Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Big match!
    lets see how much Galatasaray has improved so far!
    Eczacıbaşı Vitra-Galatasaray

i guess Ilbak will lose again :white: the only team they can beat seems to be Çanakkale which is not easy opponent for them to beat or maybe Beylikdüzü

Seramiksan-_Halkbank match will be interesting!

btw.. whats wrong with Dimitrova of Bursa BB? she hasnt been starter in the recent matches ,also in today's match she seems to have played only the last set yet she is the best scorer of her team

• How many teams are from Istanbul? Thanks.

• How many teams are from Istanbul? Thanks.

Half of them 6 to be exact :D Fenerbahçe, BJK, GS, EczV, VB and Beylikdüzü. A lot of players love this as they all can meet up all the time and it gives them that volleyball city atmosphere + Istanbul is obv a very big metropolis with over 16 million people in it so it is as big as some countries anyway :lol: only difference is some of them are in the European side of Istanbul and others on the Asian side.

Bursa BBSK and Nilüfer are from Bursa city. Ilbank and Halkbank from Ankara. Seramiksan from Manisa, and Çanakkale from the city of Çanakkale.

Guess I cleared that up :drink:

• Btw if you guys are curious which teams are on the Asian side and which are on the European side of Istanbul:

European side: Eczacıbaşı, Galatasaray, Beşiktaş, Beylikdüzü

Asian/Anatolian side: Fenerbahçe and VakifBank

• Thanks so much for the information. It's a coincidence that KYK and Zhu play for the Asian side of Istanbul. I can assume all the Istanbul teams don't like each other.

• Istanbul is obv a very big metropolis with over 16 million people in it so it is as big as some countries anyway :lol:

It has more people than Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina combined :lol: BTW, almost all Serbian players who have played there absolutely love it, Jelena Nikolić said it's the only place except for Belgrade where she could imagine herself settling down, Vesna Čitaković said it was the only place outside Serbia where she never felt like a foreigner, and so on.

I just wish teams were more evenly spread across the country, so many are from Istanbul and then Bursa and Canakkale are also relatively close. I wish there were more from the interior like Kayseri or Sivas, or the Black Sea region like Trabzon (though I guess they had a team in the league recently) or the south like Adana.
    I've also always thought it's a bit weird that Izmir doesn't have a women's team.

• Btw if you guys are curious which teams are on the Asian side and which are on the European side of Istanbul:

European side: Eczacıbaşı, Galatasaray, Beşiktaş, Beylikdüzü

Asian/Anatolian side: Fenerbahçe and VakifBank

GS is originally a team from the European side (there is actually an area in the center of Istanbul called Galatasaray), however volleyball teams train at Tacspor in Asian side and play their matches in Burhan Felek or Tacspor which are both located in the Asian side. They have some other branches in asian side as well, like swimming :box:

• It has more people than Serbia, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina combined :lol: BTW, almost all Serbian players who have played there absolutely love it, Jelena Nikolić said it's the only place except for Belgrade where she could imagine herself settling down, Vesna Čitaković said it was the only place outside Serbia where she never felt like a foreigner, and so on.

I just wish teams were more evenly spread across the country, so many are from Istanbul and then Bursa and Canakkale are also relatively close. I wish there were more from the interior like Kayseri or Sivas, or the Black Sea region like Trabzon (though I guess they had a team in the league recently) or the south like Adana.
    I've also always thought it's a bit weird that Izmir doesn't have a women's team.

i absolutely agree with you..im sure the halls would be full if those cities had a female volleyball team in VVSL..
    last year Trabzon had a team called Idmanocağı.they were relegated by the end of the league

• Rachel Sanchez is my hero, she is an MB normally but plays as Opp recently and damn 61% success spike rate today :super: :heart: also good match by Salas again 24 kills (45%) and Ramirez is a great leader to finish it off #goCubans

Sanchez played as MB today

It is indeed weird. Askasspor has a female team that's playing in the second division for many years but they always play with youngsters coming from their sports academy. I hope one day Arkasspor will also start to invest to the female branch as Halkbank is doing in last a few years :whistle:

Samsun Anakent is from Black Sea region and they have a good roster to promote to Sultanlar ligi next year. That could be nice to have a club from other small cities.

• Manisa (Seramiksan) is very close to Izmir. It would be dope though to see Arkas invest in their female team. They sure can do better then the situation atm where the female Arkas team can't even do good in 2nd league.

• I saw her play as Opp in at least some of the parts of the match.

Check the stat sheet: http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=72&PID=58&type=LegList

She was opposite of Nesve for all 4 sets so she was always MB unless Nesve started to play as a setter :rolleyes:

• Check the stat sheet: http://tvf-web.dataproject.com…ID=72&PID=58&type=LegList

She was opposite of Nesve for all 4 sets so she was always MB unless Nesve started to play as a setter :rolleyes:

I think Beri confuses one of the rotations. Sanchez is the closest MB to the setter, so when setter is at rotation 3, Sanchez stays at 2 and attacks from there. Some amateur teams do that often since their MBs prefer to hit higher balls from zone 2. I am not surprised since Sanchez doesnt hit 1st tempo anyway.

• dagdelenler, Zehra is good but not better than Kubra yet, besides Kubra is a slider while Zehra hits from zone 3.

Meanwhile, Kubra probably had a silent divorce since she changed her surname back to Akman from Caliskan.