Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Zhu's reception is a big liability against good server teams like GS :S I wish Robinson could step up her game especially at offense. Hill was a perfect sub for Zhu last year :whistle:

The reason why Kübra plays as slide attacker is simply that Rasiç doesn't play as slide attacker neither. Zehra is not a good slider neither. Indeed besides Eda, we don't have any good slider (missing one of the best European slider Aysun Özbek :rose: ) Kübra, Dicle, Zehra, Aslı, Büşra are all M2 players. That's indeed one of the reason that Guidetti invited Bahar although she is not the best slide attacker, still better alternative to Eda than all other options. Zehra is very similar player to Kübra (just a little more faster version of her). We urgently need slider attackers to replace Eda. Ceylan was a good prospect as slider while she was playing in junior level however we all see how terrible her development went in last couple of years :down:

By the way, Rabadzhieva is the biggest disappointment of Turkish league :aww:

• Player A Rabadzhieva.
    Player B Robinson.

I don't get the point yet. The first plays every single match of her team. The second mostly replaces Zhu Ting or Lonneke on the back row and had few chaces to play full games.

• You are right, Rabadzhieva plays more than K Robinson even though Robinson has played more and more as season goes along, but sample size of more than half of the season is reasonably large. What amazes is that the reception and attack of these two players are almost identical. Nobody expects Rabadzhieva to be a dominant attacker, but i think she is very valuable especially playing alongside KOSHELEVA, whose reception is horrible (reception EFF is only 15%).

• Zhu's reception is a big liability against good server teams like GS :S I wish Robinson could step up her game especially at offense. Hill was a perfect sub for Zhu last year :whistle:

The reason why Kübra plays as slide attacker is simply that Rasiç doesn't play as slide attacker neither. Zehra is not a good slider neither. Indeed besides Eda, we don't have any good slider (missing one of the best European slider Aysun Özbek :rose: ) Kübra, Dicle, Zehra, Aslı, Büşra are all M2 players. That's indeed one of the reason that Guidetti invited Bahar although she is not the best slide attacker, still better alternative to Eda than all other options. Zehra is very similar player to Kübra (just a little more faster version of her). We urgently need slider attackers to replace Eda. Ceylan was a good prospect as slider while she was playing in junior level however we all see how terrible her development went in last couple of years :down:

By the way, Rabadzhieva is the biggest disappointment of Turkish league :aww:

First, Zhuting does not receive well this match but still is the core player in this team. Although zhuting does not play amazing comparing to her own standards with 55% spike successful rate normaly, zhuting is still better than most players in this game in a whole if you look at the W-P(winning points - errors) stats and break points!

For my point of view, zhuting makes too much spike errors in this game. She gots 5 block points and serves most in the team in this game. Robinson even can not be a starter to replace gozde in champion league this season. However, She is a valuable sub for vakifbank considering the salaray.

GS's receiving and spiking is often terrible during crucial moments, for my point of view galatasaray can not win anything if they do not have big heart and can not fight under big pressure,especially after 20 points! :teach:

• First, Zhuting does not receive well this match but still is the core player in this team. Although zhuting does not play amazing comparing to her own standards with 55% spike successful rate normaly, zhuting is still better than most players in this game in a whole if you look at the W-P(winning points - errors) stats and break points!

For my point of view, zhuting makes too much spike errors in this game. She gots 5 block points and serves most in the team in this game. Robinson even can not be a starter to replace gozde in champion league this season.

GS's reception/spiking is often terrible during crucial moments, for my point of view galatasaray can not win anything if they do not have big heart and fight under big pressure! :teach:

Vakifbank could easily lose this game. I think GS becomes a much better team after coach realized that Kosheleva is just too bad of a receiver and Neslihan started to receive more. I think GS might be more dangerous than Fenerbahce in Turkey league.

