Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• I agree with Canter there is more then 1 strong team in Turkey... She could even go to foreign countries like Italy and try something completely new. Imo most Italian local setters are not so good either so I believe she could be really a game changer there. She could even go to Brazil or Russia f.e. but I don't see that happen. She has enough options to go to from Turkey to foreign countries but the thing is is she willing to try. I would do it if I was her, she has played so many years with VB and achieved so much. Time to start a new phase in her carreer if you ask me. It could change her from one of the best atm to world-class/the best. It is not like top Italian teams or Fener o4 Vitra don't pay btw :lol:

but Brazil has tons of amazing setters on their league tho.

• I don't think so. She is working with one of the best trainer in the world. Playing in the same club for a long time doesn't make any harm. Just have a look to Gözde's development, she improved soo much under guidance of Guidetti. Gözde never changed her club and she grow as a player more than anyone. Same applies with Eda, she has been playing in FB for ages and she still keeps improving her level every year. Indeed I really like that clubs keep these elite players in their roster for many years and they become a symbol of that club (such as Gülden and Esra in Eczacıbaşı)

By the way, it is not like there is no challenge anymore when you have Zhu in your team. Playing a good game with many stars is still a big challenge (for many years, both Eczacıbaşı and FB couldn't be successful due to lack of good setters such as Naz) Indeed, whenever I see Vakıfbank wins against Eczacı or FB, I always ask myself whether score could have been other way around if Naz would have played in Eczacıbaşı or FB. Both teams have great roster but they can't be successful since they always had to sacrifice one of foreign attacker at bench or have to alternate their setter with mediocre local ones. :whistle:

Yes, I agree!if 3 foreign players allowed, naz is the key to break the balance. And, if turkish league allows 4 foreign players in the court at the same time, the influence of naz will be much lower. However, it harms the developement of local younger player. If 4 players allowed, i think fenerbache and ecz vitra will be at the same level as vakifbank. I think zhuting is the key to break the balance between the top teams! Who gets zhuting, who has bigger chance to get the gold medal! Actually, fenerbache contacts zhuting from the beginning till now!, zhuting declines the offer. This season, fenerbache refuses to pay high salary to KYK due to her slowing down performance. That is the main reason kyk goes to shanghai. :teach:

btw: Guddetti invited zhuting to join vakifank in 2013. However langping did not let zhuting go. From that time, guddetti can not find a strong enough outside hitter and can not win champions league since 2013-2014 season!!

If clubs have enough money to invest next season, we may see:

fenerbache: KYK,natalia,raminova,cari loyid,
    vakifban: Zhuting, rasic, slotejes,Robinson
    eczvitra:maja, boscovic, Thaisa, larson.

• Well, you can see how important Naz is for turkish volleyball just looking at her record: 9 Champions League F4s in a row and the 10th is behind the corner!

Eczacibasi won 3 turkish leagues and 1 Cup of Turkey with her.
    Fenerbahce won 2 turkish leagues, 1 Cup of Turkey, 2 Turkish Supercups, 1 Champions League and 1 World Club Championship (best moment ever for the club).
    VakifBank won 3 turkish leagues, 3 Cups of Turkey, 3 Turkish Supercups, 2 Champions Leagues and 2 World Club Championships (best moment ever for the club).

The only turkish setter who could take her place in a top team like Vakifbank is Gamze IMHO, but whether she would fit the team as good as Naz is something we don't know till it happens (honestly I don't think so).

First CL title of Vakıf was when Özge was the setter,right ?

• I think Naz is a great setter and find it odd when some people say she is bad for Vakif. But I also think that she is just one reason VB are better than FB and ECZ. Vakif have all the best local players with the exception of Eda. Beyza and Meliha are good players but not elite level and Busra and Simge are also not that good. For Fener, yes Eda is elite but Dicle Nur and Bahar are not at that level, neither are their liberos and neither is Polen/Cagla. However Kubra, Gozde and Naz are all excellent players and even though Gizem is not always great I think she is definitely better than the liberos of the other teams.

Clearly Vakif have a big advantage in local players in general, not just Naz. Add to that Zhu being the best player in the world, Rasic being probably the best MB in the world and Sloetjes being the best “second choice” attacker and you have a team that is clearly stronger than the other two, as great as they are.

