Turkey- VVSL-Vestel Venus Women's League 2017/2018

• She is now on loan to Karayollari. She wanted to play regularly so they loaned her with double license. Im not sure if she is in the squad.

Oh really? Thanks for informing me. I remember her in the squad like 1-2 weeks ago I think and also in CEV cup. Maybe she plays for both teams? Good move from her though :thumbup:

• Started watching from the second set, and I really like this new way Eczacibasi is playing, trying to not overuse Boskovic (even though I think sometimes Maja is overusing Larson), they look much more like a team. And imo, Guldeniz is making a difference for them in passing and defense, and doing a really good job at spiking too.

• i couldnt watch the match but Vitra beat Vakıf second time 3-0 in this season..interesting!

Seramiksan lost gthe very important match...good for Nilüfer b!

Çanakkale resisted well agaisnt Beylikdüzü but couldnt win

• VVSL Results of Week 18 :

Bursa BB - Galatasaray : 1-3
    stats
    Halkbank - Beşiktaş : 3-1
    stats
    youtube
    Fenerbahçe - Ilbank : 3-0
    stats
    Seramiksan - Nilüfer B : 2-3
    stats
    K Beylikdüzü - Çanakkale B : 3-2
    stats
    Vakıfbank - Eczacıbaşı Vitra : 0-3
    stats
    youtube

Standings :
    1.Eczacıbaşı Vitra 17-1 (51,7 points)
    2.Vakıfbank 16-2 (48,4)
    3.Fenerbahçe 15-3 (43,8 )
    4.Galatasaray 13-5 (38 )
    5.Bursa BB. 9-9 (33,2)
    6.Halkbank 8-10 (26,6)
    7.Nilüfer B. 7-11 (22,4)
    8.Beşiktaş 6-12 (21,1)
    9.Seramiksan 6-12 (19,3)
    10.K.Beylikdüzü 6-12 (19)
    11.Çanakkale 5-13 (14,6)
    12.Ilbank 0-18 (3,3

• Schedule of Week 19 in VVSL :

14:00 Galatasaray - Halkbank

14:00 Çanakkale - Vakıfbank
    15:30 Ilbank - Seramiksan
    17:00 Eczacıbaşı Vitra - Fenerbahçe
    17:30 Nilüfer B - Bursa BB
    17:30 Beşiktaş - K Beylikdüzü VI

• If everyone was playing poorly, the preparation was probably not very good. Eczacıbaşı Vitra played a perfect game, won almost every loose ball. Güldeniz Önal further stabilizes the reception. It's interesting that Vakifbank didn't use Zhu-Gozde-Robinson together much in this game. It has been proven this might be the most effective lineup for Vakifbank this year, maybe coach wants to save this for the playoff.

Zhu's first real game action since Jan 24 and she surely looked rusty today, but this type of rest will pay off down the stretch.

• If everyone was playing poorly, the preparation was probably not very good. Eczacıbaşı Vitra played a perfect game, won almost every loose ball. Güldeniz Önal further stabilizes the reception. It's interesting that Vakifbank didn't use Zhu-Gozde-Robinson together much in this game. It has been proven this might be the most effective lineup for Vakifbank this year, maybe coach wants to save this for the playoff.

Zhu's first real game action since Jan 24 and she surely looked rusty today, but this type of rest will pay off down the stretch.

After this match,i have no interest to watch the matches left in regular season. The only question will galatasary and vakifbank adopts the stragtegy to advoid playing against each other in the turkish league's play-off so they all can save engery to fight in champions league playoff 6. The show will begin. :teach:

• If Vakıfbank had to win the match, they would win. They chose Fenerbahce as opponent at semi-final.

• If Vakıfbank had to win the match, they would win. They chose Fenerbahce as opponent at semi-final.

Things are not as simple as that, winning this match DID indeed hold a lot of value outside it being a regular season match. Lets not forget being nr1 in the regular season means automatic qualification for next CL. So this not VB's 'choice'. EczV so far seems better then VB anyway this season, they won the first round 3-0 as well including a 25-9 set.

• Things are not as simple as that, winning this match DID indeed hold a lot of value outside it being a regular season match. Lets not forget being nr1 in the regular season means automatic qualification for next CL. So this not VB's 'choice'. EczV so far seems better then VB anyway this season, they won the first round 3-0 as well including a 25-9 set.

Galatasaray is also a potential title chanllenger in turkish league if they can improve more. Galatasaray can beat ecz vitra and vakifbank if they can be stable after 20 points. There are too many injuries in fenerbache. So best strategy of vakifbank is to avoid playing against galatasaray in turkish play-off. let us see what is the final decision of vakifbank and galatasaray. :teach:

• Fenerbahce's Ezgi Dagdelenler broke her ankle in yesterday's training and closed the season :white: Poor girl, I wish her a quick recovery, she was showing a good performance lately :flower:

• i added tv coverage to the shedule of week 19

btw..TVF added the Schedule of missing weeks

lets make a projection towards the playoffs

Eczacıbaşı Vitra is very likely to take first place.the toughest opponents to play : Fenerbahçe and Bursa BB.i guess they will beat both teams.
    VakıfBank is very likely to take second place .They are going to play Fenerbahçe and Bursa BB.Could Fenerbahçe make a surprise? not easy with the current roster of theirs
    Fenerbahçe is face to face with two strong opponents of the league : Vitra and Vakıf.They are also going to play Seramiksan's home at the last week.
    Galatasaray i guess Galatasaray will win all the matches left.this means 12 points.If Fener loses to Vitra and Vakıf ( 3-point loses) then Gala could take the third place.
    Bursa BB is bound to take the fifth place at least.they have a chance mathematically to get the fourth,third or even second place but i dont guess such a thing will happen

Halkbank is going to play : at Galatasaray,vs.Nilüfer B,at Ilbank,vs.Vitra : i suppose they can collect 6 points at the best
    Nilüfer B is going to play : vs.Bursa,at Halkbank,vs.Beylikdüzü,at Beşiktaş : i think they lose to Bursa and can win against the other three teams at the best,means 9 points
    Beşiktaş is going to play :vs.Beylikdüzü,vs.Çanakkale,at Galatasaray,and vs.Nilüfer B.They can collect 9 points at the best which is likely to happen.
    Seramiksan is going to play : ar Ilbank,at Eczacıbaşı,at Vakıfbank,vs.Fenerbahçe :white: poor Seramiksan! seems they will win only against Ilbank,means 3 points
    K Beylikdüzü VI is going to play : at Beşiktaş,vs.Galatasaray,at Nilüfer B,vs.Ilbank.They can collect 9 points at the best which is not easy

with this projection

my playoffs :
    1.Eczacıbaşı Vitra
    2.VakıfBank
    3.Galatasaray
    4.Fenerbahçe
    5.Bursa BB
    6.Halkbank
    7.Beşiktaş
    8.Nilüfer B

Beşiktaş may take the 6th place meaning Halkbank to the 7th place

• If fenerbache does one 5 sets game with eczvitra or vakifbank even if they lose, fenerbache will be still third place. This also applies to galatasaray if they make 5-sets win they will still be fourth in the league. So anything can happen for NO.3 and no.4 in regular season.:what: For my point view, no.3 and no.4 can be controlled by vakifbank ,fenerbache and galatsaray. :teach:

• Heard Gozde will retire after this season and will not even attend 2018 FIVB Volleyball Women's Club World Championship in China. That would be a pretty big blow to Vakifbank. They will need to find a good local OH to help them compete within Turkey, I don't think Tugba is even close to be ready. Not to say her leadership on top of on-court performance.