Yes, it's disappointing that Vakifbank is basically the same between CL and TL while all of other main competitors has upgraded more or less in CL: Imoco Conegliano, Fenerbahce, and even GS

• Vakifbank could easily lose this game. I think GS becomes a much better team after coach realized that Kosheleva is just too bad of a receiver and Neslihan started to receive more. I think GS might be more dangerous than Fenerbahce in Turkey league.

Yes, it's disappointing that Vakifbank is basically the same between CL and TL while all of other main competitors has upgraded more or less in CL: Imoco Conegliano, Fenerbahce, and even GS

Well, I say the champion will be vakifbank or ecz vitra this season in turkish league! The bench players of these two teams are also good. Moreover the players of these two teams are young. This will make difference in play-off.

The bench players in GS and FB are weaker compared to VB and ECZ vitra! Vakifbank and ecz vitra will have more energy and players to use during play-off for my point of view! :teach:

• These two teams are obviously the favorites. Ecz vitra not having to play in CL is a big advantage. Hope everyone stays healthy and play well down the stretch.

Yes. Anyway, I believe vakifbank will get all trophies this season,because they have Zhuting who scores and makes difference at crucial moment. However, this year WCH 2018 is more important than club matches. I think the champion in 2018 WCH will come from Brazil, China, Serbia!! :teach:

• Yes. Anyway, I believe vakifbank will get all trophies this season,because they have Zhuting who scores and makes difference at crucial moment. However, this year WCH 2018 is more important than club matches. I think the champion in 2018 WCH will come from Brazil, China, Serbia!! :teach:

well,,Vakıfbank could get the title in VVSL but having Zhu doenst secure them any title as we saw the last seaoson they lost to Galatasay in the semis ;) :teach: i agree she is a very big weapon for crucial moments..
    they will have to save some energy to win VVSL which is kind of second CL for these teams

• well,,Vakıfbank could get the title in VVSL but having Zhu doenst secure them any title as we saw the last seaoson they lost to Galatasay in the semis ;) :teach: i agree she is a very big weapon for crucial moments..
    they will have to save some energy to win VVSL which is kind of second CL for these teams

I agree. If only zhuting plays well, It is still not enough to win the champion. Actually, I think every starter of vakifbank has to play very well, if they fight ecz vitra in the end! When the chance comes, zhuting will bring the whole team championship and gold medal! :teach:

• Vakifbank become all about Zhu.

When KYK played for Fener She was the main player but all other players had big roles in their team. And now if Zhu is playing like normal player, Vakif is not what they are. Only when Zhu is playing like She can than no one in Turkish league can't fight against them.

When KYK played for Fener She was the main player but all other players had big roles in their team. And now if Zhu is playing like normal player, Vakif is not what they are. Only when Zhu is playing like She can than no one in Turkish league can't fight against them.

It is not true. You can check the stats of the final in turkish cup. Every player of vakifbank plays very well. That is the reason they can beat ecz vitra (3:0). For my piont of views, some players does not show equal passion for the match of regular season(including zhuting this season! she also saves energy for the play-offs) :teach:

• I agree. If only zhuting plays well, It is still not enough to win the champion. Actually, I think every starter of vakifbank has to play very well, if they fight ecz vitra in the end! When the chance comes, zhuting will bring the whole team championship and gold medal! :teach:

i agree...when Lonneke doenst play well (like against Galatasary) they can have some difficulties and then players like Zhu has to play extra well
    if they as whole team play well then Zhu is ready for cricual moments and win them championships

they have Lonneke,Raşiç,Gözde,Kübra and now Robinson..these players are good players..when they cant do their job well enough Zhu cant do much alone
    volleyball doenst consists of only offence/attack..there are the other departments and to be a strong team you should do the job well in every department..this provides you with extra chances in offence ( a block ,a dig etc)
    Lonneke and Zhu's main task is to kill the sets (most of the time, of course they should defend and block etc as well) when one of them plays a bad match then the other should play extra well or one of the OHs should be on her day or the MBs should play extra.. this is like this way for every team

I disagree. Zhu Ting works becuase her teammates allow her to show her best. Whenever Galatasaray found her with service, Vakifbank Lost the point. Guidetti tried a 2 people reception line and subbed at first her (second set) and then Lonneke on the back row (third and fourth set). When they found a way to make the chinese comfortable with her task, she killed the ball. It doesn't look an all about Zhu team, when she is dependent on her teammates.