• Btw,i liked rfabio as a user,hope we can see him again
    He was like a dictionary about some infos about volley

I still don't understand why Matthias needs to ban him. Even though if the gesture of rfabio is provocative, at the end of the day, he had the right to express his opinion or his dissatisfaction. As long as he's not trolling (which some losers doing regularly here without any punishment) or violating any forum's rule, I don't see other reason why to ban him. They keep telling us that if you don't like an user, just put this user to your ignore list. Then why don't they just put Fabio in their ignore list instead of banning him.

I think Naz is a great setter and find it odd when some people say she is bad for Vakif. But I also think that she is just one reason VB are better than FB and ECZ. Vakif have all the best local players with the exception of Eda. Beyza and Meliha are good players but not elite level and Busra and Simge are also not that good. For Fener, yes Eda is elite but Dicle Nur and Bahar are not at that level, neither are their liberos and neither is Polen/Cagla. However Kubra, Gozde and Naz are all excellent players and even though Gizem is not always great I think she is definitely better than the liberos of the other teams.

Clearly Vakif have a big advantage in local players in general, not just Naz. Add to that Zhu being the best player in the world, Rasic being probably the best MB in the world and Sloetjes being the best “second choice” attacker and you have a team that is clearly stronger than the other two, as great as they are

No one said that Naz is bad for Vakif. The debate started with if Naz is replaceable in Vakifbank. Then the debate turned to if Naz can improve her skill if she play with other team. From my point of view, Yes, Naz is replaceable big time in the present Vakifbank echo-system. But I don't think she will improve significantly her setting skill with another team. Naz is a good setter, but not an extraordinary setter. I think she's going to stay with Vakifbank for a while because her marketing value is still high (attractiveness, good family pedigree and role model for youth) and she's the best candidate available to replace Gozde as captain.

• I was not just talking about this particular debate, people are often saying Naz is a weakness for Vakif which I just don’t agree with at all. I don’t think Turkish setters could do any better than her, though they would still be the best team with certain other setters as well. The point is there is no reason for Vakif to replace her and no reason for her to want to leave (unless she gets pregnant) so she will still be a Vakif player for years to come IMO.

• Vakıfbank wouldn't be as successful as it is now without Naz. There is no single Turkish setter who can fill her spot and foreign alternatives (there are only a few) will cost either Sloetjes or Rasiç to sit on bench. Since there is no good local Opps, only option could be having Eda to fill Rasiç's spot but since she is such a big figure in FB, I can't imagine she will leave her team.

Naz is one of the most experienced setters on CL level and she is only 27 years old, which is quite a young age for setter position. :flower:

• I agree Naz is their best option but if Gamze or even Ezgi for example was their setter then IMO they would still be the best team. A foreign setter would disrupt the team too much and even though I prefer to watch players like Ognjenovic and Tomkom they are not significantly better than Naz - so really why would Vakifbank want to change?

• Can you believe Elif Ağca (Öner) was once Vakıf's setter?
    :lol:
    When Vakıf won its first CL title with Özge as setter,I didnt understand why hey felt the need to switch her with Naz but it would be a very good move by them and Vakıf would have many succesess with Naz for the years to come

• I think Naz is a great setter and find it odd when some people say she is bad for Vakif. But I also think that she is just one reason VB are better than FB and ECZ. Vakif have all the best local players with the exception of Eda. Beyza and Meliha are good players but not elite level and Busra and Simge are also not that good. For Fener, yes Eda is elite but Dicle Nur and Bahar are not at that level, neither are their liberos and neither is Polen/Cagla. However Kubra, Gozde and Naz are all excellent players and even though Gizem is not always great I think she is definitely better than the liberos of the other teams.

Clearly Vakif have a big advantage in local players in general, not just Naz. Add to that Zhu being the best player in the world, Rasic being probably the best MB in the world and Sloetjes being the best “second choice” attacker and you have a team that is clearly stronger than the other two, as great as they are.

I agree 100%! Let's not forget also that Vakif doesn't change their starting roster much from year to year, it makes them strong too

• Kosheleva is doing very well today but the problem is that nobody helped her in 1st set. She scored 8/13 and the rest of the team added only 3 attack points.

Galatasaray's reception remains very vulnerable also with Gizem as libero :S