deal with high balls..this is good for her to play with the diffe style players..she can impove her settership
    Galatasaray's offense wasnt great last season and they will be good at it this season..so no need for crazy sets!

• I don't think Kosheleva will play better with Gamze unfortunately.. as we have seen in the past, Gamze is resolved good setting fast, shoot balls.. that's why Galatasaray played that good last season, because both Guldeniz and Leys wanted fast balls.. Kosheleva os a different type of player.. I hope they work it out though

I'm concerned about GS's performance this season. Gamze makes a significant difference with her fast game only when the reception line is stable. She had good reception from Leys-Nihan-Güldeniz and this allowed her to use both Jack and Aslı&Ruseva. This fast game and a lot of MB attacks made GS so successful last year. Having Kosheleva will ruin their rhythm. Gamze is a system setter and it is really hard to set such a system with Kosheleva in the team. There are very few teams in Europe that can compensate Kosheleva's lack of reception. Raba is experienced at 2-receiver system so maybe she can manage but I would still expect a lot of matches that GS plays with Raba-Jack and Ruseva :whistle:

• For sure it will be a very different Galatasaray to last season. I expect the plan is to start Kosheleva because you don't spend that much money on a player and leave her on the bench but it is true that she will ruin the reception and it will be interesting to see if Gamze can adjust to a slower, higher game that she will surely need to play now. Honestly I think Neslihan is a much better passer than Kosheleva at the moment. What I noticed about Kosheleva is that once she is receiving badly she usually starts attacking badly as well which is what happened in most of the Vakif-Vitra games last season so IMO she has to be protected in reception or she will ruin the game for GS.

GS were able to beat Vakifbank last year because of how great their reception was, now their reception is much weaker. Of course, they are now stronger at the net but they are not close to the level of the big 3 teams at the net so taking them on at this game seems like a bad idea. I'm not sure if this was a clever investment but I guess they felt they needed to have a proven point machine to compete in the TL and CL.

• And to be completely fair Dobriana's reception wasn't what you call 'god-like' neither was Buse Kayacan. I think Gamze can adjust to high sets easily. I'm pretty sure about that. She is not just a fast setter that was just what she had to work with last season. Reception is still a trouble though, for me GS is hit or miss atm. They could either work out greatly if Kosheleva can attack and Rabadzhieva/Jack/Ruseva/Neslihan can contribute + defend. Or they could become a receiving mess. I guess we'll find out soon enough:D