KYK in another kind of player. She can do everything She wants, because She is in total control of all the volleyball skills. Don't forget She was the best scorer, spiler, receiver and server of her team. Her skills gave more chance to Fener, since no one had to cover her, but She was the one covering the others. And of course when they were struggling It was 'ball to Kim and we celebrate'.

• Not making any comparison atm so dont get all butthurt

Imo reception is the hardest aspect of volleyball and the hardest to master.I watched a long interview with KYK recently and reason KYK is such an all around amazing player while still being the height she is is because she played basically as a serving libero in the first part of her carreer. I know its almost impossible to believe but she used to be the worst spiker of her team :cheesy: she said she then worked hours every single day on her reception and passing and serve since she was a little child so she could completely master that you can imagine there will very few if any offensive OH's that will ever reach her defensive skills. She said she then felt like she mastered the court with her serve and defensive skills which eventually helped her offense wise. Also she played for a bad team and had to do basically everything for them for a few years which must have helped her as well. How much she could reach her offensive skills while being nomally a defensive player imo just shows how much of a true talent and blessing she is to the volleyball world and not many can top her bcs of this reason imo. In Shanghai again she is the best attacker/receiver/everything again. You just gotta love KYK :heart: :win:

• actually she was your dear in the past :thumbsup:
    i agree with you about Leys and Güldeniz..Raba's passing is also not realiable at crucial times as much as her attack

Robinson as foreigner could be more useful for Gala than Rabadzieva

Rabadzhieva, my dear? There must be a confusion here :) I was accused of being a Rabadzhieva hater by a bulgarian user in this forum once. What I appreciated with her most was her receiving skills and she was clearly the best GS could transfer this summer. She was indeed one of the best (maybe the best) defensive OH in the market.

What annoys me most about Rabadzhieva is, she doesnt even cover a large space to receive as she used to in her previous teams. Neslihan and Gizem are receiving most of the serves, because opponents know that they are worse receivers. It would be great if Rabadzhieva limited their space more, so that Neslihan did not have to worry about receiving. Now each of Neslihan-Gizem are receiving like 30 times per match while Rabadzhieva sometimes end up receiving less than 10 serves. Furthermore, her serving is such a mess! I criticised this in the beginning of the season and it didnt develop either. She switched to jump serves from jump floats which are not more effective and more error prone.

In my opinion attacking stats of Rabadzhieva is low due to misconnection with Gamze, yesterday they actually had a small talk and were angry at each other. The problem is, although she is a defensive OH, her attacking approach is very Russian, indeed very slow. So she expects clear, high and slow sets, similar to Kosheleva's. What happens here is, Turkish teams have good blockers and a team like Vakifbank will always bring a triple block if she asks for such slow sets and she is simply not capable of passing those blocks! Yesterday, she also looked extremely stressed and nervous, I think she knew she was bad all the time. It is such a cruel move by Ataman not to bench her in such a bad day and let her get worse on the court.

I don't understand all the fuzz about Asli Kalac either. Yes she is a short MB but that is not necessarily a bad thing. Yesterday Zhu had more troubles when Asli was blocking! Gözde was blocked 2-3 times when Asli was in the front row. She almost always places herself very well in the block that opponents either hit over her block and hit out, or Gizem Karadayi digs anything going around her block. To me, 1st criteria from an MB is that they place them well in block, no matter if they are 200cm tall or 150cm. Makes life so easier for the defenders in the backrow. Besides, Asli is the best attacking MB of GS, Ruseva is a great blocker but her attacking is extremely problematic, Jack is so out of form that her jumping skills and speed is nowhere close to last years. Over all these, Asli is the best server and defender among these 3. Ataman should insist on her :win: