Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• Not making any comparison atm so dont get all butthurt

Imo reception is the hardest aspect of volleyball and the hardest to master.I watched a long interview with KYK recently and reason KYK is such an all around amazing player while still being the height she is is because she played basically as a serving libero in the first part of her carreer. I know its almost impossible to believe but she used to be the worst spiker of her team :cheesy: she said she then worked hours every single day on her reception and passing and serve since she was a little child so she could completely master that you can imagine there will very few if any offensive OH's that will ever reach her defensive skills. She said she then felt like she mastered the court with her serve and defensive skills which eventually helped her offense wise. Also she played for a bad team and had to do basically everything for them for a few years which must have helped her as well. How much she could reach her offensive skills while being nomally a defensive player imo just shows how much of a true talent and blessing she is to the volleyball world and not many can top her bcs of this reason imo. In Shanghai again she is the best attacker/receiver/everything again. You just gotta love KYK :heart: :win:

Agreed. Zhuting and KYK have their own supporters. KYK plays well in shanghai. I think she made the right choice to play in China. However, let us see whether will she want to back to europe with lower salary than before :teach:

• I disagree. Zhu Ting works becuase her teammates allow her to show her best. Whenever Galatasaray found her with service, Vakifbank Lost the point. Guidetti tried a 2 people reception line and subbed at first her (second set) and then Lonneke on the back row (third and fourth set). When they found a way to make the chinese comfortable with her task, she killed the ball. It doesn't look an all about Zhu team, when she is dependent on her teammates.

KYK in another kind of player. She can do everything She wants, because She is in total control of all the volleyball skills. Don't forget She was the best scorer, spiler, receiver and server of her team. Her skills gave more chance to Fener, since no one had to cover her, but She was the one covering the others. And of course when they were struggling It was 'ball to Kim and we celebrate'.

Zhuting's volleyball skills has already been recognized by lots of top volleyball players and top coaches.And she has lots of international fans now. More important, she is writing the history now. If somebody is so good why he can not get as many medals and mvp as possible. Advanced skills do not mean amazing results! It is like other job in the real life. Somebody just can not achieve legendary achievement even if he is in control of all skills!! :teach: For somebody like you, no matter you like or not,you will be jealous for a very long time,because zhuting will continue to get gold medals and mvp for a long time~~~~ :teach:

• Very good point of view. I agree on everything. :win:

• Not making any comparison atm so dont get all butthurt

Imo reception is the hardest aspect of volleyball and the hardest to master.I watched a long interview with KYK recently and reason KYK is such an all around amazing player while still being the height she is is because she played basically as a serving libero in the first part of her carreer. I know its almost impossible to believe but she used to be the worst spiker of her team :cheesy: she said she then worked hours every single day on her reception and passing and serve since she was a little child so she could completely master that you can imagine there will very few if any offensive OH's that will ever reach her defensive skills. She said she then felt like she mastered the court with her serve and defensive skills which eventually helped her offense wise. Also she played for a bad team and had to do basically everything for them for a few years which must have helped her as well. How much she could reach her offensive skills while being nomally a defensive player imo just shows how much of a true talent and blessing she is to the volleyball world and not many can top her bcs of this reason imo. In Shanghai again she is the best attacker/receiver/everything again. You just gotta love KYK :heart: :win:

Of course we can't compare them, since they have completely different skills. We can Just say who we like the most.

Btw, I'm so amazed by Neslihan lately. And she's more beautiful than ever. :love:

• I think any team in Turkey would love to have KYK in their team still. Vakifbank would have an amazing duo with Zhu-KYK, Larson will very likely leave Eczacibasi next season and they could use KYK-Hande (Meliha), GS could do great with KYK-Neslihan-Kosheleva trio and FB misses her a lot and simply couldnt find a good replacement. I wish she could play another 10 years :rose:

Thank you Shame for your comment above :drink:

• I think any team in Turkey would love to have KYK in their team still. Vakifbank would have an amazing duo with Zhu-KYK, Larson will very likely leave Eczacibasi next season and they could use KYK-Hande (Meliha), GS could do great with KYK-Neslihan-Kosheleva trio and FB misses her a lot and simply couldnt find a good replacement. I wish she could play another 10 years :rose:

Thank you Shame for your comment above :drink:

The reality is no club wants to pay same high salary as before to her even if club wants to invest. All turkey's club managers know her performance is slowing down. However, if kyk accepts lower salary(like same salary as natalia). we may see kyk in turkey clubs next season!:teach:

• KYK dreams of a medal in the world division. Every athlete wants one in their trophy cabinet.

We often talk about club but we underestimate that need to bring glory to your nation.

She's not getting any younger. The china deal brings her the dough and relative closeness to Korea.(I mean it's not that really close but it's not european far.) It could help her and her teammates make a connection and train at much ease than when she was in Europe in my opinion. The body can only take much when you are older and she made the best decision playing in China when you think about it.

I also don't think Zhu Ting-KYK is possible unless Vakifbank is that stupid without thinking of Gozde's long term replacement . Just too much money involved that may not see a return of investment for the club.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Is Abbondanza still free in the market? I don't know if it will help but maybe he could bring some confidence back to Fenerbahce...

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Beşiktaş on their to beat Fenerbahçe 3-1 :white: if this happens its the second in a short time that FB loses 3 points against mid range team. First Halkbank now BJK

The result of this match is not important, the real problem is the performance of whole team. They can not fight italian teams with this status. :what:

• After this round NO.3 and No.4 of regular season is almost fixed. The war left in regular season is between vakifbank and ecz vitra to get no.1 now. I think fenerbache and galatasary should focus more on champions league now. :teach:

Top 3 2 is done sure but there is only 3 points between Galatasaray and Bursa so that one is not sure at all. Also the battle for top 8 is more exciting then ever this season. Halkbank, BJK, Nilüfer, Seramiksan, Beylikdüzü and even Çanakkale all seem in a super close race. Also Leo remember being top 4 has no real benefits only nr1 in regular season. It is about getting to top 8.

My ideal top 8 would be:

EczV, Vakif, FB, GS, Bursa, Halkbank, BJK, Seramiksan.

Leaving for relegation: Beylikdüzü, Nilüfer, Çanakkale, Ilbank

I only want Ilbank to relegate to 2nd division tbh other teams are all so competitive this season.

• Top 3 is done? GS played with Eczacibasi and Vakifbank but Fenerbahce did not play against any of them yet in second half. If FB loses all three without any points, then GS goes up to 3rd place, which is not impossible considering FB's current shape. Therefore the match between GS-FB is very critical next week. Besides, who can say that FB won't lose anymore points except these 3? :whistle:

• Top 3 is done? GS played with Eczacibasi and Vakifbank but Fenerbahce did not play against any of them yet in second half. If FB loses all three without any points, then GS goes up to 3rd place, which is not impossible considering FB's current shape. Therefore the match between GS-FB is very critical next week. Besides, who can say that FB won't lose anymore points except these 3? :whistle:

Typo I mean't Top 2. I see FB lose against Vakif, EczV and GS if they don't make a drastic change which I doubt will happen. I meant battle for nr1 (CL) is between Vakif and EczV and Bursa is not far behind the other two :D

• Rabadzhieva, my dear? There must be a confusion here :) I was accused of being a Rabadzhieva hater by a bulgarian user in this forum once. What I appreciated with her most was her receiving skills and she was clearly the best GS could transfer this summer. She was indeed one of the best (maybe the best) defensive OH in the market.

i remember when Rabadzieva was first time playing for Galatasaray (one of her teammate was Saori or Neriman or Both) you used to like her a lot..especalily you were prasing her playoff perfromance a lot thats why i used "dear" word :thumbsup: ..do i remember that wrong ? she hasnt been playing well so far..i hope she gets better when it matters most